PDA

View Full Version : Index Astartes - Taurans

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 08:29
Index Astartes - Taurans

Ok the Taurans space marines is as far as i am aware an arbitary colour scheme from the 'how to paint space marines' book, further more it was also the bonus colour scheme on dawn of war 2 with the amazon pre-order codes.
This is the base for my inspiration.

I am intending to create a small force themed around drop pod assault (mainly because i haven't dont a drop pod before).

I have created the following fluff to back up the chapter (no gw fluff exists):

- Created from the geneseed of the Sable Swords in a responce to Tau invasion on the eastern fringes, thus they are a young chapter, well equiped with MkVII & MkVIII armour.
- Because the chapter is young i have decided to limit my use of plasma weapons, relic blades, termiantors and dreadnoughts.
- Chapter has suffered heavy losses from fighting Tau, mostly due to being rushed into service prematurely without proper preparation. Chapter is currently opperating at just under half strength.

The army list i am intending to create my army around is as follows:

Pedro Kantor 175pts

Sternguard Veterans [5], Heavy Flamer 135pts
Drop Pod 35pts

Tactical Squad [10], Meltagun, Heavy Bolter 175pts
Drop Pod 35pts

Tactical Squad [10], Meltagun, Heavy Bolter 175pts
Drop Pod 35pts

Thunderfire Cannon 100pts
Drop Pod 35pts

The colour scheme for those not familiar with it is pictured below, i hope that people find this log interesting, thanks for looking!! :)

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 08:44
Captain Tiberius Vallarn

Captain Tiberius Vallarn of the Taurans 5th battle company, newly promoted due to heavy casulties in battle. Formally 1st sergeant of the 1st tactical squad, and hero of the 5th battle company.

Vallarn is much loved by his battle brothers and is very much a 'hands on leader' he is youthful and lacks tactical abiltiy aswell as wisdom in the ways of battle.
Vallarn is regarded as extremely lucky, earning him an inspiring presence on the battle field.

(rules will be that of pedro kantors) :)

For Cpt Vallarn i have used the sternguard veteran sergeant model, which is one of my favorite metals that GW has produced at late, here he is:

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 09:03
Tactical Squad Alpha Pullo

Under the command of sergeant Pullo, known for his strength and rugged ability to dodge death. Pullo is seen where the fighting is most savage and is always seen walking away afterward!!
It is joked amongst his battle brothers that he should have been a 'world eaters' marine.

The squad will have a wargear loadout to include a heavy bolter and a meltagun.
Sgt Pullo is in MkVIII Errant pattern power armour the remaining squad in MkVII Aquila pattern power armour.

Here they are work in progress:

eltanko
28-06-2009, 09:08
Hey Petay, they look good
another lesser-known chapter being used, i like :)
dont know if its just the pics though, but they look rather white than cream? prob just the flash or something, but they still look good.

ElTanko

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 09:14
Hey Petay, they look good
another lesser-known chapter being used, i like :)
dont know if its just the pics though, but they look rather white than cream? prob just the flash or something, but they still look good.

ElTanko

I think it's just my amature photography, combined with the bright sunlight through my window.

Planning on tackling the chapter symbol this morning, i haven't tried to paint it yet, not had the courage, lol!!

eltanko
28-06-2009, 09:17
trying freehand, or can you buy any transfers for them?
they do look good though, you seem to like going for the lesser-known chapters. any more planned?!?!

i have thought about doing one for a while, might have to look into it!

ElTanko

Nocturn
28-06-2009, 09:19
hey there Petay,

Interessting posts/fluff/etc. i'm always interessted in things, were GW hadn't go into details :-)
colour sheme is so far looking nice (haha good idead with the army maker from dow II) Vallarn is looking good, too :-)
btw.: what's this thunderfire cannon? i never read the 'dex nor playes space marines...they are too...loyal :P

Noc

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 09:31
trying freehand, or can you buy any transfers for them?

I will be doing it free hand, i really hate transfers!!

