PDA

View Full Version : Hellcannon crew dead monster reaction table?

TroyJPerez
26-06-2009, 06:32
Ok techically the hellcannon is a monster and handler unit. So if all the dwarves die does it roll on the monster reaction table if it fails its leadership roll? And does the rampage rule override the monster reaction table in the event of a result like whimper?

Avian
26-06-2009, 07:01
Monster reaction tests are reserved for monsters with riders and the handleres aren't considered to be riders, thus no test seems to be necessary.

Though admittedly, the various rules for Monsters (ridden, herded and monstrous characters) are all in some dire need of better wording.

Necromancy Black
26-06-2009, 07:30
Monster reaction tests are reserved for monsters with riders and the handleres aren't considered to be riders, thus no test seems to be necessary.

Though admittedly, the various rules for Monsters (ridden, herded and monstrous characters) are all in some dire need of better wording.

They seem fine enough to me. As you said the BRB only says that ridden monstrous mounts take monster reactions. There is no rule for normal monsters and monsters and handlers.

Some monster and handler units (or units like them) say they take a monster reaction if all the handlers die but this is an exception to the rules.

The Hellcannon simply rampages.

Milneh
26-06-2009, 11:52
Not automatically. There's still a Ld check made for the rampage, it's just then taken on Ld4 which generally means a rampage.

sulla
27-06-2009, 01:33
Not automatically. There's still a Ld check made for the rampage, it's just then taken on Ld4 which generally means a rampage.Can't he use the general's or throgg's Ld? (I don't play them.)

Necromancy Black
27-06-2009, 02:13
Can't he use the general's or throgg's Ld? (I don't play them.)

I think there's a rule saying it can't but I might be wrong.

Gazak Blacktoof
27-06-2009, 07:00
They seem fine enough to me.

There are issues with the way monsters and handlers are moved- sometimes they ignore terrain sometimes they don't.

Avian
27-06-2009, 08:08
And victory points.

@ sulla: Hellcannons can use the general's Ld for rampage tests (including Throgg's if he is the army general, but not otherwise). It doesn't usually do this because the Ld of the Dwarfs is equal to or better than the Ld of most Chaos generals. ;)

sulla
28-06-2009, 05:50
And victory points.

@ sulla: Hellcannons can use the general's Ld for rampage tests (including Throgg's if he is the army general, but not otherwise). It doesn't usually do this because the Ld of the Dwarfs is equal to or better than the Ld of most Chaos generals. ;)
I thought monsters could use throgg's Ld always?

Tutore
28-06-2009, 10:17
They can indeed, although technically the hellcannon is a monster WITH handlers, so I guess he can use Throgg's leadership only if all dwarfs die.

Avian
29-06-2009, 06:16
I thought monsters could use throgg's Ld always?

Woops! I forgot about that part of his rule. Yes, Hellcannons could use his Ld even if he wasn't the general. :o

Stuffburger
02-08-2009, 13:58
We houseruled just last night that a hellcannon with a dead crew must take a test on it's own leadership, not able to use the generals, or rampage. Not the best RAW but the hellcannons rules aren't clearly explained anywhere anyways and it does make sense- if it takes 3 chaos dwarves chaining you down to keep you from charging away on a whim what's a stern glare from the general going to do?

EvC
02-08-2009, 14:32
It's Chaos, do you really need a reason?