PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 1500 point force...take 2

Firebreather
01-07-2009, 21:03
Hey there everyone. This is my second attempt at putting together a reasonable 1500 point Lizardmen list. Please let me know what you think...

Gar-Loq
Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Piranha Blade
Enchanted Shield

Tihex-inzi
Skink Priest-
Level 2
Engine of the Gods
Diadem of Power

20 Saurus Warriors-
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spears

14 Skinks-
1 Kroxigor

10 Skink Skirmishers

5 Cold One Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer

15 Temple Guard-
Revered Guardian
Musician
Standard Bearer

TOTAL-1500pts.

Eulogy2
02-07-2009, 01:13
you have the right idea, it just needs some tweaking:)

temple guard arent worth it without a slann. if you want a solid rank n file block turn them into 18 saurus with spears, and run them 6x3. saurus this way putout 24 S4 attacks, and not to many things can take them head on. id also drop the other unit to 18 as well, though 20 is fine if your opponent has shooting/artillery.

champs arent really worth it in saurus units either, it costs alot of points for that one extra attack.

if you could squeeze in a unit fo 3 or 4 terradons they would help you alot.

Firebreather
02-07-2009, 03:06
Hmmm, okay thanks, Eulogy...I'll see what I can do about taking some of your advice. I thought regardless of the lack of a Slann, the Temple Guard would still prove to be nasty...but I see your point. Consider them put off until the 2000 point level where I do indeed have a Slann.

I was thinking I'd need some Terradons or such like, and so I'll take that advice as well and see what I can do about squeezing in three of them...Okay, back to the drawing board I go.

One other thought I've had is how would it be to, instead of the Skink Priest with the Engine of the Gods, have a Skink Chief with the War-spear on a Stegadon, backed up by a purely defensive-oriented Priest and maybe a Scar-Vet? It would certainly save a few points, and still leave me with a big, tough heavy hitting Steg...What do you think, decent or not?

Firebreather
02-07-2009, 03:21
Okay, the revised list. Let me know if I'm going in the right direction...

Gar-Loq
Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Piranha Blade
Enchanted Shield

Tihex-inzi
Skink Priest-
Level 2
Engine of the Gods
Diadem of Power

18 Saurus Warriors-
Champion
Musician
Standard Bearer
Spears

17 Saurus Warriors-
Musician
Standard Bearer
*Gar-Loq accompanies this unit

14 Skinks-
1 Kroxigor

10 Skink Skirmishers

3 Terradon Riders

5 Cold One Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer

TOTAL-1496pts.

Eulogy2
02-07-2009, 15:10
thats an improved list imo.

the reason TG arent worth it without a slann is they are basically expensive saurus. they wont have stubborn or ITP without him and with all the extra attacks the saurus get you, the saurus will usually cause the same number, if not more wounds. TG are mostly good at not dying.

you need spears on the other saurus unit. even if you have to drop them down to 12 to get spears it would be well worth it. for 1 point all those second rank models get 2 attacks each.

if dropping them down to 12 and adding spears frees up enough points for a 4th terradon that would be excellent. if not dropping the champ from the other saurus unit would be worth it if it frees up 30 points. 4 terradons are much more useful than 3. with 3 if one dies you can no longer bust ranks from flank or rear charges.

at 1500 points, the EOTG or warspear steg will probably dominate. either way is fine, id personally go with the EOTG for the magic.

Firebreather
03-07-2009, 02:17
Thanks again, Eulogy.

Now, this is a bit different. This is my latest thinking for a 1500 point force I'd enjoy, and it contains something I haven't seen much of...a Skink Chief on a Terradon! I thought it'd be a good choice to give my Terradon unit a little extra muscle perhaps, and...just something a little left of centre. Here's the list, please let me know what you think.

Gar-Loq
Saurus Scar-Veteran-
Light Armour
Shield
Cold One
Burning Blade of Chotec
Glyph Necklace

Tihex'inzi
Skink Priest-
Level 2
Engine of the Gods
Diadem of Power
Blood Statuette of Spite

Guanchi
Skink Chief-
Light Armour
Shield
Terradon
Sword of Might

15 Saurus Warriors-
full cmd.
Spears

15 Saurus Warriors-
full cmd.
Spears

10 Skink Skirmishers

3 Terradon Riders

5 Cold One Cavalry-
Musician
Standard Bearer

TOTAL-1497pts.

esternaefil
03-07-2009, 21:17
I think that you still really don't want the champions in the saurus units, they are just eating up a whole lot of points. the reason why the skink commander on terradon is not common is because he's just not very good. He's only just as good as a normal terradon rider at doing what terradon riders do best (harrass flanks, and chase fleeing units off the board), and he's no better than a normal terradon rider at doing what terradon riders are bad at (staying alive, standing and fighting).

I think that you are throwing away a fair number of points there, with the points you are saving, you can almost afford another unit of skink skirmishers (you can easily afford this), or perhaps a salamander or two (you can almost afford two sallies)

I would probably take a unit of skirmishers, and then play around with yoru magic: the glyph pendant is not the most efficient choice: I would take an enchanted shield instead... that will confer you a very strong 1+ save on your cold one, while you will still be affording -4 to armor saves with your burning sword.

this gives you an additional 66 points to play with. Maybe some more terradons...

Maybe you can juggle a few things around and get a scroll caddy...