PDA

View Full Version : 2250 DE Tournament List

sonofguilliman
24-06-2009, 07:26
So, I play in a highly competitive area and decided to go balls out. This is what I am planning on running for my dark elves.

Dreadlord 564 pts
-Black Dragon, Deathpiercer, Sea dragon cloak, Armour of eternal servitude, Pendant of Kaeleth

Master 334 pts
-Manticore, Halberd, Armour of darkness, Ring of Hotek

5 Harpies 55 pts

5 harpies 55 pts

10 Repeater Xbows 115 pts
-Shield, Musician

10 Repeater Xbows 110 pts
-Shield

5 Dark Riders 117 pts
-Xbows, Musician

5 Dark Riders 117 pts
-Xbows, Musician

18 Black Guard 304 pts
-Full Command, Banner of Hag Graef

War Hydra 175 pts

War Hydra 175 pts

Assassin 126 pts
-Xtra Hand Weapon, Touch of Death

Total: 2247 pts

GuyLeCheval
24-06-2009, 07:31
Ah, a very competive enviroment, I'll direct you to the shade deathstar.

no seriously, your lord is a bit too expensive, try to get some magic items of him and maybe take a sorceress...

sonofguilliman
24-06-2009, 07:40
Can't take a sorceress. Dragon and Manticore both take up hero slots.

SevenSins
24-06-2009, 08:16
A little light on anti magic (yes I saw the ring), but speedy enough to snipe wizards (hopefully).
Shooty and hitty, a powerfull list if none to friendly ;)

I'm not to sure the blackguard are necessary, could be changed to something more mobile perhaps? 3 chariots?

sonofguilliman
24-06-2009, 08:33
Three chariots are cool. However, I think the Black Guard are more of the brute force and center of the army than anything else. Not much can stop ASF, stubborn elves. I think it would be better to move my fast things in coordination with this unit instead of doubling charges with chariots.

Anaris
24-06-2009, 16:04
Not sure what you want us to say. It's a copy and paste tournament army for DE's.

chippyman64
24-06-2009, 17:00
"cough" 3 chariots in one unit = hard hitting = ownage, unless u serously annoy dice gods:

3 chariots all the way, but in one unit

The SkaerKrow
24-06-2009, 17:51
Seeing that you have a Dragon, a Manticore and two Hydras you really don't need anymore hitting power in the list. Converting those Black Guard to a large unit of Shades for the purposes of points denial could potentially help you cheese-out this already gouda list. The Chariots may be a viable option if you expect to come up against many VCs, as a combined charge of them along with one of your monsters in a flank should vaporize most undead units (saving you from getting bogged down, something that no Dark Elf wants to do).

Also, why the Assassin?

Eulogy2
24-06-2009, 18:08
Three chariots are cool. However, I think the Black Guard are more of the brute force and center of the army than anything else. Not much can stop ASF, stubborn elves. I think it would be better to move my fast things in coordination with this unit instead of doubling charges with chariots.

might i introduce you to my blowpipe weilding skinks.

last tourney the 1 DE player had this unit, and 1 round of shooting from 2 units of 10 skink and a low lvl magic missle left 3 black guard standing.

while nasty in combat, they are still elves in grass skirts to shooting.

point is i would second the chariot notion.

Anaris
24-06-2009, 22:14
Yeah, there are a few universal rules in life and one of them has to be, no matter how many points a Elf on foot (H/D/W) is, it might as well be a Goblin when you're shooting at it.

Brother J
25-06-2009, 00:04
Even then, 5 Chaos Knights vs 15 ASF Black Guard will simply bog the BG unit down for a few turns and quite possibly still beat them to death. (Chaos horses are strong for some reason.)

Black Guard are great at what they do, but when they're not able to hack through their opponent, there's no use taking them.

Against VC's you could have success with them, if you're not run over by a unit of Blood Knights.

chippyman64
25-06-2009, 19:46
meh its another de torny list: not bad but nothing different