PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Vampire Counts (mostly VS WoC)

zeekill
27-06-2009, 13:22
Here is my 1500 point list against WoC. In 1000 pts my opponent usually takes one punch-you-in-the-face Chaos Knight unit so im matching that, and also providing plenty more to take on his marauder spam. (Idk what else to call it. Its somewhere around 2-3 full units of 20-25 marauders and 1-2 units of marauder horsemen usually.) Another thing i kept in mind was that he sometimes switches out the marauders on foot for a unit of about 15 Chaos Warriors, so im prepared to take that on if need be. The biggest thing im worried about is that i know that the person im playing will be ready for my book of arkhan this time, so im begging to all of luck itself that I roll a vanhel's dance.

Heroes

Vampire + Dark Acolyte + Summon Ghouls + Flayed Hauberk + Black Periapt + Tally of Lycni 195

Vampire + Dread Knight + Beguile + Book of Arkhan + Enchanted Shield 200

Vampire + Dread Knight + Supernatural Horror (or Walking Death if he is Mo Slannesh, most likely will be) + Blood Drinker 190

Core

11x Crypt Ghouls + Ghast 88

11x Crypt Ghouls + Ghast 88

5x Dire Wolves 40

5x Dire Wolves 40

Special

3x Spirit Host 195

Rare

5x Blood Knights + Full Command + Royal Standard of Strigos 360

__________________________________________________ _____________
The Dire Wolves will screen the blood knights until im done with them, after which they will go 2 on 1 against one of his Marader horsemen units (hopefully one or both of the DW units will hit him in the flank or rear)

The ghouls are for taking out marauders, and to hold my general up.

The Spirit Host Can Keep a Warrior unit busy for the entire game if it hits them in the flank or rear, and even more-so with marauders.

To get rid of the other marauder horseman unit im gonna raise some zombies.

Blood Knights with hatred and 2 Vampires in them. mmmmmmm mmmmmm good.

zeekill
27-06-2009, 13:27
There is another Chaos Warriors player that (in 1000 pts) took 2 units of 15 Mo Khorne Warriors with fancy magical banners (one was just a war banner i forget what the other was) an exalted champion and a hellcannon. Will this work against him in 1500 points for the most part? He usually does that same list take or give some warriors or something

bork da basher
27-06-2009, 16:25
i think you need to trim down your vamps a bit they look a bit of a mixed bag. i'd ditch one entirely to be honest proberly your dread knight one...he adds nothing to your unit of knights. at 1500pts id go for raising vamps more than anything, avoid CC at all costs vs chaos even a unit champion can do for your vampires in a fight. i really rate necros on corpsecarts behind your lines, against WoC ASF can be a life saver and the necro will always be wanting to carry vanhels. helm of commandment is a must against chaos. WS6 from your vamp can seriously even the odds and reduce units like chaos knights hitting power considerably.

with the points you can save from your vamps id buy another unit of ghouls and do away with a unit of dire wolves. one will be plenty to screen your knights

not sure what the spirit hosts will achieve as ive never used them but be wary chaos warriors generally have magical attacks aplenty and will make short work of them. in combat i doubt they would be more than an expensive roadblock for a turn or two, id ditch them entirely and maybe go for something like 6-7 black knights with banner of undying legion.

your blood knight unit needs only the standard bearer, ditch the rest. banner of strigos will ensure you destroy any unit they hit.

zeekill
27-06-2009, 16:43
i think you need to trim down your vamps a bit they look a bit of a mixed bag. i'd ditch one entirely to be honest proberly your dread knight one...he adds nothing to your unit of knights. at 1500pts id go for raising vamps more than anything, avoid CC at all costs vs chaos even a unit champion can do for your vampires in a fight. i really rate necros on corpsecarts behind your lines, against WoC ASF can be a life saver and the necro will always be wanting to carry vanhels. helm of commandment is a must against chaos. WS6 from your vamp can seriously even the odds and reduce units like chaos knights hitting power considerably.

with the points you can save from your vamps id buy another unit of ghouls and do away with a unit of dire wolves. one will be plenty to screen your knights

not sure what the spirit hosts will achieve as ive never used them but be wary chaos warriors generally have magical attacks aplenty and will make short work of them. in combat i doubt they would be more than an expensive roadblock for a turn or two, id ditch them entirely and maybe go for something like 6-7 black knights with banner of undying legion.

your blood knight unit needs only the standard bearer, ditch the rest. banner of strigos will ensure you destroy any unit they hit.

Clearly you don't understand that on the charge my blood knights will rip through any unit they're up against.

The spirit host in the flank will hold up a unit of marauders or such for the entire game, seeing as he has banner, outnumber and I have flank i need only to kill a single marauder each turn to tie combat, which on 4+ and then 4+ again will be quite easy with 12 attacks.

My first vampire (book of arkhan one) uses the book to guarantee me a charge on his unit. The second (the blood drinker) does 2 things. On the charge he takes the challenges, beguile giving him reroll hits and reroll wounds if his character doesnt pass leadership with a -3 modifier, and the blood drinker brings back any possible casualties I take from something like a hellcannon or spells that he got off.

My vampire on foot is with the ghoul group, raising them and also summoning units of zombies if I have extra dice.

zeekill
27-06-2009, 17:05
Sorry for being so stubborn, if you give me a good reason why its better to take what you said ill consider it.

However i am swiching the second vampric powers on my vamps, so the one with the book has beguile and vise versa

Chaseyboy1er
27-06-2009, 17:38
in my opinion, you should either go magic heavy, or combat heavy, not a mix, because that doesn't work too well. and if you go combat heavy, give a vampire ghoulkin, and make them all have wings, and give them all good armour and weapons for first turn charges. take the steeds off of the vampires, and make them on foot, blood knights don't need characters in them, they do well on their own. make a vampire, or wight king your call, a BSB, and give him the regeneration banner, and put him in a unit of grave guard without great weapons. this unit is insanely nasty and extremely durable. and also, if you would want to raise the ghouls up, he can't be in the unit, because the unit he is in is technically not in his line of sight. just something to think about.
ohh, and bork was correct about the blood knights, they only need the banner. and since you did have a castellen, he would have to accept challenges i believe, i could be wrong though. but all else looks good.