PDA

View Full Version : Vampire Counts: Staff of Damnation?

zeekill
24-06-2009, 04:34
When using the Staff of Damnation, I have some questions, or rather scenarios that create a question:

1) My Black Knights (with lances) charge. Then in that same turn I use the staff. Do the Black Knights get their +2 Str bonus for lances?

2) In the same scenario, if I get the bonus for lances or not, will they then lose their lance bonus that they would usually get in the close combat phase? Or will they still get the bonus?

3) If, during my turn, I kill a unit and overrun into an enemy unit, and (after the round of combat in my opponent's phase) I use it in my magic phase, will I get the lance bonus?

THANKS!

Amlesh
24-06-2009, 16:31
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. No.

Edit--Number 2 was supposed to say no. I read the question wrong.

Spirit
24-06-2009, 23:06
1. As far as i'm aware, yes. However i suspect this one will be argued about.

2. No, it seems silly for you to lose your lance bonus before the combat phase. This is because you are not fighting a "round of combat", you are simply attacking magically and it is only after the first "round of combat" that you lose the lance bonus.

3. No, no lance bonus once you have fought a round of combat, even if you have not fought a second round, it is still "after the first"

artyboy
25-06-2009, 02:18
1. As far as i'm aware, yes. However i suspect this one will be argued about.

2. No, it seems silly for you to lose your lance bonus before the combat phase. This is because you are not fighting a "round of combat", you are simply attacking magically and it is only after the first "round of combat" that you lose the lance bonus.

3. No, no lance bonus once you have fought a round of combat, even if you have not fought a second round, it is still "after the first"

I agree with this

zeekill
11-07-2009, 16:22
Ok thats what I thought. Thanks