-Bladesinger
7 Wardancers
-Musician
-Bladesinger
6 Wild Riders
-Standard Bearer
-War Banner

Total: 2082

I've only been playing Wood Elves for about a month now at 1000, but am planning to move up to 2250 soon, so I'm not really sure about my list. I'll be fighting Warriors of Chaos and Dark Elves, so any advice as to where I should put the remaining 168 points and other modifications to the current list are highly appreciated

Pulsks
27-06-2009, 20:29
Why the champions on the glade guard and waywatchers? Put a champ on the wild riders instead. (Or even the dryads)

And people will tell you that the TMA isn't worth the points, but I haven't had a chance to play one, so that's up for you to decide. :P The murder of spites on him is probably not worth it, but befuddlement might be better to slow 'em down.
A branch wraith level 1 wizard might also be worth it.
So would be taking calaingor's stave instead of one scroll.

the gribbly
27-06-2009, 20:56
The TMA is totally worth his points, just not the complete ownage he used to be. Great choice.
The befuddlement is useful but unfortunately not allowed on TMA as the WE faq specifically forbids adding another bound to the TMA, even with the latest change to the BRB. Consider the sniper spite for assassins and hydra handlers instead. Remember, every time you kill a handler the unit has to take a panic test as it has lost 25% casualties.
I agree with pulsks concerning champions and even non fast cavalry musicians. WE units should not have command unless accompanied by a character IME.
Reduce your units to minimum size with no upgrades (except the wild riders) and buy a second dispelsinger lvl2 with 1 scroll and calaingors stave (better than a branchwraith as the TMA already has CoR). Also reduce the other dispelsinger to lvl1, that 1 PD is not worth 35 pts in this instance.
Add a unit of glade riders with musician for bait and switch and add lt armor and shield to the alter, should be close to 2250. -grib

Sephkka
28-06-2009, 01:19
I agree with everything gribbly said, and would like to add that WE definately shouldn't take command against WoC, you're just asking to get challenged.

Also, fast cav is love against Dark Elves and WoC. Any WoC list with anything Khorne, or DE list with witch elves or Corsairs w/Sea Serpent Banner (Frenzy) will have to charge you, so you can set up alot of failed charges to get awesome flank attacks with all your dryads and wardancers.

Shiodome
28-06-2009, 01:50
i'm assuming the list is based on models you already have and you're wanting to add more? at the moment all your rare and special slots are full... so really you'll be adding core. but a unit of glade riders would certainly be useful, as something able to take on 'bait/redirect' duties while the warhawks are off mage hunting, and also providing some flank support to those dryads and wardancers.

i'd basically just add glade riders, and reconsider the unit champions who dont really add much.

Fortwangle
28-06-2009, 16:53
Okay, so I've taken some of your suggestions and replaced the Murder spite with the Shrikes spite, and removed the champions, aside from the Waywatchers and Wild Riders. I've also replaced a dispel scroll with Calaingor's Staff, I like that a lot actually. I then added a unit of 5 Glade Riders with a musician, and am still 62 points shy. I don't know where to put the points...

And thank you for all of your help so far =)

Pulsks
29-06-2009, 03:39
The TMA is totally worth his points, just not the complete ownage he used to be. Great choice.
The befuddlement is useful but unfortunately not allowed on TMA as the WE faq specifically forbids adding another bound to the TMA, even with the latest change to the BRB.

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205267
I asked about it a while back, and people said it's generally okay. But the sniper spite is also awesome. :P

Fortwangle
01-07-2009, 15:17
That's very helpful, thank you so much