PDA

View Full Version : WOC Unmarked... Can it be competetive?

TroyJPerez
01-07-2009, 07:33
Most of the time I take Mark of Slaanesh cause its cheap and give me immunity to all those nasy panic, terror and fear tests. As well as preventing me from needing snake eyes when outnumbered by fear causers. But I was considering going unmarked, to make it more of a challenge. I think it could be competetive, any thoughts?

Griffery
01-07-2009, 07:52
It can be, but it is much tougher to use and also I strongly dislike it. You have to actually think about terror and fear tests, especially against vamps or TK. If you are up to the challenge and looking for something different go for it.

Esco Thomson
01-07-2009, 13:52
I ran a list with only the characters marked, and let me tell you that psychology broke my ****...

In all three games there were situations that hurt me a LOT by not shelling the points out for the Mark of Slaanesh. Now I am going to go back and tweak things to fit it back in, thought I could skimp on it to save points, but it ends up not being worth it to me.

Witchblade
01-07-2009, 15:48
A troll list or a knight list could maybe pull it off, but it certainly will never be optimal.

bork da basher
01-07-2009, 20:40
the only marks i take are on charecters, my army has done really well without. i think sometimes less is more with chaos.

grhino
10-07-2009, 10:08
Mark of Khorne and Slaanesh are really good on units. Tzeench on knights is worth the poinst as well, since you only need to save one knight to make up for the points, and it makes a nice combo with Blasted Standard.

Even though you do get a re-roll with Mark of Chaos Undivided, the leadership is poor and certain units are just too expensive to risk running away for some simple reason such as panic.