...you seem to like going for the lesser-known chapters. any more planned?!?!

None planned, i am sure something will spring up in the future though!!

...what's this thunderfire cannon? i never read the 'dex nor playes space marines...they are too...loyal :P

lol, nice ending sentence!! :) the thunderfire cannon is Heavy Support choice, crewed by a techmarine (gw pic below).
It has 3 ammunition types, which can be changed at will:
1. 60" / S:6 / Ap:5 / Heavy 4, blast
2. 60" / S:5/ Ap:6 / Heavy 4, blast, ignores cover
3. 60" / S:4/ Ap:- / Heavy 4, blast, tremor*

*tremor = a unit hit by this then moves as in difficult terrain, a vehicle has to take a difficult terrain test if it moved in the next phase.

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 17:50
Progress Update:

First combat squad from Tactical Squad Alpha Pullo is complete, decided to paint the chapter symbol free hand, there is some inconsistency, but i'm generally pleased with the outcome :)
The squad will be based and 'purity sealed' once i have finished the whole 10men.

Melchiah
28-06-2009, 17:54
Looking good.
How are you doing company and vet colours?

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 17:59
Looking good.
How are you doing company and vet colours?

In all honesty i didn't consider this until i had started painting, for veterans i think it will be as simple as painting laurels on the helmets and giving them all the MkVIII errant armour pattern.

I have decided not to do company colours, however each marine will have a 'V' for 5th company in the corner of a shoulder pad or on knee pads.

Progress Update:

Cpt Vallarn has had laurels added to his helmet and the chapter symbol incorporated on his shoulder guard.
Again i am pretty pleased with finished project, although not perfect:

Grindgodgrind
28-06-2009, 18:15
Ha, just as I was thinking "Those Tauran marines" look pretty badass! Nice work, man!

Melchiah
28-06-2009, 18:41
i think it will be as simple as painting laurels on the helmets and giving them all the MkVIII errant armour pattern.
I have decided not to do company colours, however each marine will have a 'V' for 5th company in the corner of a shoulder pad or on knee pads.
Cpt Vallarn has had laurels added to his helmet and the chapter symbol incorporated on his shoulder guard.
Awesome.
For the company markings maybe the kneepads like the DAs and BAs. Or the "crest" of the backpack?
Its the only thing I can think of other then not having company markings.
Sorry for hogging your thread.

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 18:51
Awesome.
For the company markings maybe the kneepads like the DAs and BAs. Or the "crest" of the backpack?
Its the only thing I can think of other then not having company markings.
Sorry for hogging your thread.

What a fantastic idea!! i'm going to do company colours on the knee pads, i'll do a test and see what it looks like. cheers fella :)

No worries on the number of posts, i'm happy for the comments, if you have them post them! that goes for everyone!!

Petay1985
28-06-2009, 19:20
Progress Update:

Ok, taking Melchiah's advice/idea on the Dark Angels/Blood Angels company markings i have given my Taurans company markings too.
Also pictured are the laurels that all veterans will have adorning their helmets:

eltanko
28-06-2009, 19:50
Your getting thru these darned quick!! They are looking really good though, really liking the look of them so far.

ElTanko

Astraeos
28-06-2009, 21:16
Nice free hand work there! And always nice to see a lesser known chapter being used.

Anardakil
28-06-2009, 22:11
Nice marines. I really like the colur scheme :)

someone2040
29-06-2009, 06:36
Huh. What do ya know, someone else thought the idea of Space Cow Tauran were cool :)
I also have a Tauran chapter in the works, but I think I diverged from the scheme enough that they're not really Tauran anymore (My Black is more grey, cause I didn't really like shading black. And my bone is a tad darker I think, so I refer to mine as MinoTauran ;).

Your guys look pretty detailed and amazing, so keep up the good work :)

Ragsta
29-06-2009, 08:31
Your work deserves comment indeed!

