PDA

View Full Version : Harlequins

HonourThyMaster
01-07-2009, 11:49
Dont know if iv put this in the right sections but:

Can you put harlequins into a transport?

I dont know if im just reading into it to much but in the eldar codex everything that can be put into a transport has it written that they can be given a transport but for the Harlequins it doesnt say anythin about being able to give them a transport to put them in.

So am i thinkin to much about this or are them ment to stay walkin on the ground.

Radium
01-07-2009, 11:52
They can't take a transport. They can however, enter an empty transport during the game.

Irisado
01-07-2009, 12:17
Harlequins cannot have a dedicated transport purchased for them, although they can technically borrow one during the game from another unit. They can also technically ride in the Falcon.

The reason why I say technically is that it is against Eldar and Harlequin background for them to use Craftworld transports, so if you want to follow the background, they wouldn't use one at all.

pookie
01-07-2009, 13:27
The reason why I say technically is that it is against Eldar and Harlequin background for them to use Craftworld transports, so if you want to follow the background, they wouldn't use one at all.

tahst the only Logical Reason i can think of too, though prev incarnations had them riding a converted Vyper/Raider. ( and in years gone by even Land raiders )

WodenMHC
01-07-2009, 13:42
Additionally, they are quite fast on their feet without a transport. I generally save the transports for the units that need to get out a blast, and the Harlequins can foot it out on their own.

As noted, they can get into transports during the game, so if you absolutely have to get them somewhere 24" away, they can borrow one.

Thanks for your time!

Irisado
01-07-2009, 15:21
tahst the only Logical Reason i can think of too, though prev incarnations had them riding a converted Vyper/Raider. ( and in years gone by even Land raiders )

They certainly did, I agree.

I believe you are thinking of the Venom, which is a dedicated Harlequin transport, and back in Rogue Trader they used to scavenge old Imperial vehicles, and they used to have Jetbikes and Harlequin Dreadnoughts too.

All of this is why, in my opinion, they should have their own Codex, and be part of the Eldar Codex, as there is so much more to Harlequins than is suggested by their entry in the current Codex, and fielding them as a separate army would also remove a lot of the background issues surrounding their inclusion in Eldar lists in my view.