PDA

View Full Version : Sh.. i'm almost deaf!

Archaon
08-05-2005, 00:37
I was surfing the net and went to the site of a german TV broadcaster which took a while to load so i opened another window and did something else until the site loaded up.

Now my (rather powerful) speaker boxes were still on and a little bit cranked up since i watched a movie before which was rather low sound. I didn't turn the boxes off and forgot about them.

Now the site finishes and a flash animation started making ads for Star Wars 3 and one of the feature was a sound of an igniting lightsaber (you all know the sound).

I thought my ears were splitting and i don't think i was ever faster in my life reaching for the volume control. I was so shocked i reacted out of instinct..god forbid it were a different machine and i didn't know where the volume controls were! :eek:

Anyone got a similar shock out of nowhere which almost made you fall put of the chair?

Rabid Bunny 666
08-05-2005, 00:43
i was watching Tv and got up to take a whizz and just blacked out. didn't feel a thing. came round about 3 seconds later by the door. i thought i was dying :(

Slazton
08-05-2005, 03:50
Something that has shocked me eh? Well I moved house from an USAF base here in England to a british home in Cirencester, and plugged in my stero sharpish as you do. Well, I forgot to charge the power setting voer (its duel setting) and it popped loudly at full volume. My pants changed colour.

Wiseman
08-05-2005, 07:07
yeh i had a cd on and i thought the volume wasnt working so i turned it up on the amp it was plugged into and i still couldnt hear anything so i put it on at full volume, i didnt know there was 10seconds of silence before it started. and this amp is one of the loudest you can get, 125decibals or something like that, its louder then a jumbo at anyrate.

TheSonOfAbbadon
08-05-2005, 13:58
125 decibels?! That can deafen you!

Speaking of things that can deafen you, there's a girl in my school that can scream at 90 decibels!

salty
08-05-2005, 14:19
I had had my tv on really loud over the sound of my mother vacuuming, nearly full, and left it that way when I went to the toilet. I came back in and it was silent. Reckoning I had knackered the TV or something, I tried turning it up all the way to full. Didn't work, still silent.

So I crouched in front of the tv, you know, in front of those little controls on the front. At the same time, my bro came in and pressed the mute button, blowing out both my eardrums (well, not literally but it felt that way...)

Salty :)

New Cult King
09-05-2005, 03:04
Yup - first time I used my vocal FX board at band prac... the gain was turned up to full, so when I plugged it in, we got this huge scream of feedback... everyone in the room nearly pooed their pants, and I dove to the floor to unplug it... not fun.

Adept
09-05-2005, 04:38
Shocking things? Wez's old 'test your willpower' link left a pretty good pucker mark on my seat...

AmericanBear
10-05-2005, 00:10
Ahem. (http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/zoeken.html)

I love this.

5upr3m3 h4xx0rz
10-05-2005, 04:10
You know what really shocked me? I tried the shocker, and it doesnt work! Thats right friends, the shocker does not work (you know, the shocker, ||,| two in the pink, one in the stink). Bastards lied to me all these years...

Wez
10-05-2005, 21:30
Shocking things? Wez's old 'test your willpower' link left a pretty good pucker mark on my seat...

It's still there... click it if you dare.;)

I've got a ringing in my ears from a gig on sat afternoon after having gone to one on Friday evening as well.

Anyone got any ideas where you can get a discreet pair of earplugs (I'm looking more for that gooey stuff you put in your ear when shooting/working on building sites, than the solid yellow spongy things). Any ideas? At the current rate of gigs I'm going to at the moment I'll be deaf by 20.

-Wez