PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Bretonnian Friendly

matticusmaximus
24-06-2009, 22:43
(I also just posted this on the Round Table of Bretonnia so if you get a sense of deja vu it might be that...)

Hey everyone. I just got back into playing with Bretonnians here and there, after neglecting them for a long time for my Skaven horde.

However, the time has come to dust off the spurs and impale some orcs on lances, so here we go with my 2k list. My main opponents will be Dwarves, O&G, and Lizardmen

-Lord w/ Grail Vow, Sword of the Lady's Champion, Virtue of Confidence, Gauntlet of the Duel, Armor of Agiulf, warhorse: 259

-Paladin BSB w/ Virtue of Discipline, War Banner, warhorse: 114

-Damsel w/ dispel scroll, unbarded horse: 105

-Damsel w/ dispel scroll, unbarded horse: 105

-8 Knights of the Realm w/ full command: 216

-8 Knights of the Realm w/ full command: 216

-9 Knights Errant w/ full command: 201

-4 Grail Knights w/ full command, Banner of Defense: 212

-25 Men-at-arms w/ banner: 135

-25 Men-at-arms w/ banner: 135

-16 Bowmen w/ skirmish upgrade: 112

-Grail Reliquae w/ 8 extra pilgrims (total unit strength 20): 190

Points: 2000 (you have no idea how happy I was when I ended up with that exact value )
Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 4 w/ 2 scrolls

Basic tactics: Lord and one damsel ride with Grail Knights, filling out that lance. These guys go after the hardest non-stubborn or unbreakable unit on the board, with the Lord challenging every opportunity he gets to either take down big characters or rack up CR against unit champs. BSB rides with one of the KotR lances, 2nd damsel rides with the other KotR lance. KE do their thing, charging at big, fear causing stuff. I'm not quite sure what to do with my men-at-arms, I guess each unique game will determine whether I should stick them on the flanks or have them going up the middle. Bowmen run around and serve as a nuisance, and occasionally perform useful tasks like killing skinks or clearing out fanatics, etc. Grail Reliquae makes a beeline for the biggest, baddest unit on the other side of the board and ties it down until the Grail Knights can deliver a flank charge (ideally).

I feel like the list should be strong, but not overpowered. As soon as I learn how to coordinate my peasants and my knights, I should be home free!