PDA

View Full Version : Helping a Friend with VC 2250

Tuch
24-06-2009, 15:46
I know they are a good army but since I don't play them I'm not an expert on creating the list. He loves ghouls so this is what we came up with in Army Builder.

Vamp Lord (475)
Nightmare
Bloody Hauberk
Book of Arkhan
Cursed Book
Forbidden Lore
Summon Ghouls
Master of Black Arts

Vampire (195)
BSB Icon of Vengeance
Summon Ghouls
Dark Acolyte

Vampire (145)
Summon Ghouls
Dark Acolyte

Vampire (185)
Staff of Damnation
Summon Ghouls
Dark Acolyte

Crypt Ghouls x14 (120)

Crypt Ghouls x14 (120)

Crypt Ghouls x14 (120)

Crypt Ghouls x14 (120)

Blood Knights x6 (385)
SB, Mus
Banner of Dead Legion

Blood Knights x6 (385)
SB, Mus
War Banner

PD 13 DD 7

Total 2250

Tactic is fairly obvious, summon more ghouls on the march while blasting away with magic and the knights come up on the flanks.

We liked the idea of trying to fit the power that lets ghouls get the pre-game march but can't seem to fit it in even if we had the points.

His main adversaries are Daemons and Orcs.

theunwantedbeing
24-06-2009, 16:17
4 character's
4 small core units
2 expensive rare choices

Terrible army.
A lot of armies could probably gun most of your core stuff off the board in a single turn and very easily bait those frenzied blood knights into being flank charged by something full ranked that'de easily crumble the lot of them in a single go.

Looks like your putting the general in the blood knights, thats a mistake on two counts.
One being they dont need additional hitting power, and two being that it makes him easy to deal with as the unit is frenzied and he's stuck going where they go (usually into being flanked by something with a lot of combat res that kills the lord as well) .

Dock the blood knights command, 6 blood knights will flatten anything they hit just fine.
Remove one(or even 2) of the vampires....they really arent needed at all.
Increase the number of troops you have, 14 models are easily gunned off the board on turn 1 (along with any character who is with them), you really need units of 25.
4 unit's of 25 will be easy to get if you dock the points sugguested above.

You could also do with other sorts of troops, like fell bats or bat swarms as annoyance unit's to stop your blood knights being baited.

Tuch
24-06-2009, 17:03
The lord is in one of the ghoul units, he's just on the horse for mobility from unit to unit if need be and a little extra armor.

I forgot about Blood Knights being frenzied, like I said I don't play VC. I'll get him some wolves for screening, and drop command and 1 unit of them.

With left over points I'll see what he likes. Most specials seem blah to me and him which is why he had the 2 units of Knights. Are Varghulf useful?

Oh, and 14 isn't enough when he will be adding to each units numbers every turn?

Thanx for the suggestions :)

Makina
24-06-2009, 17:15
4 character's
4 small core units
2 expensive rare choices

Terrible army.
A lot of armies could probably gun most of your core stuff off the board in a single turn and very easily bait those frenzied blood knights into being flank charged by something full ranked that'de easily crumble the lot of them in a single go.

Looks like your putting the general in the blood knights, thats a mistake on two counts.
One being they dont need additional hitting power, and two being that it makes him easy to deal with as the unit is frenzied and he's stuck going where they go (usually into being flanked by something with a lot of combat res that kills the lord as well) .

Dock the blood knights command, 6 blood knights will flatten anything they hit just fine.
Remove one(or even 2) of the vampires....they really arent needed at all.
Increase the number of troops you have, 14 models are easily gunned off the board on turn 1 (along with any character who is with them), you really need units of 25.
4 unit's of 25 will be easy to get if you dock the points sugguested above.

You could also do with other sorts of troops, like fell bats or bat swarms as annoyance unit's to stop your blood knights being baited.

WTF?

Dropping 2 vampires? Need units of 25 ghouls?
Your list looks good but 2 units of 6 blood knights is excessive. (besides, do you know what those things cost?! :p)
A unit of 5 with a standard will do the job.
With the points saved you could get a unit of black knights and a varghulf and get champions for all your ghouls units.
14 ghouls as a starting size is just fine.

Tuch
24-06-2009, 17:34
Well we dropped a unit of Blood Knights and the command.

Raised the units of Ghouls to 20 (already had the Crypt Ghast in each unit just forgot to list it, doh).

Got a unit of wolves and have 208 points left over. I'll see what he likes better for the rest, Knights or Varghulf.