PDA

View Full Version : Template weapons question

nickdahkwik
30-06-2009, 17:07
I have an Empire army that uses the mortar alot! this has the large template...also pigeon bombs.(small template)

My question is this:

When a template weapon hits a unit like skeletons or whatever...lets say it lands on partials/ or completly under for my opponents command group can i actually kill the command group or do i just remove "normal" models from his unit?

also is this just for circular type template weapons...does this also work with the dragon template also? are they all defined as "template weapon attacks?"

rtunian
30-06-2009, 17:12
you don't ever kill standard bearers or musicians, and champions benefit from "look out sir!" if there are 5 or more rank and file in the unit

jrodrag
01-07-2009, 00:36
Well you can kill standards and musicians. However, they are always the last to go, except the champion. So once all of the identical guys are gone and you have just the command, then the owner can pull the command models as he sees fit, most of the time. This is a good way to deny points for standards if the right conditions are met. It is really good if your unit is unbreakable or crumbles/instability as well.