PDA

View Full Version : Fast/Mobile Monster Mash [2k]

mickjagger
01-07-2009, 21:10
[560] Dreadlord - Dragon, Crimson Death, Pendant of Khaeleth, Ring of Hotek, Heavy Armor, Shield, Sea Dragon Cloak

[309] Master - Manticore, Armour of Darkness, Lance

[55] Harpies (5x)
[55] Harpies (5x)
[55] Harpies (5x)
[55] Harpies (5x)

[92] Dark Riders (5x) - Musician

[133] Shades (7x) - GW
[133] Shades (7x) - GW

[175] War Hydra
[175] War Hydra

Total: 1981

In a nut-shell, this army will play extremely aggressively, relying on the shades/harpies/dark riders to bait/harass/march-block/even flank when necessary and give my army a very fluid, mobile element.

The hydras and the two US5 heroes are the "blunt objects" of the list that work in coordination with the other units and are fast/durable enough to suck it up for a couple turns as I set-up for prime charging locations. I'll have to be more careful with where I fly the manticore master as he is much more fragile than the hydras/dragon lord. Keeping him out of harms way shouldn't be too too hard considering all of the other big monsters the enemy has to worry about.

I really am not too concerned with a lot of magic defense. The ring of hotek on the nearly indestructible dragon lord will keep my elves protected against most medium/high level spells, and with all of my flyers/scouts/fast cavalry I shouldn't have too hard of a time getting to pesky magic missile spammers quickly and putting a hateful, elfy choke on them.

On a side note, I really did want to incorporate corsairs (2 small units of them) but I cannot really think of how they would fit in tactically. Essentially, corsairs are more durable than dark riders, cheaper, and apply the interesting "slavers" rule to any combat they are in, however, they are not nearly as mobile and do not hit quite as hard...

PeeKay
02-07-2009, 09:18
I'm not sure how your opponent will play against you with this list. I would ignore the harpies and the Dark Riders, if I can, as in most cases they would not hurt me. That would leave me the Hydras, Shades and characters. I would possibly magic missile the shades, march block the Hydra's and shoot the Dragon and Mandicore (ideal world). Once the characters are on foot they will not be as effective. Lot's of if's and maybe's but list like this don't give me a reason to come out of my deployment zone

Violadudester
02-07-2009, 18:43
Interesting list, I like it.

You will have to be lucky for a turn or two vs. enemy shooting at your big monsters, combined surgical strikes with the Dragon/Manticore will help a lot of course. If I were to face this, I would turtle.

Your magic item selection is sound, I think a RoD on your Master would warrant better for survivability of the fragile mount. Otherwise let us know how the list fares!