Heroes

Skink Chief + Stegadon + Stegadon War-Spear + Light Armor + Shield 344

Skink Priest + Diadem of Power 90

Core

15x Saurus Warriors + Spears + Full Command 210

15x Saurus Warriors + Spears + Full Command 210

12x Skinks + Full Command + 1 Kroxigor 137
__________________________________________________ ____________
I dont know what to comment on really, Stegadon flanks, Priest is used just to generate dispel dice, I think its an ok core.

Ideas?

maze ironheart
02-07-2009, 20:19
Hmm I would say first drop the unit champs on both the saurus units as 12pt's for an extra attack is a joke.I would also say drop the skink cohort unit and take 2 skink skirmishers ay about unit strength 10 each you could use the skinks skirmishers to screen block your saurus so your saurus are at full when the fight begins.If some one charges the skinks have them flee the saurus have leadership 8 with cold blooded so they'll be fine but it is a good list it's just I would ad what is mentioned.

Desert Rain
02-07-2009, 20:56
maze ironheart's advice is good. I would like to add a small thing though, change the Diadem of Power to a dispel scroll, 3DD and a scoll is better than 4D imo.

Troah
02-07-2009, 21:15
Yeah definitely drop the Skinkxigors and go for 2 units of 10 skirmishers. The light armor & shield on the Skink Chief will only help once his Stegadon dies, and at that point he's kinda useless. I also recommend, if points allow you, to go 18 Saurus, 6x3. Oh and drop the champion.

Again, ignore my failureness on my sig. :D

Ax'ataxa
03-07-2009, 05:39
it's 1k even if you drop the champ, spears, replace cohort w/ 2 skirmishers, make priest a lvl 2 and give him a second scroll or keep diadem.

Jetty Smurf
03-07-2009, 07:07
it's 1k even if you drop the champ, spears, replace cohort w/ 2 skirmishers, make priest a lvl 2 and give him a second scroll or keep diadem.

Er... I find it a bit difficult to see exactly what you are saying here.

But my recommendation is NEVER drop spears on saurus EVER! :) I do however agree with dropping the saurus champions, and depending on who you are facing, the musicians.

I am a fan of the lone hidden L2 skink with diadem. Put him in a forest and just let him store up DD for you :p

Ax'ataxa
03-07-2009, 16:55
i never use spears, and i said get rid of the block skinks for 2 skirmisher units of 10, if that was what was confusing you.

esternaefil
03-07-2009, 21:03
spears effectively double your attack potential in combat. I would suggest they are well worth the price.

maze ironheart
03-07-2009, 21:09
Oh I would say keep the spears just drop the unit champion as he is not worth it 1 attack for 12pt's.I've not used the skink cohort but they just sound not that good if I faced the unit why waste attacks on a kroxigor why I could kill an easy target.I am about 50 50 on the diadem in replace for a despell scroll both are good the diadem gives you a permernant despell dice while the scroll stops those oh my word thats gonna hurt.

esternaefil
03-07-2009, 21:20
I'm a fan of the scroll... I mean, you can't really count on dice, you only get one throw... and in some cases, you will find yourself face to face with a vampire lord, and just HAVE to dispell a 12 throw.

The scroll doesn't dispell irresistible force, but neither does the diadem. I think that most of the time your DD shuold be sufficient, and when you HAVE to dispell a lvl 6, then you can't be fiddling with a single extra die.

zeekill
04-07-2009, 02:05
Guys you do know Im getting 2 dice from the diadem right? 5 Dice should be enough. And i redid the list a bit, Im going to post it in a new thread called

Lizardmen 1000pts, My Second List