I like the Taurans, nice to see someone developing them. Using a counts as Cantor is a nice touch and the finished piece looks good!

Nice freehand too, gives me hope for when I venture into doing such things myself. Keep up the good work, lets see more Marines huuuuh :P

lapislazuli
29-06-2009, 09:51
Great looking marines there. I feel that the veteran laurel looks awesome with the colour scheme, sorta complements.

Petay1985
29-06-2009, 11:52
Thanks for all the comments folks, the praise is muchly appriciated and spurs me on to paint more!!

Progress Update:

Heavy Bolter marine finished this morning, looks like unemployment has its upsides :p

Hoping to get the remaining 4 tactical marines finished by tomorrow eveing, we'll see how things go!!

I added a 'kill tally' to his gun casing and selected a helmet with a targeted on the side, fitting the look of the model more:

Petay1985
29-06-2009, 13:58
Progress Update:

Meltagun wielding marine finished :) getting the hang of the free hand chapter symbol a little more now, still looks a little cartoony though.

Well here he is:

Maynard
29-06-2009, 14:08
very nice mate, I love the darkness of it all. How are you going to do the bases though? I hate trying to do basing after painting :p

Petay1985
29-06-2009, 14:11
very nice mate, I love the darkness of it all. How are you going to do the bases though? I hate trying to do basing after painting :p

I'm not a big fan of ornate bases, so these guys will just get some static grass, maybe a Tau helmet or something of that ilk.
I like to keep the bases fairly simple on gaming models.

Petay1985
29-06-2009, 18:56
Progress Update:

I have begun the painstaking task of paint my first drop pod, its had a few coats of bleached bone and i've coated the interior in boltgun metal.

Sadly disaster has struck and i have ran out my chaos black :cries: so this means no more drop pod progress until i can get some, or progress on the remaining 2 tactical marines! :mad: bugger!

Any way here is the very working progress drop pod:

Shadow Fall
29-06-2009, 19:30
why has no one noticed this? THESE ARE FRAKKIN AWESOME!!!

i recommend getting a photobucket account and direct linking it into your updates - then you will get the large images - as apposed to the small thumbnails as they are kinda hard to see all the full detail which i think is amazing!

keep it up, looking out for some more! :D

SF :chrome:

Petay1985
29-06-2009, 19:38
why has no one noticed this? THESE ARE FRAKKIN AWESOME!!!

i recommend getting a photobucket account and direct linking it into your updates - then you will get the large images - as apposed to the small thumbnails as they are kinda hard to see all the full detail which i think is amazing!

keep it up, looking out for some more! :D

SF :chrome:

Thanks fella, at the risk sounding condescending you do know that if you click on a thumb nail it will go to a full screen view right?

Appriciate the comments, the enouragement is muchly appriciated :)

Deus Ruinus
29-06-2009, 20:01
wow a interesting army, i like the idea of the colour scheme. at least you get comments for your army. should check out my forces :S
also i like the concept of the idea of limited forces, were as the tau are nothing but *deleted to prevent an uproar* that would cause a chapter to suffer losses

Petay1985
30-06-2009, 11:36
Progress Update:

The drop pod is more or less finished, a very odd model to paint, not sure why, just seemed to be a lot of hassel :eyebrows:

I'm fairly pleased with the finish, but i could find my patience diminishing, maybe i'll go back and do some more at a later date, who knows...

Anyway here she is:

malika
30-06-2009, 11:44
I really like those! There is something very "basic" and "standard" about them which in itself is quite original since it seems that eventhough most Chapters follow the Codex Astartes, they all have some super duper unique trait/power/etc.

The Chapter Badge does make me think of the fake tattoo the Monarch from Venture Bros had when he was pretending to be the Mighty Minotaur! Which reminds me, what about some bare chested Scout who has a Minotaur tattoo on his back. Might be that all the Taurens have that tattoo on their back, sort of as a rite of initiation. This way you add little details to the Chapter's fluff.

