PDA

View Full Version : A couple general rules questions.

greenmonsta
29-06-2009, 04:42
1. Does Becalming Cogitation effect the skaven role of a 13? I got into a discussion about this with a fellow skaven player about this because in the skaven book it says something to the effect that a role of a 13 will always count as IF before modifiers, while BC specifically says that the 6's rolled do not count towards IF. It seems like there are two rules that are both absolutes that go against each other.

2. Does the mark of Khorne for WoC effect the mount as well or just the warrior because it says for the mark of Khorne that the "model with the Mark of Khorne is subject to Frenzy." I'm assuming that for knights the "model" would include the horse as well. Please let me know if I'm wrong.

Thanks for the help guys and please give references if possible.

Ultimate Life Form
29-06-2009, 04:54
1. We had a thread on this recently which was inconclusive to say the least. (Hint: I'm always right).

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204710

2. Mount and Rider share psychological effects as per the standard rules, so frenzy is shared as well. Wait a sec and I may look it up.

There it is, BRB p79, explicitly mentions Frenzy as shared among other things which would be Fear/Terror, Stupidity, Immune to Psych/Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn, Unbreakable.

greenmonsta
29-06-2009, 05:03
Yea, I can definitely see how this could go both ways. It's just that BC specifically states IF, so wouldn't still apply to skaven?

Necromancy Black
29-06-2009, 05:23
If Skaven roll a natural 13 but one dice is a 6 and is removed, the IF is stopped.

Of course if removing the 6 makes it a 13 then it's fair to say they'll get IF from it!

As Becalming says, 6's won't count towards IF. So the Skaven player can't count them towards a 13 for IF.

Ultimate Life Form
29-06-2009, 05:26
The way I see this:

EVENT: Skaven Casting Roll

Skaven player rolls:
6+6+1
Becalming Cogitation kicks in, removing 6's:
(6)+(6)+1
Remaining dice:
Checking unmodified result:
Modifyers of any kind (lets assume -1 to casting):
1-(1)

Result:0

This is because BC says 6's are discarded which I define as being nonexistent. The BC entry specifically states that they do not count towards IF. Now watch the following example:

EVENT: Skaven Casting Roll

Skaven player rolls:
6+5+5+3
Becalming Cogitation kicks in, removing 6's:
(6)+5+5+3
Remaining dice:
5+5+3
Checking unmodified result:
13!
Applying IRRESISTABLE FORCE rule
Modifyers of any kind (lets assume -1 to casting):
13-(1)

Result:12/IRRESISTABLE FORCE

greenmonsta
29-06-2009, 05:28
That makes sense. Thanks for the help.

hohenheim
01-07-2009, 01:14
1. We had a thread on this recently which was inconclusive to say the least. (Hint: I'm always right).

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=204710

2. Mount and Rider share psychological effects as per the standard rules, so frenzy is shared as well. Wait a sec and I may look it up.

There it is, BRB p79, explicitly mentions Frenzy as shared among other things which would be Fear/Terror, Stupidity, Immune to Psych/Panic, Hatred, Frenzy, Stubborn, Unbreakable.

Kind of a general frenzy question:

The rulebook says a frenzied unit must charge if there is a unit "within the unit's charge move and in their normal arc of sight". Does this mean that they must declare a charge if there is a friendly unit blocking movement for most of the models? i.e. Does the frenzied unit have to declare a charge if the charge would definitely fail?

FFFFF <- frenzied unit
AAA <- allied unit (cannot move out of the way)

EEEEE <- enemy unit

Nurgling Chieftain
01-07-2009, 20:22
Does the frenzied unit have to declare a charge if the charge would definitely fail?No; it's their charge reach which is key. So, unless something happens in the interim (such as their target fleeing as a charge reaction!), a frenzied charge won't fail.

Caboose123
02-07-2009, 02:13
None of these questions have to do with Generals. *groan*

Otherwise, I agree with ULF and Nurgling Chieftain.