PDA

View Full Version : Chariots versus Strength 7 hits.

InqMefisto
29-06-2009, 18:32
Following a discussion with a Tomb Kings player at my local gaming club he told me that this rule had been revoked by the latest FAQ for Warhammer. I've looked on the GW FAQs and website without finding the correction.

Is he merely trying to stop me smashing his chariots apart with a single blow or have I overlooked the correction/rule change.

Thanks for any help with this - i've put it here rather than rumours as he sounded very convincing.
m.

Spirit
29-06-2009, 18:37
The rule is still there, it will be in the chariot section of the rulebook.

Edit: Page 63, high strength hits.

Which means if you hit a unit of chariots, each successful S7 wound (after any armour or ward) will destroy a separate chariot. So a character with 3 attacks and S7 can destroy 3 chariots in one combat phase.

theunwantedbeing
29-06-2009, 18:38
Is he merely trying to stop me smashing his chariots apart with a single blow or have I overlooked the correction/rule change.

Yup he's lying.

Feel free to check for yourself (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?categoryId=1000018&pIndex=1&aId=3000006&start=2).

Generally, when a rule is claimed to be changed in such a manner that it grants the person arguing that change a very significant boost in some way (in this case survivability), that person should always be assumed to be lying unless they can prove it.

No need to feel bad about it either, people who cheat like that need to be stopped in their tracks.
If they were genuinely mislead, then I'm sure they'll want to see the proof that they were misguided as well.

Witchblade
29-06-2009, 18:49
and don't forget the 3 points of CR you get for every wound. ;)

InqMefisto
29-06-2009, 21:36
Awesome - many thanks for the assistance.