PDA

View Full Version : DE v WE help!!

roflcopter 9000
25-06-2009, 06:42
tonight i lost against my friends wood elves again.. My strategy was to tie up his ranged with harpies and use chillwind as backup while my corsairs with frenzy got into close combat. Unfortunately, my sorceress was killed on the first turn and my whole army was reared do to a forest in my deployment zone. :cries:

I thought i had his army pinned with those harpies and that sorceress but he managed to beat me again. what do i do !?!?! :(

Dark Apostle197
25-06-2009, 06:52
Should post your list and an aproximate of his, it helps a lot.

SkawtheFalconer
25-06-2009, 08:05
Hydras are your friend.

Also, don't use Chillwind as a backup - if he uses lots of Glade Guard, that spell will be extremely helpful.

Frezied Corsairs can also probably be lead astray quite easily by tricksy Wood Elves. :)

PeG
25-06-2009, 09:04
and as you noticed put your characters either in units or out of sight. I also play WE and any lone characters that looks important or other low AS, low T things usually die in turn 1 if they are within LOS. Last game against TK I went first and killed his casket in my first round of shooting (HoD+10 glade guard).

roflcopter 9000
25-06-2009, 22:35
ok thanks but what do i do if he puts woods in my deployment zone and teleports there?

highelfmage
25-06-2009, 23:26
ok thanks but what do i do if he puts woods in my deployment zone and teleports there?

roll for set up of terrain. get a forest with your pick and place outside you way. you can also place a unit in there so he cant teleport

Amlesh
26-06-2009, 01:22
Frezied Corsairs can also probably be lead astray quite easily by tricksy Wood Elves. :)

Tricksy Elveses, tricksy Orcses, they hates us, they hates us my precious...

In all seriousness, I would opt for a Hydra and stay away from anything Frenzied. Wood Elves can bait and draw you around all day long.

PeG
26-06-2009, 06:13
Hydras and magic usually kills WE. They dont have any good magic defence items meaning that if they want magic defence they need scroll caddies and DD from casters. Since they limited access to good spells WE usually wants to go magic light which means that your magic should be getting through at least after the first couple of turns. Since WE usually have small units with low T you are going to do a lit of damage.

Scallat
26-06-2009, 09:59
Agreed magic heavy lists destroy wood elves.

D-Archangel
29-06-2009, 18:16
2 sorceressess, 2 RBT's, 20 BG with ASF banner, Hydra.

these are the things I most struggle against as a WE, so I suggest you use them all.

Dag
01-07-2009, 07:38
in all honestly blackguard with asf are a waste vs a good WE player.
bg cant hurt treemen / treekin realistically, and any good WE player wont have to engage them with anything else.

Lordmonkey
01-07-2009, 11:56
Bolt throwers are good at thinning out glade guard while the infantry advance. Corsairs are ideal for absorbing bowfire, and harpies can be used as a screen for Blackguard/Executioners. If you need to keep a unit alive (suich as Black Guard) bring a cauldron for the 5+ ward.

Also, sorceresses with chillwind are fantastic :)

Griffery
02-07-2009, 06:03
I feel your pain with the sorceress. My friend did the same thing to me the other day with my sorceress against WE. My suggestion would be Black Guard, or hydras. I also tried to out shoot him by putting 2 blocks on to hills with 4 reapers. It is a little cheesy, but you can easily change it. Also you should try dark riders. The fast cav helped me out alot.