PDA

View Full Version : i need a project

Amr40
30-06-2009, 23:22
hello all, i am sick and tired of painting eldar jetbikes and i have decided i need a painting project, any suggestions of good models i could paint?

just a single mini, needs to be cheap.

Thanks,

Serebrate
30-06-2009, 23:28
A guardian.

An exarch. An autarch. The avatar. A swooping hawk. A wraithlord.

Just browse GW's website to see if anything catches your fancy. Otherwise, go on ebay and get it cheaper or possibly and OoP model.

Troah
30-06-2009, 23:29
The Warp....Paint The Warp.

Creeping Dementia
30-06-2009, 23:32
Sisters of Battle Canoness or Celestine. Sisters models are just awesome and the detail they have is great. Now that I've finished my Tau I've picked up 2000pts of Sisters as a good painting project.

Scorcher505
01-07-2009, 00:11
A Grey Knight Terminator. Awesome model, gives you some options for customization of heraldry (lil shields on them and such). I love the model

eltanko
01-07-2009, 00:21
Or for a real task buy something BIG, adn Avatar (if you dont already have one) Bloodthirster, etc. might be able to get one cheaper online, ebay?
failing that, i agree with the celestine, very nice model indeed.

ElTanko

Petay1985
01-07-2009, 07:51
A singular space marine hero - either from the HQ range (master of the recruits maybe?) or from the elite range (a sternguard or vanguard veteran perhaps?)

Hell i decided to paint a 'one off model' and it inspired me to do a 900pts force!! :)

genestealer_baldric
01-07-2009, 08:04
a hive tyrant or a carnifex are allways so much fun to paint and style

Ter
01-07-2009, 13:00
One rank and file modell from any faction. Put on all the extra bits it could have, do some minor conversion and paint it up the best way you can. Try new techniqeus and ideas.

Like i want to make a simple shoota boy/kommando with shoota (DoW 2 style)as if it would be a special character.

EVIL INC
01-07-2009, 13:06
hello all, i am sick and tired of painting eldar jetbikes and i have decided i need a painting project, any suggestions of good models i could paint?

Thanks,
i found years ago that minis painted to the best of your ability make great presents to loved ones or as tokens of respect to someone you hold in high esteem. Half the fun is picking the perfect model to convey the feeling. I have done a wide variety thisway and they have always been well recieved. Also good in that you dont have to use your "reguler" color scheme. For example, one of the models I gave my exwife was a sister seraphin sarge. Her favorite color is green so I painted the armor different shades of it. Sisters dont usually wear green armor and I dont usually paint a lot of green on my models.

Bellygrub
01-07-2009, 15:05
i found years ago that minis painted to the best of your ability make great presents to loved ones or as tokens of respect to someone you hold in high esteem. .

Following that logic: Do you have a friend or family member who likes LoTR? Paint up a character model or two from that line for them. Make a mini display scene from the film.

Forlorn
01-07-2009, 15:43

Thanks,

I have a ton of sh-- err models that need painted. If you're free on weekends stop by and I'll put you to work.

Dr. Hellbeast
01-07-2009, 15:50
One rank and file modell from any faction. Put on all the extra bits it could have, do some minor conversion and paint it up the best way you can. Try new techniqeus and ideas.

Like i want to make a simple shoota boy/kommando with shoota (DoW 2 style)as if it would be a special character.

Inspired by this idea, why not pick up a troop from each race and paint them up to represent The Changeling?

Cyme
01-07-2009, 16:13
Ork Storm Boyz

Single models from GW are not very cheap anymore but a box of 5 of the Storm Boyz from the warstore only runs about $20 and you have a plethora of conversion and pose options. Plus orks is crazy - so you can do nearly anything to them paint wise and they still look like orks.

Even better if you have or want to start a small ork force, and the new models look 100X orkier than the old ones.

pookie
01-07-2009, 16:22
Eldar Solitare, one of the nicest modles around.

TimLeeson
01-07-2009, 17:00
How about buying one of those snap-fit plastic sets ? cheap and gives you something small and manageable to work with.

LonelyPath
01-07-2009, 17:04
Any Grey Knights mniature, they're all fantastic to paint with all the little details.

TheBigBadWolf
01-07-2009, 19:28
What about the SM Terminator Chaplain or Librarian, or some of the new IG models, the commisars or the support staff, astropaths etc.

All characterfull models with a variety of painting options :)

world in grey
01-07-2009, 20:56
I've just picked up some harliquins at a painting project there are so many ways to paint them and so many details you can work into them

The True Mooseman
01-07-2009, 21:08
The new Regimental Advisors. They are fantastic sculpts, really different to each other and to most things in 40k, full of character and most assuredly not an eldar jetbike. They are, in my opinion, the best models to come along in some time, and I don't even play guard.

Clang
01-07-2009, 21:39
Make yourself some Eldar versions of the new Planetstrike defences.

BayHammer
01-07-2009, 22:04
if you want a project that might give back I just announced the contest here (http://bayhammer.blogspot.com/)