PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Druchii for RTT

Violadudester
28-06-2009, 23:05
First edit:

1 Master: Dark Pegasus, Blood Armor, Pendant of Kaeleth, Lance, SDC.
188pts.

1 Sorceress: Lvl.2, Dispel Scroll, Sacrificial Dagger.
185pts.

1 Assassin: 2xHW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus.
171pts.

25 Warriors: HW, LA, Spear, Shield, FC.
190pts.

10 Crossbowmen: HW, LA, Shield, RxB.
110pts.

5 Dark Riders: HW, LA, Spear, Musician.
97pts.

5 Harpies
55pts.

16 Black Guard: HA, Halberd, FC, Standard w/Banner of Har Ganeth, Champion w/Whip of Agony.
303pts.

2xRBT
200pts.

Total: 1499pts.

PeeKay
29-06-2009, 14:39
Violadudester, this is a good list but just needs a few minor tweaks.

I don't see the point of have shields and musician on a crossbowmen as they should never get into combat and if they do then they will die or run off the table.

RxB on the dark riders are not that great. The Dark riders should keeping moving so the penality on shooting is a waste of points. You have the crossbowmen and the RBT that should provide more than average shooting.

You need to decide if you going magic offensive or defensive. For offense, then use sacrifical dagger and tomb of furion. For defense, then drop the sorcessess and use null stones and ring of hotek. There are many choices on arcane stuff to get the in between options so your choice :)

Draconian77
29-06-2009, 14:46
He cannot use both the Dagger and the Tomb of Furion on a single mage.

I think that Shields are a wise investment on your Rxbmen, skirmishers and fast cavalry(the things most likely to get to your shooting units) can rarely handle a 4+ save.

However, I think the Musician is wasteful and I would take the Rxbs off the Dark Riders aswell. (Same reason as PeeKay, never hits...)

This gives you enough points to put either the Ring or a second Dispel Scroll onto your Sorceress giving you much better magic defense.

If possible replace the Soul Render(+2 Str, Ap) with the Whip of Agony(+2 Str, Ap, +1 Attack) or the Crimson Death (+3 Str).

You may want to reconsider the Manticore, they tend to die very quickly to any sort of shooting or magic missiles and whilst you are trying to remedy this by giving the Master the Ring of Darkness maybe you should just mount him on a Dark Peg with the Armour of Darkness/Pendant of Khaeleth and spend the points saved on something else.

Violadudester
29-06-2009, 21:47
PeeKay, Draconian77 thank you both for the constructive responses.

I guess I'll try the DR's without RxB's, I usually prefer the extra shooting when they're in close range, but allocating those points elsewhere might be a good idea. I'll replace the Manticore with a Dark Pegasus, he's just there to take out any enemy war machines/general annoyances asap.

Wow I almost forgot the whip counted as a BM's scourge and thus a single HW, that's almost too good, 4 S5 AP attacks rofl.

List Edited.

Amnar
29-06-2009, 23:10
First edit:

1 Master: Dark Pegasus, Blood Armor, Pendant of Kaeleth, Lance, SDC.
188pts.

What's his role? You don't really have any other mobile hard hitting units to combine with. Honestly, I would lose the Pegasus, put him on foot with the pendant and soulrender, and stick him in with the BG, that's what I personally do at that points level

1 Sorceress: Lvl.2, Dispel Scroll, Sacrificial Dagger.
185pts.

Honestly, I think she's a waste of points. Ring of Hotek can act as your magic defense in 1,500, and with only 4 power dice and 2 spells, you won't have a great magic phase. Magic is definately a go big or go home type investment.

1 Assassin: 2xHW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus.
171pts.

I used to run this build myself, but I find it overpriced for what it does. You can run 5 cold one knights for the same cost, or 10 shades....

25 Warriors: HW, LA, Spear, Shield, FC.
190pts.

Good, solid, and most importantly cheap unit.

10 Crossbowmen: HW, LA, Shield, RxB.
110pts.

A lot of people say ditch shields, but I always run mine with shields and musos.

5 Dark Riders: HW, LA, Spear, Musician.
97pts.

Good unit

5 Harpies
55pts.

I'd find a way to add another unit of these bad boys, they're worth their weight in gold. Perhaps instead of the Peg?

16 Black Guard: HA, Halberd, FC, Standard w/Banner of Har Ganeth, Champion w/Whip of Agony.

Good build, how will you have them ranked? I personally run Crimson Death for the S6 attacks, but they're pretty much the same.
303pts.

2xRBT
200pts.

Can't go wrong with these

Total: 1499pts.

I've added my edits above. I've been playing quite a bit of 1,500 point games lately, so I hope you find this useful. You don't need to invest over 10% of your points in magic defence at this points level. At 1,500 my list has 2DD and the ring of hotek, and I have yet to get burned by any heavy magic. If you lose the sorceress and assassin you have another 356 points to play with....