PDA

View Full Version : Regeneration and the pendant of slaanesh?

metro_gnome
31-12-2005, 19:17
do regenerated wounds grant the wearer the +1A?

Griefbringer
31-12-2005, 21:34
Can you both eat your cake and have it?

metro_gnome
31-12-2005, 21:36
um yes... in my belly...
are regenerated wounds wounds for the purposes of the pendant?

Dark_Blade
01-01-2006, 01:05
regeneration is at the end. so they suffer the wounds, gain the attacks then regain wounds

Izram
01-01-2006, 01:09
Do regenerated wounds count towards combat res.? Should they count for the pendant?

Atrahasis
01-01-2006, 11:41
Do regenerated wounds count towards combat res.? Should they count for the pendant?

Regenerated wounds do not count for CR, but they do count for the pendant.

The pendant grants +1 attack as soon as a wound is suffered. A wound can only be regenerated if it has been suffered.

mageith
01-01-2006, 17:34
do regenerated wounds grant the wearer the +1A?

No.

Regenerated wounds do not count for CR, but they do count for the pendant.

The pendant grants +1 attack as soon as a wound is suffered. A wound can only be regenerated if it has been suffered.

You have to suffer a wound to save it too, but the rule says nothing about suffering, anyway....

PENDANT OF SLAANESH: "For each Wood the charater loses (after saving throws, etc, he gains a extra Attack for the rest of the battle."

If a character regenerates a wound, he hasn't lost it.

Mage Ith

T10
01-01-2006, 21:49
The character keeps the bonus attacks even if the wounds are regenerated.

Regeneartion is not a saving throw, as opposed to the Armour save and Ward save. The wound is restored after first having been lost.

One cannot assume the bonus Attack only applies as long as the Wound stays lost - there is nothing hinting at this. The item's description does not take into account the effect of restored wounds, through Regeneration or other healing effects.

-T10

Atrahasis
01-01-2006, 22:55
The item's description does not take into account the effect of restored wounds, through Regeneration or other healing effects.

Precisely.

If we must wait to see if Regen brings the wounds back, why should we not wait until the end of the game to see if any other effects restore wounds?

athamas
01-01-2006, 23:13
as wounds recovered by regeneration do still count for combat resolution, and its possible to actually die, and not get attacks back, then regenerate and still be alive...

so i would say you get to keep your attacks

Atrahasis
01-01-2006, 23:14
as wounds recovered by regeneration do still count for combat resolution,

They don't.

mageith
02-01-2006, 00:57
The item's description does not take into account the effect of restored wounds, through Regeneration or other healing effects.

The item's description is simple enough and the term used to describe the wounds that give bonus is "lost" and what prevents these loses is saves and "etc." so the meaning is clear enough. So, yes, the item does take into account restored wounds or wounds that are no longer lost, even later healings. Its really simple to keep track of. Your way would allow the character to have unlimited additional Attacks, even if he regenerated or later healed all of his wounds. Sounds like an Easter Egg to me.

I hate the word "etc." in rules, but GW uses it frequently and it pretty much covers everything thats going to fix up the wounds.

So as long as the wounds remain lost, the item's power is triggered. Once those wounds are no longer lost, the item's power disappears.

Mage Ith

Izram
02-01-2006, 01:13
So if the item were in the hands of an undead character and he regained through spells his original wounds, he would lose all bonus attacks?

mageith
02-01-2006, 01:44
So if the item were in the hands of an undead character and he regained through spells his original wounds, he would lose all bonus attacks?
They're no longer lost.

Drasanil
02-01-2006, 02:00
They're no longer lost.

The way I see it the original wound was still lost and it was subsequently replaced with a new one. Thats how we play it any ways, which means there is no such sillyness about restoring wounds through regen or blade of blood taking away your attack bonuses.

And no I don't even like or play chaos, but this is just one of those cases of common sense, I'd be willing to bet that is how most people see the Pendant's rules as well.

mageith
02-01-2006, 02:10
The way I see it the original wound was still lost and it was subsequently replaced with a new one. Thats how we play it any ways, which means there is no such sillyness about restoring wounds through regen or blade of blood taking away your attack bonuses.

And no I don't even like or play chaos, but this is just one of those cases of common sense, I'd be willing to bet that is how most people see the Pendant's rules as well.
Apparently so. Even though the term "original wounds" isn't in the rules for the pendant.

Played your way (and apparently the majority's way) the 20 point item sounds like a very good deal.

Mage Ith

mageith
02-01-2006, 02:30
:( I guess I should have researched more.

PENDANT OF SLAANESH: Q: If a Slaanesh Lord has the Pendant of Slaanesh (any wounds taken give bonus attack to the Chaos Lord for the rest of the game) and the Crown of Everlasting Conquest (Regenerate), and the lord takes a wound that is then regenerated, does he gain an extra attack?

A: Yes.

QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS June 2003

Drasanil
02-01-2006, 03:11
It is indeed a very good combo, but keep in mind it is only available to mortal lords of slaanesh so its not all that common.

metro_gnome
02-01-2006, 15:20
yes it is... too bad i can't slip the blade of blood in there too...
aw well armor of damnation it will have to be... :cool:

Drasanil
02-01-2006, 15:54
yes it is... too bad i can't slip the blade of blood in there too...
aw well armor of damnation it will have to be... :cool:

Why not use Blade of Blood, Gaze of the Gods, pendant and enchanted shield? It is a far more reliable combo, plus you can usualy build up a nice extra 3 wounds as a coushin to feed your pendant.

Neknoh
03-01-2006, 10:36
Though the fact that you only strike at strength 5 makes it less desirable, the Pendant and the Crown together with a simple Hallberd or Greatweapon makes for the ultimate Ogre muncher

Drasanil
03-01-2006, 19:14
True although Pendant and Slaughterer's Blade would achieve the same effect and leave you with an extra 40pts to spend on armour or wards, since you're going for ogre muncher.

Xcercs
04-01-2006, 12:50
i have to agree in sayign that if you loose a wound then regenerate it you get the bonus attack ... when it comes to things like this i tend to look at it from a roleplay view to help ...

your battling away and u get stabbed u get angry and so fight herder (so say extra attack) as battle continues the wound heals slightly (regenerate) but you will still be angry so you keep the wound ... since you suffered it

Neknoh
04-01-2006, 14:29
Drasanil, the thing is though, you can never get a higher strength than 5 that way, if you have a Hallberd or a GW, you get strength 6/7, meaning you wound any ogre on a 2+ or 3+, instead of 3+/4+ or even 5+ when it comes to big things.

Drasanil
04-01-2006, 21:09
The Slaughterer's Blade *is* a great weapon and it gives you +2S strike last, in addition when ever you cause a wound you regain a previously lost one on a roll of 4+. Check the beast of chaos book if you don't believe me, and yes it can be used by any one on foot and not just beastmen.