PDA

View Full Version : Possible Houston Bayou Battles Druchii list, 2250.

Violadudester
01-07-2009, 21:24
Dreadlord: Soulrender, Armor of Darkness, Pendant of Kaeleth.
215pts.

Sorceress: 2xDispel Scroll.
150pts.

Death Hag: Cauldron of Blood, BSB.
225pts.

1 Assassin: 2xHW, Rune of Khaine, Touch of Death, Black Lotus.
171pts.

24 Warriors: HW, LA, Spear, Shield, FC.
183pts.

2x5 Dark Riders: HW, LA, Spear, Musician.
194pts.

2x5 Harpies
110pts.

17 Witch Elves: FC Banner of Murder.
220pts.

17 Black Guard: HA, Halberd, FC, Standard w/Banner of Har Ganeth, Champion w/Whip of Agony.
316pts.

5 Shades: RxB, GW.
90pts.

War Hydra.
175pts.

2xRBT
200pts.

Total: 2249pts.

I am thinking about dropping the RBT's for another War Hydra as my army is mainly cc focused, however I am leaning towards keeping them so I can whittle down/FF annoyances that might come my way. Also, would the Ring of Hotek be a better choice on the sorceress? I am unclear as to the rules regarding if its effects apply to the wielder as well. Suggestions and criticisms are as always, greatly appreciated.

Oh and who's going to BB on 8/7-8/9?

Kill-Freedom
02-07-2009, 06:23
I drop the witch elves, and spend the points on something far better

PeeKay
02-07-2009, 08:37
I believe the Ring of Hotek applies to all magic in it's radius, including your own. It's not a good idea to have it on your sorceress if you are planning to cast spells :)

I think your list looks good, even with the witch elves. It has something in every department and if you get the units working together could be very effective.

I would keep the RBT's because your only missile troops would be the shades

The SkaerKrow
02-07-2009, 13:27
As you won't have any opportunities to cast spells with a single Level 1 Wizard on the table, including the Ring of Hotek isn't going to hamper you all that much.

Personally, I would retain the two Reaper Bolt Throwers. As you do not have magic or an appreciable amount of Repeater Crossbows on the table, the Bolt Throwers are going to have to carry the entirety of your army's ranged combat duty, which is important for allowing you to see off enemy support/redirection units and soften up potentially problematic targets.

Violadudester
02-07-2009, 16:03
I drop the witch elves, and spend the points on something far better

Hmmm I disagree. With the Cauldron making them stubborn, a BSB, and being immune to psychology as long as they do not lose combat, they become a very solid unit to reckon with. Do you have a suggestion as to what I should replace it with?

Thanks for the responses, I'll be play testing this list with a friend this afternoon.

chippyman64
02-07-2009, 16:10
id drop the witch elves i know there great in cc but they will get shot- otherwise theyd be a great unit

Violadudester
02-07-2009, 18:23
id drop the witch elves i know there great in cc but they will get shot- otherwise theyd be a great unit

Well depending on the army faced, I will most likely either shield them or the BG with a 5+ ward fro the cauldron. It's no insurance policy but it helps. Honestly at 10pts/model I feel its not a huge loss for me if I get shot at for a turn or two before cc, and tbh most shooting in games has been either focused on the BG or other faster elements of my force such as DR's and Harpies. Generals I've faced would rather get more "bang for their buck" shooting wise at the BG, similar logic applies to eliminating fast, mobile units that are there to disrupt my enemy's shooting phase asap. Fielding an armor less unit is a risk I am willing to take, the pro's outweigh the con's imo.

The SkaerKrow
02-07-2009, 18:53
Target saturation. If they're shooting your Witch Elves then they aren't shooting your Black Guard, and vice versa. As neither one can be panicked (until the Witch Elves lose Frenzy, of course), either one could endure the fire while advancing.

Then again, if you have two Reaper Bolt Throwers, you could potentially cripple a single small archer regiment each turn, further screening your vulnerable Druchii elite infantry.

Kill-Freedom
03-07-2009, 05:37
Hmmm I disagree. With the Cauldron making them stubborn, a BSB, and being immune to psychology as long as they do not lose combat, they become a very solid unit to reckon with. Do you have a suggestion as to what I should replace it with?

Thanks for the responses, I'll be play testing this list with a friend this afternoon.

I am afraid solid units arent so fragrile, toughness 3 and no armour, means they die in mass, by any sort of shooting

YOu could spend the points else where, on better things, that wont just die..... lol, dark elf list have heaps of good stuff to choose from, Also the COB is better off putting its effects on the black guard unit

You should try to include a master with the ring of darkness, and the magic sword, thats a great weopon, - 3 to armour or something, and have him in the BG