PDA

View Full Version : 2250 Pt. VC Army--Rate my Composition

Amlesh
26-06-2009, 16:35
Hey there, I was wondering if you guys could do me a favor and rate the composition of this Vampire Counts army list. The goal was for it to be competitive but not a cookie cutter OTT list. My main goal is for both me and my opponent to have a good time.

If you could also note any changes you would make, that would also be very appreciated. Without further ado, here's the list:

Vampire Lord @ 560 (My only concern with this guy is that his save is only 5+ in close combat, with no ward).
+1 Level
Balefire Spike
Cadaverous Cuirass
Dispel Scroll
Wristbands of Black Gold
Red Fury
Infinite Hatred
Lord of the Dead
Abyssal Terror

Wight King @ 125
Sword of Kings
Gem of Blood

Vampire @ 165 (Joins Skeletons)
Sword of Might
Flayed Hauberk
Infinite Hatred

Necromancer @ 120 (Wanders around behind battle line wherever needed)
Invocation of Nehek, VHDM
Book of Arkhan
Nightmare

17 Skeletons @ 181
FC
War Banner

10 Crypt Ghouls @ 80 (Serves as a detachment for the Grave Guard unit)

10 Crypt Ghouls @ 80 (Serves as a detachment for the Skeleton unit)

5 Dire Wolves @ 40

19 Grave Guard @ 303
FC
Banner of the Barrows

3 Fell Bats @ 60

5 Black Knights @ 140
Barding

4 Blood Knights @ 220

Varghulf @ 175

Total = 2249
PD = 7
DD = 6, 1 scroll
79 models

So, the general plan is to have a center made up of Skeletons and Grave Guard with a unit of Ghouls on each flank. The extreme flank will be Blood Knights/Dire Wolves on one side and Black Knights/Varghulf on the other. The Bats pick on war machines and wizards as needed. The Lord will fly around, casting Invocation where needed, until an opportunity presents itself and he can either combo charge a unit in the front (with a unit with static combat res.) or charge a flank by himself.

Thoughts?

Amlesh
26-06-2009, 20:23
Bump, bump.

Spirit
26-06-2009, 23:28
Give your flayed hauberk vampire the battle standard, for 25 points you cant buy anything better.

There is no point in buying small units of undead core with no possability to raise them above size. Detachment or not.

Black knights work better in groups of 6. (give them the banner of the undead legion and you get US 24 on 6 models, enough to auto break just about any unit through fear)

I agree with you on the lord. I think what needs to happen is one of 2 things.

A: You drop the abyssal terror and toll yoyur lord up differently)
B: Drop a hero

This is because all of your characters are cheap but fragile. (except the flayed hauberk vamp) doing one of these things would allow you to get some good defence on your chareacters (mounting the wight gives him a 2+ save) or it would allow you to beef up your core a bit, which is sorely needed.

Lastly, you dont need the fell bats, youd be better served with 6 or 7 more ghouls.

Amlesh
28-06-2009, 02:16
Thanks for the comments, Spirit. I'll see what I can do to bump up the Ghoul units.

Bump.