Corrode
30-06-2009, 11:49
Nice looking Marines. I don't think the freehanded Chapter symbol is particularly cartoony - no more so than the standard Marine ones, anyway ;) The colours are pretty nice as well, a very effective scheme.

Ragsta
30-06-2009, 13:02
Okay, that freehand does NOT look cartoony, so hush, child, or it's the Penal Legions for you!

The red lenses and purity seals could do with a highlight at some stage- you're probably just wanting to get a force painted and battle ready just now tho so that can wait. A little. Heh.

Apart from that I have little to say other than it's all nice so far. Choosing a basing colour will be tough tho, it would need to compliment the bone and black... earthy brown maybe?

Petay1985
30-06-2009, 13:48
...what about some bare chested Scout who has a Minotaur tattoo on his back. Might be that all the Taurens have that tattoo on their back, sort of as a rite of initiation

Love the concept of a full chapter symbol back tatoo :) not sure on the idea of bare chested scouts though, i'm not really a fan of helmetless sergeants (thats right i'm one of them folk :))

I don't think the freehanded Chapter symbol is particularly cartoony

Okay, that freehand does NOT look cartoony, so hush, child, or it's the Penal Legions for you!

Thanks for the reasurance, now i have the best part of a tactical squad painted i am feeling less critical of the symbol quality.

The red lenses and purity seals could do with a highlight at some stage

Indeed the purity seals could do with it, i have to admit i shy away from helmet lens highlighting, scary terratory i need more practise in! any advice would be welcome!!?

Choosing a basing colour will be tough tho, it would need to compliment the bone and black... earthy brown maybe?

I have painted them all scorched brown, obviouslywith a light covering of sand underneath. Any further thoughts, a good colour to dry brush the brown with perhapse?
I will then look add static grass, i just need to relpenish my modelling supplies.

Petay1985
30-06-2009, 14:03
Progress Update:

Ok with the painting complete, more or less, i thought i'd show off the start of the force in all its glory :)

Captain Tiberius Vallarn, 5th Battle Company

Sergeant Pullo + Tactical Squad Alpha-Pullo, 5th Battle Company

They still need basing properly, even if this is only static grass, and as pointed out previously they could do with some further highlighing, but you get the idea:

Corrode
30-06-2009, 14:10
Looking good! I envy your painting speed, too :P

rickie8437
30-06-2009, 18:10
great army

always did like the pic at the back of the painting guide book

the drop pod looks sweet keep it up

what you going to do for hq? how you going to make your master, also do you plan to have a chaplin or lib?

eltanko
30-06-2009, 19:44
Petay

they are looking really good, look even better as a group shot with that drop pod, excellent army :)

ElTanko

Shadowvast
30-06-2009, 20:16
Aren't The Taurans 13th founding? That would mean your "new" chapter has been around for several millenia....

That said I really like this scheme and your aint is REALLY nice!

Petay1985
30-06-2009, 20:21
what you going to do for hq? how you going to make your master, also do you plan to have a chaplin or lib?

Hey there fella, you've missed some early posts fella, i already have a captain and force plan so you can see what units i'm doing.

Petay they are looking really good, look even better as a group shot with that drop pod, excellent army

Thanks fella, your enthusiasm and kind words are really spurring me on, i'm really pleased with this force, has alot of 'simple character' if that makes sense!?

Aren't The Taurans 13th founding? That would mean your "new" chapter has been around for several millenia....

If i recall correctly the exorcists are 13th founding, also the Minotaurs were 21st 'cursed' founding, are you thinking of them?

Petay1985
01-07-2009, 14:41
Techmarine Octavian - Mobile Artillery

Ok so this morning i have purchased the Techmarine and Thunderfire Cannon, bringing the rain for my small strike force :)

Its built and undercoated (my can of chaos black appears to be a poor mix, seems like there is too much propellant, it leaves a blue/white dust on my models, not happy :mad:)

I am intending to source a base for the cannon, and then cut out a 25mm diameter hole to drop the techmarine into, unsure on how i'm going to achieve this yet, mostly due to size (cannon alone is 80mm x 50mm) i'm thinking the new 'flying base' maybe big enough, hmmm.... :confused:

Anyhow, here is my undercoated heavy support:

Ragsta
01-07-2009, 15:29
The Thunderfire Cannon dishes out a whole lot of pain so I'm told, should compliment your Tac squads nicely.

