PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Equipment

Ax'ataxa
24-06-2009, 06:55
Can you take a dispel scroll, and another arcane item.

ex: slann w/ 2 DS can he the plaque of tepok?

Isabel
24-06-2009, 07:03
Yes.

I dont have a page number, I'm at work. But yes, it's in the rules somewhere.

Ax'ataxa
24-06-2009, 07:30
thank you :)

Spirit
24-06-2009, 08:29
Just to confirm, yes you can. Read the rules for dispell scrolls, im sure thats where it mentions that they do not take up an arcane slot (neither do power stones)

chivalrous
26-06-2009, 15:48
Just to confirm, yes you can. Read the rules for dispell scrolls, im sure thats where it mentions that they do not take up an arcane slot (neither do power stones)

It doesn't say that at all. that would imply you could take multiple scrolls, multiple stones and still take another arcane item.

The rules for scrolls (note: That's any scrolls, not just dispel scrolls) on page 121 in the rule book state "Wizards can have one arcane item as well as carry several scrolls (of the same or different type"

Power stones work in a similar way, page 122 "It is possible for... a wizard to carry more than one, in addition to one other arcane item"

On the subject of carrying scrolls and stones, it seems to be the general consensus that a character can carry multiple scrolls and a single Power Stone OR multiple Power Stones and a single Scroll but a character may NOT carry multiple Power Stones with Multiple Scrolls.

Spirit
26-06-2009, 22:32
It doesn't say that at all. that would imply you could take multiple scrolls, multiple stones and still take another arcane item.

The rules for scrolls (note: That's any scrolls, not just dispel scrolls) on page 121 in the rule book state "Wizards can have one arcane item as well as carry several scrolls (of the same or different type"

Power stones work in a similar way, page 122 "It is possible for... a wizard to carry more than one, in addition to one other arcane item"

On the subject of carrying scrolls and stones, it seems to be the general consensus that a character can carry multiple scrolls and a single Power Stone OR multiple Power Stones and a single Scroll but a character may NOT carry multiple Power Stones with Multiple Scrolls.

I didnt say it was a direct quote, which is probably why it doesnt say exactly that .What i said was that you can take a dispell scroll while still taking an arcane item. Which is what the OP requested. I also mentioned that power stones had the same rule.

PeG
27-06-2009, 22:32
which is correct. We normally play this rule as if scrolls and powers stones doesnt take up any slot for your arcane items although as has beenpointed out this is not entire in line with the wording of the rules.

Condottiere
27-06-2009, 22:50
The formula usually goes:

X dispel scrolls, or X power stones, plus one arcane item

Ax'ataxa
28-06-2009, 05:59
The formula usually goes:

X dispel scrolls, or X power stones, plus one arcane item

i like this equation best XD simple yet it gets the point across