PDA

View Full Version : Chariot impact hits...

sir_shvantselot
24-06-2009, 17:03
My question relates to this orc chariot, see. It fled from a combat and rolled like 18 inches, which happily took it equi-distant through a night gobbo unit and orc unit to the rear. Does the fleeing orc chariot cause:

1) D6+1 hits to each unit;
2) D6+1 hits to one unit;
3) Some other calculation to halve the impact hits between each unit.

It seems to me nonsensical that half a chariot going through each unit would cause to each unit the havoc that the whole chariot, with scythes on both wheels would cause to one of them if it only went through one.

But I would say that, wouldn't I...

nosferatu1001
24-06-2009, 17:09
Normal impact hits to each unit, sorry....!

Braad
24-06-2009, 17:37
I can only confirm that. Page 64 details that a chariot fleeing through a friendly or enemy unit causes impact hits, as it moves through. It does not say that it causes these hits to only the first unit, nor does it give a rule that says to divide them. So just use normal rules, D6+1 in this case for each unit contacted.

Amlesh
24-06-2009, 18:04
Hmm... learn something new every day. I don't usually play with Chariots, so I would have said no impact hits at all are caused. Interesting.

WLBjork
25-06-2009, 08:08
Check the Rulebook faq part 2, first question on chariots.

In the event of a chariot charging more than one enemy unit, the hits are distributed as evenly as possible amongst the units charged, with the owner of the chariot getting to aplly any odd hits.

I see no reason that this ruling would not also apply to a chariot fleeing through multiple friendly units.

Necromancy Black
25-06-2009, 08:34
I can only confirm that. Page 64 details that a chariot fleeing through a friendly or enemy unit causes impact hits, as it moves through. It does not say that it causes these hits to only the first unit, nor does it give a rule that says to divide them. So just use normal rules, D6+1 in this case for each unit contacted.

+1 to this.

Isabel
25-06-2009, 09:03
Yea, I remember reading something in the FAQ about it being distributed between the two as evenly as possible. I just didnt want to sift through that massive FAQ ;) Good call WLBjork

Necromancy Black
25-06-2009, 09:16
I see no reason that this ruling would not also apply to a chariot fleeing through multiple friendly units.

Um...I see no reason as to why this would apply unless the chariot hits two friendly units at the exact same time.

Isabel
25-06-2009, 11:50
I was under the impression that the OP meant exactly that... a chariot hitting two units at the same time, half the chariot into one and half the chariot into the other. Or am I misreading this quote.

It seems to me nonsensical that half a chariot going through each unit would cause to each unit the havoc that the whole chariot, with scythes on both wheels would cause to one

Necromancy Black
25-06-2009, 12:10
Ah, my bad, I miss the "equi-dist" part and thought he hit two units separately.

So yes, in this situation I would agree with WLBjork then.

Milgram
25-06-2009, 12:33
i see a reason why it is different: the chariot does not charge the o&g units. he flees through them. if he hits only one model at a corner of the unit, he will still deal d6+1 impact hits, even though only one half of the chariot passes through them.

this is a situation where i would instantly start to argue that one of the two units is a half a barleycorn behind the other and therefore both get hit... (because mainly the chariot will flee through both units as he was baldy positionned.)

what I could see, is fleeing through enemy units. if the chariot hits two enemy units at the same time, I would distribute it, as he normally would only hit one unit and is destoryed afterwards (given both units are US5+).

wasn't there an faq regarding a charging chariot that is charged into the front? (overrun into new enemy, countercharge)? what was the solution there? countercharger gets 1/2 of the impact hits or both enemies receive full impact hits?

Braad
27-06-2009, 12:39
Impact hits are only dealt to units that are in the front of a charging chariot. Counterchargers are usually in the side. However, if they charge in on the same turn as the chariot made its charge, and end up in the front but of the chariot, then impacts are equally distributed between the charged units, as written in the faq.

When passing through one after another unit, deal the full bunch on both, as the FAQ only deals with a chariot charging into two units simultaneously, which is not the case here.