PDA

View Full Version : 1500 Goblins - Highly Themed List

RogalDorn
01-07-2009, 08:52
Goblai Khan, the "Green Terror" of the Steppes
101 Goblin Big Boss- Light Armor, Shield, Wolf, Martog's Best Basha, Collar of Zorga, Imbad's Iron Gnashas

Mulag the Banna Wava
101 Goblin Big Boss - Light Armor, Shield, Wolf, BSB, Rowdy Grott's Big Red Raggedy Banner

The Khan's Chosen
212 13x Goblin Wolf Riders - Spears, Shields, Full Command

1st Wing
84 6x Wolf Riders - Short Bows, Musician

2nd Wing

Infantry Detachments
140 30x Goblins - Shields, Full Command

140 30x Goblins - Shields, Full Command

108 22x Goblins - Shields, Full Command

1st Wing Support
60 Goblin Wolf Chariot

2nd Wing Support
60 Goblin Wolf Chariot

Artillery Support
35 Goblin Spear Chukka

35 Goblin Spear Chukka

Total Models: 135 (not including Crew)
Power Dice: 2
Dispel Dice: 2

So, obviously this is themed around Mongols and their great Khan. Thus, no magic, but lots of Wolf Riders and lowered Infantry Support. I stuck the artillery in there to reflect the Mongols' way of acquiring new tactics and methods of war as they went on the warpath.

Do you guys think this is a fun list? Any historical discrepencies? I saw the Reman Legions on another site, and now I want to do battle with it! Historical Fantasy armies will clash in epic conquest! :D

Eulogy2
01-07-2009, 12:53
i dont play goblins, but i play against them alot and i can tell you units of 20 goblins arent enough to do anything. they need to be atleast 30 strong unless you just want them as throw away units. its amazingly much harder to force panic checks on 30, than it is 20.

other than that i like your idea.

The Cowslayer
01-07-2009, 12:54
looks like a fun list although your really dont have a lot of punch.

and one thing: i think you have used 1 too many special choice, as wolfchariots dont count as 2 for 1 anymore. maybe drop the lobba for a doomdiver? would make it fit.

rtunian
01-07-2009, 13:45
cowslayer is right, 4 specials requires 2k+ points

imo, you would do well to make some changes in your list:
- drop the 13 wolf rider unit (too big & fast cav doesn't get rank bonus)
- add a 3rd hero
- put all 3 heroes on chariots
- trade the raggedy banner for magic items on bsb
- drop 1 goblin unit, increasing other 2 goblin units to 30
- drop the extra wolf & crew on chariots

did you know that if you put an extra steed on a chariot, that the chariot is supposed to go on a wider base? a 3-wolf chariot is to be 75x100 (find a post by urgat, and check the official gw base chart in his signature). getting 1 extra wolf attack is NEVER worth getting 2 more enemies in base to base contact with the chariot.

RogalDorn
01-07-2009, 19:04
Oh, crap, you guys are right, I have too many specials! I'll drop the Lobba and fidget around with it.

@rtunian: The 13 Wolf Rider unit isn't Fast Cavalry, so it can get Rank Bonus.
I'll drop the crew, I didn't know that about the wider base! 30 Goblins each? Eh, why not. And I like my big red banner, I don't know if I'll change that!

Thanks for the replies, everyone.

EDIT: I edited the list above, I have two units of 30 Goblins and one of 20, is this going to be ok?

Eulogy2
01-07-2009, 19:15
i think so, just as long as you dont expect them to win you any combats straight up. from what ive seen 20 amn goblin units are fine as long as your using them to redirect/slow down something and realize they are expenable.

i would also recommend netters for the 30 man combat units if that isnt a night goblin only thing.

rtunian
01-07-2009, 22:40
um... how are the wolf riders not fast cavalry?

HisBrettness
01-07-2009, 23:22
erm,... is your general a Warboss, or did I miscalculate something?
I would add a Shaman on Chariot with a scroll and the crimson bauble. He fits with the fluff and is a lot of fun to play! And I would add spears to all Wolfriders.

Greetings from a fellow goblin^^

Lord Hurin
01-07-2009, 23:46
um... how are the wolf riders not fast cavalry?

They have shields and come with light armour.

rtunian
02-07-2009, 05:04
They have shields and come with light armour.

i didn't believe it, even after checking the army entry. what a ridiculous tradeoff... another example of "warhammer logic is not equal to real logic". anyway, it's only the upgrade with shields that cancels the fast cav.

RogalDorn
02-07-2009, 19:45
erm,... is your general a Warboss, or did I miscalculate something?
I would add a Shaman on Chariot with a scroll and the crimson bauble. He fits with the fluff and is a lot of fun to play! And I would add spears to all Wolfriders.

Greetings from a fellow goblin^^

I have no idea what you're talking about! :rolleyes:

And thanks for the greetings!