PDA

View Full Version : Untimention's New WOC Army List (Not all mounted)

untimention
23-06-2009, 14:32
Played two games with my all mounted list and i feel that i need to get some game practice before i play all mounted again.

I have a match sorted next week against either Beasts of Chaos or Wood Elves.

The chap im playing knows my all mounted list so i've gone very opposite taking into account who i will be facing.

New list is as follows:

Wulfrik the wonderer

Chaos lord, shield, Chaos rune axe, MOK

Sorcerer (level 1) 2 dispell scrolls, MOT and bloodcurdling roar

17 warriors - shield, MOK, full command and blasted standard (this unit will inc the lord)

12 warriors - Shield, halberd (CAN I DO THIS) the models do only have the halberd in 1 hand... MOK and full command

12 warriors - MON, additional hand weapon and full command

15 marauders (to go with wulfrik) - shield, light armour and full command.

6 knights, Full command, banner of rage.

1968pts......

So i have some points left to play with..... not sure about taking knights this battle but i feel they would really help and add some massive punch.

Feedback has always been great in the past so i look forward to what people have to say.

Eulogy2
23-06-2009, 17:29
you can equip halbred and shields if the list allows it, but you cannot use both in CC. either its halbreds for +1 str, or shield and hand weapon.

IkuTurso
23-06-2009, 18:00
Knights are always good :) You should give them a mark too.
I think you have too much warriors. Your list seems to be quite slow, that can be a real disadvantage against wood elves. Also 17 warrs in 1 unit is a bit much.

untimention
23-06-2009, 18:04
They have a banner so its like MOK however they dont loose frenzy which is good so they will never panic either.

I'm feeling the go slow troops esp as i have been using fast cav... particularly when there warriors of Chaos.

17 in a unit does seem a bit much but the unit is going to have my lord in hence the magic banner so they also get a 5+ ward save against missles... 6 could die by the time they get into combat. If i had a unit of 12 and 4 - 6 died by the time they got into combat i am at a big disadvantage.

On playing the game if i find the unit doesnt work with the big size i will change it however playing the all mounted i've been used to small numbers and it hasnt worked well hence the major shift.

IkuTurso
23-06-2009, 20:06
They have a banner so its like MOK however they dont loose frenzy which is good so they will never panic either.

I'm feeling the go slow troops esp as i have been using fast cav... particularly when there warriors of Chaos.

17 in a unit does seem a bit much but the unit is going to have my lord in hence the magic banner so they also get a 5+ ward save against missles... 6 could die by the time they get into combat. If i had a unit of 12 and 4 - 6 died by the time they got into combat i am at a big disadvantage.

On playing the game if i find the unit doesnt work with the big size i will change it however playing the all mounted i've been used to small numbers and it hasnt worked well hence the major shift.

The thing is, if the Wood elf player knows what his doing, your lords unit will maybe never see combat.

Also, frenzy can be bad against wood elves, he can lead you in a forest if you dont screen well, then your knights will sit there for 2 turns.

One more thing, magic is very very good against wood elves, a single Rot,glorious Rot can wipe out half his army. hence I would suggest going really magic heavy against woodies. But for a friendly game you list looks good enough. But against wood elves I think it will do bad.

untimention
23-06-2009, 20:18
Well i think i will be against beasts... he asked what army i wanted him to use and i said beasts because i've never seen them in action.... but he said if he cant find them he will use wood elves.

I've changed the list slightly.

Wulfrik the wonderer (185)

Chaos lord, shield, Chaos rune axe, MOK (285)

Sorcerer (level 1) 2 dispell scrolls, MOT and bloodcurdling roar (170)

17 warriors - shield, MOK, full command and blasted standard (this unit will inc the lord) (372)

12 warriors - Shield, halberd, MOK and full command (264)

12 warriors - MON, additional hand weapon and full command (252)

20 marauders (to go with wulfrik) - shield, light armour and full command.

6 warhounds (36)

6 knights, standard, banner of rage. (295)

1999pts......

IkuTurso
23-06-2009, 20:53
If he cant find them...? :D
Yeah ok, so if your going against BoC, which is a fairly weak list in compare to others, your list isnt half bad. You have a scroll caddy that can shut his magic maybe completely,your warriors will withstand most if not all his melees, your marauders have 1 more rank bonus then a beast herd at least, and theres wulfrik to take out his nasty character :) should he take a mino lord with khorne axes.

honestly tho, I think the lord is just overkill. why not take exalted instead? Basically the same with 2 wounds and lots cheaper. You can make him khorne with flail and jugger to keep him cheap and hard hitting, about 200 points. slap that on a knight regiment and they are deadly.
I never used a chaos shrine, I dont even use foot soldiers but I would love to! :D
maybe make lord champion, drop 1 knight, make them khorne instead of banner... drop some warriors from 17 unit, drop a warhound, take a warshirne. Give the knights or some warrior unit warbanner if you have spare. And you should still have spare.

Unlike wood elves, against BoC chaos rawriors are really good becouse beasts must engage in combat to do anything,and chaos warriors are really really good in close combat :)When you have hw+shield and halberds, you can choose between s5 attacks and 2+save when you get the first attack or the last attack. Wood elves can just play points denial and run away from your slow warriors for the whole game, or until they can rear+flank/front charge them.