Okay, the lenses- basically the idea is you take the base colour you've used and then mix that 50:50 with the next shade up- so Scab Red would go halfers with Red Gore etc. Then you paint maybe half of the lens starting from inside out. Then you take Red Gore and put a dab of that right in the corner, that's what the Big Guns say they do anyway! Hope that helps? Should look like it's light fading through to dark.

Probably a drybrush of Bubonic Brown would be fine on the bases if you have it, maybe even bleacked bone would work.

Hope I'm not coming across as teaching my gran to suck eggs here, you've done a good job already (especially considering part of this scheme is black, which is a pain to highlight nicely)!!!

Battle reports....? ;)

Petay1985
01-07-2009, 19:30
Progress Update:

Thunderfire cannon more or less finished. Would still like to base it, but as i said unsure on the best way to proceed with this at the moment. Techmarine is currently underway, will post pics soon...

@Jihad_Ragsta - I will give the lens thing ago, see how it comes out, cheers fella. Will probably drybrush the bases with graveyard earth, over the scorched brown. Then static grass, simple and effective!!

(also hoping my static grass, new brushes and paint arrive in tomorrows post)

...well here is the cannon:

Petay1985
02-07-2009, 00:15
Techmarine Octavian and Thunderfire Cannon

Complete, apart from basing (i'm sure you folk can see a trend here ;) ) pretty chuffed with the result. This model is actually well worth the money GW charge, superb sculpt but a real bugger to build!!

The model really gives the 'dawn of war II' feel i wanted for the army, once it has a drop pod it'll look great!!
Coolness wins over tactics and effectiveness for me everytime!!

Without further ado, Octavian:

Astraeos
02-07-2009, 00:55
Your army is coming along nicely Petay, after the Thunderfire what's next on the list?

And may I ask, did you assemble the drop pod before or after painting it? I know it's a slightly odd question but I'm currently painting a drop pod myself (Space Wolves if you wanna know) but am doing it i assemblies.

eltanko
02-07-2009, 01:55
Your really blitzing through this quickly! but its turning out really well! nice one Petay

ElTanko

kamedake88
02-07-2009, 07:36
Very Nice brother, its nice to see someone picking a chapter from the lesser known. If I may ask, how many coasts of paint does it take you to achieve the cream color.

Petay1985
02-07-2009, 09:05
Your army is coming along nicely Petay, after the Thunderfire what's next on the list?

Next will be a second drop pod, then i'm planning on getting the second tactical squad and third drop pod done. Leaving the sternguard & fourth drop pod till last (refer to army list in first post).

And may I ask, did you assemble the drop pod before or after painting it? I know it's a slightly odd question but I'm currently painting a drop pod myself (Space Wolves if you wanna know) but am doing it i assemblies.

You may be interested to know that the drop pod on here was previously painted as a space wolves, i have a small contingent. I completely assemble before painting. Which probably makes painting more difficult, but thats the way i am :)

Your really blitzing through this quickly! but its turning out really well! nice one Petay

Cheers fella, the speed is mostly due to being temporarily unemployed (i start new job on monday :) ) and my girlfriend being away till the weekend, which essentially means most of my time can be used for geekery :)

Very Nice brother, its nice to see someone picking a chapter from the lesser known. If I may ask, how many coasts of paint does it take you to achieve the cream color.

The armour is simple, its painted bleached bone over a sprayed black undercoat, it takes 3 to 4 thin coats, then a 5th patch coat to neaten up after inking but before weathering.

