PDA

View Full Version : 2 Questions

Tuch
24-06-2009, 04:27
Question 1

From GW v7 FAQ:
Q: A unit is charged in the flank and the only model in
base contact with the enemy is a champion model. Is it
possible to kill more models than the champion?
A: No.

This has me confused. Wouldn't this mean that if I charged a unit of cavalry on the flank, and the champion (or any model for that matter) was on the end in base contact, and I dealt 3 wounds, that the others are wasted? I thought that if a unit flank charged had a model killed that the gaps were filled (or the attackers moved forward to remain in base contact) just as if they were attacked from the front. It seems to say so in the Rulebook on page 46 second column paragraph 3.

Question 2:
Can units with multiple shot weapons make more than 1 shot during a stand and shoot charge reaction? For some reason I thought they couldn't but I can't seem to find a rule saying they can't.

stripsteak
24-06-2009, 04:46
it only happens if you are just touching a champion, or character. you can only attack models in base contact with your guys, so you would have to declare your attacks against the champion or character. and attacks directed at either of those do not spill over to regular rank and file models.

Q2: yes they can this was clarified by the most recent errata

Tuch
24-06-2009, 05:04
I can understand characters not spilling over but champions still are RnF, but it does seem less confusing the way you state it.

As for Stand and Shoot, it came up in a game to day and I had the rule book but not errata with me so go figure.

Thanx

Necromancy Black
24-06-2009, 05:20
Basically with champions it comes down to:

Attacks at the champion do not spill over to over rank and file troops.
Attacks at the rank and file troops spill over to champions.

narrativium
24-06-2009, 10:04
It's been tempting me to add a champion to my Ogre units, just to sit on the flank of the unit so the rest of it doesn't get killed. (I get charged in the flank way too often.)

Arnizipal
24-06-2009, 10:18
Attacks at the rank and file troops spill over to champions.Unless the enemy does enough wounds to kill off the entire unit, champion and all.
In that case the champion can die without being specifically targetted.

nosferatu1001
24-06-2009, 10:30
Arnizipal - that's what Necro said, that attacks at RnF spill over onto champions.

Arnizipal
24-06-2009, 10:38
*facepalm*

Ugh, I even quoted it and everything.
My lack of sleeps seems to affect my ability to read. Nevermind me then... :o

nosferatu1001
24-06-2009, 11:46
No worries, I've done some fantastic mistakes on here before now :D

Tykinkuula
26-06-2009, 03:54
I can understand characters not spilling over but champions still are RnF

Actually, according to recent FAQs champions aren't RnF for a LOT of things, which still gets many players by surprise...

Harwammer
27-06-2009, 11:45
At risk of being flamed for being an idiot again, I think the part character/part RNF nature of champions is too complicated. I say back to the good ol' days when champions were characters and dices always rolled good. On a similar note the monstrous character mess needs sorting out properly next edition.