PDA

View Full Version : 1500 point DE list update

Firebreather
01-07-2009, 00:00
Hey there once again everyone. I've been working on making a Dark Elf list for myself a while now, and am finally starting to come up with something I like the look and feel of. The following list isn't complete or set in stone, and that's where you folks come in. I'm looking for your advice on what magic items to add, what characters should be added to round me out, etc. Anything you can think of adding/changing to get this list to the 1500 point mark would be insanely helpful. Thanks.

Master-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
Cold One

Assassin-
Additional Hand Weapon
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

20 Dark Elf Warriors-
full cmd.
Shields

15 Dark Elf Warriors-
full cmd.
Shields

12 Black Ark Corsairs

10 Repeater Crossbowmen

5 Cold One Knights-
full cmd.

15 Black Guard-
full cmd.

Reaper Bolt Thrower

current Total-1256pts.

So, if you have any ideas in finishing this list, please, do share!

PeeKay
01-07-2009, 08:12
There are 2 things that stand out from your list:-
1) No magic defence/attack
2) No units to bait, redirect and warmachine killing

You do not have enough points to get a sorceress and then anything else so look for items to give you some magic defense. The usual ring of hotek, null stones, etc.

You will need either Dark Riders or Harpies to do the baiting, redirecting, etc. Two units of 5 DR will finish your list quite nicely. DR are less throw away than harpies but suits the mood of your list more.

Firebreather
01-07-2009, 16:11
Great, thanks for the advice, PeeKay. I know about the lack of magic defense, and definately many of the magic items I choose will be in an effort to hamper my opponent's magic. Also, I like your idea on the Dark Riders, and how they suit the mood of my list better. It's themed towards being a raiding force from Clar Karond, so yeah, that works. Okay, thanks for the advice, and I'll see what I can do about finishing it up!

Firebreather
01-07-2009, 16:31
So, here's the "finished" list. Let me know what you think.

Master-
Heavy Armour
Shield
Sea Dragon Cloak
Cold One
Sword of Might
Seal of Ghrond

Assassin-
Additional Hand Weapon
Rune of Khaine
Manbane

20 Dark Elf Warriors-
full cmd.
Shields

15 Dark Elf Warriors-
full cmd.
Shields

12 Corsairs-
Reaver

10 Repeater Crossbowmen-
Guardmaster

6 Dark Riders-
Musician

5 Cold One Knights-
full cmd.
Ring of Hotek

15 Black Guard-
full cmd.
Standard of Hag Graef
Null Talisman

Reaper Bolt Thrower

TOTAL-1500pts.

PeeKay
02-07-2009, 08:48
Looks good to me. I am not sure on the Reaver and Guardmaster but I guess you did that fill points.

Hopefull someone else will comment and give you some more suggestions/endorsement

The SkaerKrow
02-07-2009, 13:30
I would be inclined to drop the Corsairs in favor of a Cold One Chariot or a second Reaper Bolt Thrower and perhaps some Repeater Crossbows for your Dark Riders. Otherwise, it looks sound to me.