My painting process (simplicity is the key):

1. Chaos black spray
2. 3 to 4 coats of bleached bone on armour
3. Boltgun metal all appropriate areas (guns, backs of knee joints, etc..)
4. Chaos black all appropriate
5. Details (purity seals, eyes, chest plate)
6. Black ink, i 'line in' on the shoulder pads, ink all joints, recessed and areas that seem appropriate (between panels, knee joints, finger gaps, etc..) I also paint the chapter symbol and squad markings, all free hand work in black ink at this stage.
7. A coat of bleached bone to tidy up the model.
8. Lightly drybrush all of the model (that is appropriate, no pouches for example) in boltgun metal, always against the raised areas and joints.
9. Paint the base scorched brown and gently paint some scorched brown splashes up the lower leg and abit a the knee pads.

TaaDaa!! Thats it. it rally is very simple, allows for a well painted army with using hundreds of paints or the crasy 'eavy metal' painting guides (i think these are more suited to golden deamon/show models).

That said i will be drybrushing the bases with graveyard earth and having a go at painting some helmet lens' soon, but i'm a little scared about the later.

Hope that helps folks. At the risk of sounding like a broken record thanks for the comments, they are really appriciated and really spur me on :)

Petay1985
02-07-2009, 14:03
Progress Update:

Dop Pod Number 2 is in the works, this one is for the techmarine & thunderfire cannon :)
I have decided not to have any of the harness restraints in this pod, just to make it slightly more plausable that the thunderfire cannon fits in it, i know; there is no where for the techmarine to hold on/strap in :p but this is my plan none the less!!

So here is the pod (minus interior furntiture) undercoated black on the inside and bottom and then white on the outside:

Cpt_Baughan
03-07-2009, 15:51
Cracking force mate.

Being a force designed to combat the Tau are you not concerned about the longevity of maneuverability in the force. By this I mean yes you will of course drop pod in but the main strength of a Tau army is its maneuverability combined with fire power, what’s the plan when the remaining Tau after your first round of shooting simply relocate to a distance which is out of range of simply 24” rapid fire or special weapons range?

I am aware of your heavy bolters and thunder fire cannon but am concerned this simply isn’t going to be enough to counter battle suits and devil fish mounted fire warriors.

Perhaps deep striking assault marines or land speeders would be a good edition, if only to apply pressure to the Tau tactical and not allow them to dictate the pace of the battle.

Can’t fault the theme or look of the force though, well done.

Arkion
04-07-2009, 02:34
Cheers for using a lesser known Chapter. I'll admit, I've batted around the idea of starting a Tauran army myself. You've done a great job so far - just enough detail to be intriguing! =) Keep up the good work!

Ragsta
04-07-2009, 09:36
That said i will be drybrushing the bases with graveyard earth and having a go at painting some helmet lens' soon, but i'm a little scared about the later.

Hope that helps folks. At the risk of sounding like a broken record thanks for the comments, they are really appriciated and really spur me on :)

Fear precedes heresy! Heh, I'm sure you will be fine, it will be easy to write off errors anyway :P
I was looking at the lenses today, they are small and fiddly admittedly but that could actually help make varying shades merge together (from a distance hehehe).

I am looking forward to seeing more troops arrive, that Techmarine looks nice and once the bases is finished he should really pop. There's something about nice bases that really pull a model together!

Petay1985
05-07-2009, 17:04
Progress Update:

After painfully trying to work out which base is suitable and coming to the conclusion that none are quite the right size i decided to have a go at making a base.
Going in blind as i've never made a base before, this is what i came up with, i guarentee you there must be a better way to do this, lol:

1. Cut in half the 60mm dreadnought base.

2. Cut out a 60mm x 35mm piece of foam board.

3. Glue the 2 half circles on and place on a very thin piece of card, cut around the shape and glue the card to the bottom (the card is needed for regidity).

4. cover the joints and the sides of the foamboard with greenstuff.

5. cover with sand.

