PDA

View Full Version : 2250pt allround High Elf List need Guidence

coldblooded
01-07-2009, 12:14
Ok ppl im putten 2gether a high elf list that i want to be competitive so here it is. tell me what is good and bad :p

Lord
Prince 301pts
Halberd, Great Eagle, Bow of the Sea Farer, Armour of Caledor, Talisman of Protection

Heroes
Mage 175pts
Lvl2, 2x scroll

Mage 185pts
Lvl2, Silver Wand, Ring of Fury

Nobel 218pts
Dragon Armour, Shield, Barded Eleven Steed, BSB, Battle Banner

Core
21 Spearmen 224pts
Standard, Musician, War Banner

10 Archers 110pts

Special
14 White Lions 290pts
Command, Banner of Sorcerry

Lion Chariot 140pts

6 Dragon Princes 245pts
Command, Banner of Ellyrian

5 Ellyrian Reavers 112pts
Musciain, Bows

2 Repeater Bolt Throwers 200pts

Great Eagle 50pts

Total 2250pts

Plan is to take out enamy heavy cav wit Princes Bow down the flanks whjile the rest of my magis missiles and bow fire take ranks off enemy units and finish em off wit my blocks. i will use the bsb and Dragon Princes to take out one flank and then push to the center or to enemies missel weapons/ this will depend on my oppent thou. So what do u's think :)

Aceious
01-07-2009, 16:46
The lord on an egale... not so sure that is good for competition. Any shooty army will have your lord down in turn 1, or he will always be faced with numbers and ranks due to the fact I believe he would only be unit str 4, meaning no flank or rear charge bonus. Seems you have a pretty solid list save for the lord in my opinion. Field him on a dragon?, or even on foot, but if he is on foot give him a great weapon, even if he is on a dragon give him a great weapon, str 5 all round and if his mount is killed str 6 and he still strikes 1st. The bsb you should be careful with, they tend to get cut down when in smaller units like DP. I know they can be awesome but just be careful because you can't deny a challenge, so after the champ he is up... (only 1 rank) Best of luck to you. Also think of some swordmasters maybe.

coldblooded
01-07-2009, 20:17
True welll ima try the prince on eagle and see how it goes i reckon if u use him welll he would work wonders. do u think i should scrap a mage and banner of sorcerry which will give me 235pts for more troops say 14 swordmasters or try cut down and get a dragon in there.

Desert Rain
01-07-2009, 22:30
It looks fine to me. The Eagle-Lord isn't used very often but that build can be potentially nasty.