PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Marks vs. Armies

zeekill
25-06-2009, 13:55
I have somewhat sorted out what marks are best to go up against which armies. I've never played against Bretonnia so IDK about them. And idk what will work best with beasts.

Bretonnia - ?
Warriors of Chaos - Khorne?
Dwarfs - Nurgle (-1 to hit with shooting)
Empire - Nurgle (They need 5's to hit in CC and -1 to hit with shooting)
Dark Elves - Nurgle (-1 to hit with shooting)
Lizardmen (skinks) - Khorne (easy kills with 4 attacks ea.)(side note, screen with marauder horsemen)
Lizardmen (saurus) - Nurgle (they need 5's to hit)
Tomb Kings - Slannesh (ignore psychology)
Orcs and Goblins - Nurgle (they need 5's to hit)
Skaven - Nurgle (They need 5's to hit in CC and -1 to hit with shooting)
High Elves - Nurgle (-1 to hit with shooting)
Wood Elves - Nurgle (-1 to hit with shooting)
Vampire Counts - Slannesh (ignore psychology)
Beasts of Chaos - ?

Can anyone make sure this is a good way of doing this? Any changes or strategies?

Leth Shyish'phak
25-06-2009, 14:02
Warriors of Chaos - Nurgle (i need 3's to hit)

Since the erratta, they only get the -1 WS when they attack nurgle models, so the nurgle models still roll to hit against their normal WS.

I can't really think of any mark thats spectacularly good against WoC, but Nurgle is definitely spectacularly bad against them ;)

willowdark
25-06-2009, 14:13
You've chosen Khorne with a Horsemen screen for the two armies that are best equipped to handle those things.

Both HE and DE have enough shooting and magic to clear up those screens and enough cheap divertors to exploit the Frenzy once the screens are gone.

MoN all the way for these armies. In fact, unless you expect to see a huge psychology liability, MoN is the better all around Mark for any army. Slaanesh is good against Terror causers and massed shooting, so would apply to DEs pretty well.

But MoK in skilled hands _is_ a sight to behold.

Necromancy Black
25-06-2009, 14:14
I think Khorne is just as good if not better then Slaanesh against VC, cause it makes them immune to psychology and they should do enough attacks from it to keep winning combat.

Ideally an army that's a mix of both would be best against VC.

Witchblade
25-06-2009, 14:41
Yes, against each army there is 1 mark that you should choose for your entire army and stick with it. Disregard army composition, strategy, differences between units and your opponent's playstyle.

zeekill
25-06-2009, 14:52
Since the erratta, they only get the -1 WS when they attack nurgle models, so the nurgle models still roll to hit against their normal WS.

I can't really think of any mark thats spectacularly good against WoC, but Nurgle is definitely spectacularly bad against them ;)

Oh didn't know that

zeekill
25-06-2009, 14:57
I think Khorne is just as good if not better then Slaanesh against VC, cause it makes them immune to psychology and they should do enough attacks from it to keep winning combat.

Ideally an army that's a mix of both would be best against VC.

I've fought with VC against Khorne Warriors before and crushed them by redirecting by sacrificing a small unit of dire wolves and then hitting them in the flank with Black Knights and a Vampire with lance and Infinate Hatred. Took them out and all I lost was a 40 point unit and a single black knight which i then healed back. After that I turned around and hit their other unit of warriors in the front with them (the warriors turned around) and in the rear with a unit of 15 crypt ghouls. Pursued them and caught them. All that was left was his hellcannon which wasn't too hard to kill.

Lord Dan
25-06-2009, 16:19
Fantastic. The ultimate list tailoring cheat sheet.

zeekill
25-06-2009, 16:23
Fantastic. The ultimate list tailoring cheat sheet.

Haha Yep. Im also starting a thread about whats the best equipment to give warriors and marauders against which armies.

Lord Dan
25-06-2009, 16:25
Also I'd argue khorne isn't a great choice against skink heavy armies. With the amount of fast moving skirmishers running around, you're just begging to get baited around and shot to death.

AMWOOD co
25-06-2009, 18:34
I don't see Ogres on that list. I would suggest Slaanesh for Ogres, as avoiding fear is useful.

I would suggest for armies focusing on Slaanesh, to make an exception for Knights. Khorne would do just fine for such circumstances, as knights generally are there to tear into the enemy lines like a wrecking ball. Besides, Knights already cause fear, so Slaanesh isn't as necessary for them anymore.

Also, for Wood Elves, the army I played against had very little shooting as it usually had Dryads, Eternal Guard, a dragon or two, and a treeman. Slaanesh or Khorne for dealing with Forest Spirit armies.

Also, for shooting armies, consider having a unit of Tzeentch with the Blasted Standard. 4+ ward vs all shooting, anyone? Chosen of Tzeentch with Favour of the Gods? My last game I had a unit with a 3+ ward and stubborn.

Lizardmen... what about Kroxigors, Stegadons, and Carnosaurs? Would that make Khorne or Slaanesh worth it to you?

minionboy
26-06-2009, 00:46
For Dwarfs, Empire and some Skaven armies, Tzeentch may be more useful than Nurgle.

The -1 to hit only applies to weapons that actually have to roll to hit. Cannons, stone throwers, mortars, flame cannons, gyrocopters, rocket launchers and so on, will not be affected by MoN whatsoever, while the 6+ ward save from Tzeentch is always useful.

Against High Elves and Dark Elves, MoN still may not be your best option. DE frequently don't have more than 2 units of repeater crossbows and HE often only take 2 units of bowmen at all, although the -1 will be nice against the bolt thrower.

xsamx
26-06-2009, 10:08
I am currently in a campaign and so my list is an all-comers one. I have two warrior units with MoS, Nurgle knight regiment and a tzeentch knight regiment with the blasted standard. So far this has been pretty tough, i also put my soc Lord with MR2 into the nurgle knight regiment initially too.

I find MoS incredibly useful on the warriors because they take their sweet time getting across, and their armour is usually satisfactory to prevent many dying. When they arrive you dont want them to run off panicking or fail charges because of fear etc! Plus MoS you forget is a mere 10 points, so i save 40 points by not marking them nurgle etc. Thats a whole 10 marauders / more wargear / 2 warriors etc.

Knight will take most shooting anyway, so MoN / Tzeentch keep them upright long enough for me to get them into the enemies flank and unleash the pain!