I am now leaving this to dry properly, i will then file the sides properly and make sure the base edge is at the proper chamfer and smooth. I'll update again shortly, but for now here are the work in progree pictures:

Petay1985
06-07-2009, 10:26
Progress Update:

The next step with the base was to put masking tape round the flat edges (they are flatter than they look on here, lol).
Then spray with rough coat just to firm up the look of the sand.

I then took the tape off and undercoated the whole base with chaos black.

eltanko
06-07-2009, 12:03
The base is looking pretty good! you have already probably written it somewhere, but, what fig is the base for?

ElTanko

Shadow Nugz
06-07-2009, 12:32
Excellent marines, I remember this color scheme... not one I payed much attention to but now that your doing it I am tempted *slaps self* No! Orks first.... bugger. Good job on these guys, very nice looking models

Petay1985
06-07-2009, 13:29
The base is looking pretty good! you have already probably written it somewhere, but, what fig is the base for?

ElTanko

Thunderfire cannon fella, really wanted the regidity the base gives to the model and most importantly stops the little stabiliser arms on the back snapping off, which they have done everal times already!!

Astraeos
06-07-2009, 18:54
I'm surprised you assembled the drop pod completely before painting! I'm doing mine in assemblies, but have now discovered that some parts don't slot in like they did before I put paint on them!

But my Chaos Marines were assembled in one piece minus the backpacks, but I may add those to the unpainted ones I have left.

Looking forward to what's next!

Petay1985
06-07-2009, 22:23
Progress Report:

Thunderfire cannon finally based, the base hasn't come out too bad, could be a little neater on the black edge trim, but hey i'm happy :)

I am planning on taking an overall shot of the force in the next few days once i've finished the thunderfire's drop pod, so keep checking back folks, and as always any comments are welcome :)

So for now here it is the thunderfire cannon, based and finally weathered:

Melchiah
06-07-2009, 22:53
looking sharp, keep up the good work.

Petay1985
07-07-2009, 22:18
Progress Update:

I've finally finished the second drop pod, the weathering hasn't come out too well on the photograph but it looks effective i promise, lol.

So anyhow here is the strike force so far :)

Strike Force Vallarn

- Captain Tiberius Vallarn, 5th Company
- Tactical Squad Alpha-Pullo, 5th Company
- Techmarine Octavian, Armourium

Further to this the next unit in production will be a second tactical squad :) any suggestions on a Sergeant name are welcome, i am intending to keep to the Romanesq theme(ish)...??

eltanko
08-07-2009, 07:24
Petay these guys are great, the colour scheme is really effective. im really liking :)

ElTanko

Ragsta
08-07-2009, 09:09
Sergeant Vasko sprang to mind. Not too sure if it's Roman enough for ya but I didn't want to plagiarise the drama known as Rome (I have both series and they're AWESOME by the way, I suspect you may be a fan).

Haver you fought with this force yet?

eltanko
08-07-2009, 09:11
With regards to names, found this to be quite a good resource of names, could name the whole darned army if you want with these!

http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Choosing_a_Roman_name

ElTanko

Petay1985
08-07-2009, 09:19
Sergeant Vasko sprang to mind. Not too sure if it's Roman enough for ya but I didn't want to plagiarise the drama known as Rome (I have both series and they're AWESOME by the way, I suspect you may be a fan).
Haver you fought with this force yet?

Indeed i do own both the Rome series, they are great!! No this force has not seen battle as of yet, once i have the second tactical squad up and running they will venture out, i am hoping that this coinsides with cpt_baughan getting his his renegades & Tau army on the board :) We are building our armies in conjunction with one another.

With regards to names, found this to be quite a good resource of names, could name the whole darned army if you want with these!
http://www.novaroma.org/nr/Choosing_a_Roman_name
ElTanko

Cheers fella, i'll check it out and see if anything stands out.

Petay1985
23-07-2009, 17:20
Hi folks dui have decided that i am going to sell the Taurans force as a whole, if any one is interested please see the link below:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211364