PDA

View Full Version : 1999 For High Elf Torniment later in the year

wamphyri101
26-06-2009, 20:30
Played the last one with O&G and come 13/49

High Elf Noble
Dragon Armour, Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield, Halberd
Barded Elven Steed: 161pts
(fairly solid general who can snipe characters/warmachines or those pesky god damn skaven gattling guns)

Elven Mage
Ring of Fury, Silver wand, level 2 mage: 185pts
(extra chance of fury of khaine per turn and extra spell)

Elven Mage
Seerstaff of Saphery , Dispel Scroll, Level 2 mage: 185pts
(choose my spells, can be good vs non magic armies)

10 Elven Archers: 110pts

(shoot fast cav/skirmish screens and act as a human shield if needs be for the swordmaster

5 Shadow Warriors: 80pts

5 Shadow Warriors: 80pts
(both units to try and take out those pesky things like shades, dark riders, skinks, warmachines, draw fanatics, skaven jazzels/gattling guns etc)

14 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has Talisman of Loec
Banner of sorcery: 300pts (scuicide hero for taking a pop in chalanges, banner for the mages)

14 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Blade lord has talisman of Light (15)
Banner of the lion: 280pts (for taking etheral things plus anything that causes fear/terror)

14 White lions of Chrace
Full Command, Guardian has the Dragon horn
Banner of Balance: 310pts
(may swap for dragon princes as with no character in the unit lacks punch)

Elven Repeater Bolt Thrower: 100pts

(take out armour units, monsters/steggadons, warmachines)

6 + d3 PD
4 DD + 1 Scroll

Eulogy2
26-06-2009, 20:46
over all i like the list, but with no fast moving units, you could really use a great eagle or two in place of one of the bolt throwers. march blocking helps alot in letting infantry get the charge off. plus the slower they move the more rounds of shooting youll get in.

looking at it again id probably drop a few magic banners to get alteast one bird in there.

wamphyri101
27-06-2009, 09:55
Problem with taking a bird is i will have to drop a bolt thrower, which i will need to help take down knights, stegaddons etc.

What I was thinking is dropping the white lions and taking dragon princes?

danny7865
27-06-2009, 10:17
I'd drop a unit of swordmasters as opposed to the white lions.They are more resistant to shooting and stubborn . If you deploy them 7 across they still have 8 str 6 attacks which against t4 opponents can be more effective than swordmasters...

wamphyri101
27-06-2009, 12:37
Good point danny. Supose it would give me more versatility in what I can do/face. Will do a redraw later and repost the new list

Wolfblaze
27-06-2009, 17:53
I second that about the eagles, you'll find your expensive foot sloggers getting baited and flank charged if you dont hav at least an eagle, 1 bolt thrower is enough to take out knights/large targets, you get 2 turns of shooting after all, 3 if you marchblock with the eagle well.

also, might want to drop a block of swordmasters and banners for a chariot, and a couple of smaller blocks, 7 wide. This would give you alot more diversity. Obviously this will make you more vulnerable to shooting. But its not like swordmasters won't die anyway :P

wamphyri101
28-06-2009, 10:18
Ok played with the list:

High Elf Noble
Dragon Armour, Reaver Bow, Enchanted Shield
Barded Elven Steed: 157pts

Elven Mage
Ring of Fury, Silver wand, level 2 mage: 185pts

Elven Mage
Seer staff of Saphery, Dispel Scroll, Level 2 mage: 185pts

Characters (3): 527 Points

Core (2): 220points

6 Shadow Warriors: 96pts

6 Shadow Warriors: 96pts

7 Dragon Princes of Calador
Full command, Blade lord has talisman of Light, Banner of the lion: 300pts

14 Swordmasters of Hoeth
Full command, Banner of sorcery, Talisman of Loec: 300pts

14 White lions of Chrace
Full Command, Guardian has the Dragon horn, Banner of Balance: 310pts

Special (5): 1102points

Great Eagle: 50pts

Rare (2): 150 points

Lordy
28-06-2009, 10:31
I quite liked your first list actually, don't fall into the trap of automatically changing your list to what others say, advice is great but who's to say they are better or more wiser players than yourself anyway.

Although Eagles are great i think 2 Bolt Throwers are the better option personally.
It's a shame the Noble can't be kitted out with a Great Weapon and Armour of Caledor but the reaver bow is useful anyway.
I always try and squeeze the gem of courage in a unit of Swordmasters aswell, you will eventually get a round of total crap rolls and you don't want those bad boys to flee :D