PDA

View Full Version : Warband Campaigns and Miscast

Ultimate Life Form
30-06-2009, 00:10
Well, inspired by the other miscast thread...

I always wondered how the miscast table would affect a Warband campaign. The results in question are of course 2 and 10-11.

2 would imply the wizard is completely annihilated rather than just damaged. Is he removed from the roster or does he roll for serious injuries as normal? I'd say the latter because the Warband rules say every model that was removed during the game must roll on the Serious Injury Chart.

10-11 says the caster loses a magic level but does not state the duration (unlike 12 which says "during this battle"). Does it carry over to the next game?

If these two results were permanent effects, it would be rather harsh on the wizards...
Having a mundane L0 caster in your Warband would be kind of embarrassing...:rolleyes:

puppetmaster24
30-06-2009, 00:15
i think a roll on the critical injuries table would be more fair.

xragg
30-06-2009, 00:25
2 result: He is removed from the game, just like any other casualty (as stated). The fluff is what makes it sound like he is gone for the campaign, but you are also assuming Tzeentch keeps him in the chaos rift. Tzeentch could easily get bored with the caster after a while, and drop him back into the campaign, with who knows what serious injuries (which you roll for).

10-11 result: It would really depend on your campaign how you treat that one.

rtunian
30-06-2009, 15:00
how to do it fairly depends on how you've already decided to do magic in your campaign:

- if you have casters roll once for spells and that's it for the whole campaign, then he loses the spell permanently

- if you have casters roll for spells at the start of each game, then he just loses the spell for the one game

death also depends on you. if you wanted to be raw about it, then any death would constitute a roll on the injury table. but i would say that its more fluffy for the miscast results that end in the wizard taking hits to be potentially cancelled by the injury table, but results that end the wizard (like the one where he is instantly slain) actually end the wizard.

for example, the o&g miscast where it says "all that's left is a puddle of green goo" or whatever, there's not enough of the shaman left to even put back together :p

Mercules
30-06-2009, 15:57
how to do it fairly depends on how you've already decided to do magic in your campaign:

- if you have casters roll once for spells and that's it for the whole campaign, then he loses the spell permanently

- if you have casters roll for spells at the start of each game, then he just loses the spell for the one game

death also depends on you. if you wanted to be raw about it, then any death would constitute a roll on the injury table. but i would say that its more fluffy for the miscast results that end in the wizard taking hits to be potentially cancelled by the injury table, but results that end the wizard (like the one where he is instantly slain) actually end the wizard.

for example, the o&g miscast where it says "all that's left is a puddle of green goo" or whatever, there's not enough of the shaman left to even put back together :p

Yes, but by the same factor Killing Blows, by fluff, are things that do not allow regeneration like decapitating your foe. Why would you be able to heal from having your head cut off but not being turned into goo? :)

rtunian
30-06-2009, 18:11
becuz orcs is tuffa den 'umies ??
lol i got nothin

xragg
30-06-2009, 19:36
Yes, but by the same factor Killing Blows, by fluff, are things that do not allow regeneration like decapitating your foe. Why would you be able to heal from having your head cut off but not being turned into goo? :)

Thread 'n needle, generous amounts of superglue, and a roll of duct tape