PDA

View Full Version : 2000 Druchii

Vipus
29-06-2009, 00:25
Hello y'all! Been off the fantasy scene for a while as ive been working on my 40k armies (and still am currently), however for future use, I decided to draw up the Dark Elf army i've always longed for. Before reading, im aware of some issues with the list already and it is not meant to be particularly competative, but im putting this up mainly for advice so comments are most welcome.

2000pts

Lords
Dreadlord
Black Dragon
Heavy Armour
Crimson Death

Heroes
Sorceress
Level 2

Sorceress
Level 2

Core
Dark Elf Warriors (20)
Shields
Full Command

Dark Elf Warriors (20)
Shields
Full Command

Dark Elf Assassin
Additional Hand Weapon

Dark Elf Crossbowmen (10)

Special
Black Guard (15)
Banner of Murder
Full Command

Cold One Knights (5)
Full Command

Executioners (15)
Full Command

Rare
Reaper Bolt Thrower

Total: 2007

1500pts *just added*

Heroes
Master
Heavy Armour
Hydra Blade
Shield

Sorceress
Level 2

Core
Dark Elf Warriors (20)
Shields
Full Command

Dark Elf Warriors (20)
Shields
Full Command

Dark Elf Assassin
Additional Hand Weapon

Dark Elf Crossbowmen (10)

Special
Black Guard (15)
Full Command

Cold One Knights (5)
Full Command
Standard of Slaughter

Executioners (14)
Full Command

Rare
Reaper Bolt Thrower

Total: 1500

Ok, some things I have been wondering. Looking about in the other lists ive seen on these forums, ive not actually noticed anyone using the black dragon, is it particularly bad? Also noticed that people are fielding larger Warrior units than I am, im assuming from looking at the stat tables that they are rather fragile. The Assassin seemed like a decent choice as it adds a punch to one of my units. The extra men in the crossbowmen ended up being a points filler, I never see ranged units operating in such a big block. Black Guard/Executioners I couldnt decide on which unit would be the better choice, so I included both. Bolt throwers are great from what ive seen watching other battles, although mine is unprotected.
Something else I was wondering, are CoS armies still a viable list? I just never see them used anymore.

Cheers
-Vip

PeeKay
29-06-2009, 15:22
There is nothing wrong with a Black Dragon, unless you run with 2 Hydras as well :)

People use larger blocks of warriors so that:
1) run them wider (6 or 7 across) and still have 3 ranks
2) keep the 5 width but have extra ranks that will get thinned by the time they reach combat but will still have 3 ranks

The DE archers work best in a single rank so that means that 16 models takes up a lot of space on the board. I think if the DE could take smaller unit of archers they would but 10 is minimum.

I would merge your DE warrior to make a single 24 model unit and change the DE RxB to be 2 x 10 units. Use the rest of the point to buy banners and equipment

The SkaerKrow
29-06-2009, 17:35
Soulrender on a mounted model is a bad choice, as you'll only be received +1 Strength and will always strike last. Instead, I'd suggest either Crimson Death (S6) or the Whip of Agony (S5, AP).

Lordlings (Warrior champions) are a questionable investment most of the time. I'd be more inclined to run Warrior blocks at 20, with a Standard and Musician. Then again, the Warrior Regiment Set only gives you 16 models, so I can understand how you'd arrive at that number. Likewise, 16 Crossbowkin are too many. I'd drop them down to around 10, but perhaps give the unit Shields (Crossbowkin with shields are a very popular choice thanks to their 4+ Armor Save in close combat).

I'd consider finding points for some magical standards for your Black Guard and Cold One Knights. Cold One Knights benefit greatly from the Standard of Slaughter (+D3 CR on the charge), and Black Guard are made much better by the Banner of Murder (unit gains the Armor Piercing rule) or the over-popular Standard of Hag Graef (unit Always Strikes First). Alternatively, you could try the Banner of Murder in the Executioner unit, giving you S4 AP Killing Blow attacks if you choose to have the unit fight without its Great Weapons (in order to avoid getting pounded by an opponent before you have an opportunity to strike).

Finally, a single Bolt Thrower is rarely a worthwhile investment. Try to find the points for a second one, as they're at their best when used in tandem.

chippyman64
29-06-2009, 20:21
its ok , i agree with most before me, but it not a BAD list, infact its a mighty fine list and one that you will do rather than some of these 10000000 model armies that people have dreamed up.

Vipus
30-06-2009, 01:56
Ok, updated the list according to the tips given and attempted to make use of the little knowledge I have. I also added a 1500 points list as a base for what I can start working on once I get the time (and money).

The 2k list, couldn't really free up enough points for more banners, unless I was down the assassin, but i'd kinda like to see how much of a difference the guy makes. The reaper sneaks its way into both lists because I really cant see what else to do with a spare 100, apart from another unit of repeaters, and cant seem to free up the other 100 for the second. Also, any suggestions to lose the 7 points would be great.

The 1.5k list im pretty happy with, although I was unsure on how to kit out my master on foot i've tried to make him add an extra hammerblow to the executioners. The cold one knights I expect will fair well with the banner also.

Comments on either list would be welcome, cheers.

Vipus
30-06-2009, 17:36
Also, is there an official CoS list that can be used?

Vipus
03-07-2009, 08:55
Still looking for c&c on my lists if there are any more comments to be made.

Thanks