PDA

View Full Version : new DE army in the works.

Eulogy2
30-06-2009, 03:27
so i finally decided to go with dark elves for my second army, and im shooting for a balanced 1500 point list. this is what ive come up with so far( i just bought the batallion box, and 2 boxes of warriors tonight)

Master, BSB, great weapon, armor of darkness

Lvl 2 Sorceress, lifetaker

25 warriors with full command and shields

10 crossbowmen with shields

6 harpies

5 dark riders with xbows

6 shades with great weapons

5 cold one knights with standard

14 black guard with standard and musician and ASF banner

7 Executioners

1 bolt thrower

this is about 1450 points as is so it gives me room to play

i know everyone thinks executioners suck, but the models are cool as hell and i think they will do ok as a flanker for the BG or warrior units. though if i try them and dont like them, i can easily swap em for a cold one chariot. the harpies and shades can do my war machine duties.

im kinda concerned about being magic "light" at 1500, but i sorceress's arent cheap at 100 points each. im debating dropping lifetaker for a dispell scroll, but i really like that crossbow.

to expand to 2k id add a hydra, and probably another lvl 2 sorceress, but i wanna nail this out first.

PeeKay
30-06-2009, 13:14
The sorceress will need to be the general because the master is a BSB. A BSB can not be army general.

The SkaerKrow
30-06-2009, 17:21
Looks like a fairly solid list. In most other armies a single Level 2 caster may be wholly insufficient, but the Power of Darkness should give your Sorceress a chance to do some damage. Alternatively, instead of the Lifetaker you may want to consider either the Seal of Ghrond (for defensive purposes) or the Darkstar Cloak (the offensive counterpart).

I'm not entirely certain that the BSB is necessary at 1,500 points. You might be better off taking him as a regular Master so that you have the benefit of a Leadership 9 General.

Eulogy2
30-06-2009, 23:46
***edited***

i didnt realize it but i had 4 specials in there so this is the revised list

Master, great weapon, armor of darkness

Lvl 2 Sorceress, darkstar cloak

assassin /w extra hand weapon, manbane and rune of khane

20 warriors with musician, standard and shields

10 crossbowmen with shields

6 harpies

5 dark riders with xbows

6 shades with great weapons

5 cold one knights with standard of slaughter and champ

14 black guard with standard and musician and ASF banner

1 bolt thrower

i decided the logical drop was the executioners, though i really want to try them out. i really dont think this is a cheesy army at all, though i may drop the ASF banner but i dont see it letting me get anything cooler in place of it. thanks for the idea with the cloak too btw.

Quetzl
01-07-2009, 00:26
Hey mate, nice looking list. One thing I'd apply change to make it a little more effective would be to shrink the Warrior unit down to 20 instead of 25. You won't need the extra guys, people aren't gonna be shooting/magicing them unless they're idiots - there's a lot of other stuff they're gonna have to worry about.

With the spare points add the banner of slaughter to the knights, it gives them that extra punch to break a unit. It'll work wonders in flanks as it can get rid of any bonus' they may have - it even sometimes works when you barge straight into the front of things.

Eulogy2
01-07-2009, 03:12
thanks! i dropped the warriors down to 20( i think your right, 25 is probably too many in 1500 points), added the slaughter banner to the knights, and i dropped the champ on the warrior unit and put a champ in the knight unit.

now that i think about it, can assassins be challenged? and if so then i think i should keep the warriors champ.