8 dryads =96

Special:
7 Wardancers =126
5 Wild riders; standard =148

Rare:
Treeman =285
5 Waywatchers =144

Comes down at a tad under 2250, 3 DD and 2 scrolls,
If Im meeting anyhting magic heavy Ill be swapping the alter to a second caddy. The second singer list is basically same just minor differences.

Wolf 11x
02-07-2009, 20:00
Just a few points from me as I haven't tried my own Dragon yet. However, I do face 2 other Wood Elf players regularly with my Lizardmen. Here goes:

1) It seems your Dragon will be completely unsupported. You have no other flyers.
2) I'd try to get the Wild Riders up to 6 models. I find this width is best as they should all fit in base to base.
3) You might consider adding more Waywatchers. Again, I like 6. :)
4) I'd be very careful about taking a Treeman with a Dragon. I haven't tried it yet, but other gamers have urged me not to take both. If you do, please let me know how it goes.
5) Is there any significance to the Wardancers being 7 strong?

As you can see, I'm a bit OCD about even numbers. Otherwise, I like it a lot. 30 GG supported by 2x8 Dryads and 7 Wardancers should be really bothersome to your opponent. Throw in the Dragon and you've got great tactical flexibility. It gives your opponent a lot to focus on, not to mention the Glade Riders and Wild Riders.

I'd be tempted to trade the Alter for another unit of Wild Riders or a unit of Warhawk Riders. I don't face many Knights (5 BKs from a VC player) so the S6 isn't too imperative for me. Also, the Dragon has Poison Breath and S6 and you've got KB Wardancers. Should be handy for that pesky 2+ armor.

However, you are at 2250 while my own list is 2000.

IkuTurso
02-07-2009, 23:02
I dont have anything against having more models, I just dont have the points :P

1) It seems your Dragon will be completely unsupported. You have no other
flyers.
Well I could take WHR but whats the point really I find them pretty pointless

2) I'd try to get the Wild Riders up to 6 models. I find this width is best as they should all fit in base to base.
I only have 5 models

3) You might consider adding more Waywatchers. Again, I like 6.
They are 6 in the second spellsinger list, dropped 1 for another dryad unit

4) I'd be very careful about taking a Treeman with a Dragon. I haven't tried it yet, but other gamers have urged me not to take both. If you do, please let me know how it goes.
Yeh well, like I said I never leave home without the treeguy :< he's too wood elf-ish and too cool and too good to leave home :P

7 just seemed like a good number to maximise the attacks,in the singer list They are 8 strong, so they can take a casualty and still punch hard.

Thanks for the comments, how do you feel about WHR, and their synergy with dragon?

willowdark
02-07-2009, 23:22
Drop the Waywatchers for an Eagle. The Waywatchers won't do anything that you can count on them to. Lethal Shot is almost guaranteed _not_ to happen with only 5 shots. But an Eagle will perform in every game, hand down the most reliable unit for its points.

Use the excess points for a 6th WR, a champ and the Warbanner. Trust me, they perform better like this.

That should leave the 21 points you need to give your Wardancers a command. +1 attack for the champ I think is almost always worth it, especially when dancing KB. And you don't want to tie combat just to find out you loose because they have a musician and you don't.

Otherwise, I like the list. It's a good build for the Dragon and with the Treeman, Wild Riders and Alter Kin, it's not only about the Dragon.

3 units of Archers might be overkill. I'd think that with the Dragon and Treeman your archers sort of take this over the top. You could trade one unit for 3 WhRs. Warhwks don't look great on paper, but they can set up crossfire situations, preventing your enemies knights from fleeing from your Dragon. Or, if you're up against MSU Ogres. Nothing worse than outmaneuvering Ogres only to have them flee from you Shock charges and leaving you open for a flank.

IkuTurso
03-07-2009, 00:27
Ok,Ill try that, but can you tell me what is the prefered role of the great eagle in an army like this? Just fly around marchblocking, or hunting warmachines, or charging with the dragon?

Wolf 11x
03-07-2009, 03:30
I dont have anything against having more models, I just dont have the points :P

1) It seems your Dragon will be completely unsupported. You have no other
flyers.
Well I could take WHR but whats the point really I find them pretty pointless

I only have 5 models

3) You might consider adding more Waywatchers. Again, I like 6.
They are 6 in the second spellsinger list, dropped 1 for another dryad unit

Yeh well, like I said I never leave home without the treeguy :< he's too wood elf-ish and too cool and too good to leave home :P

7 just seemed like a good number to maximise the attacks,in the singer list They are 8 strong, so they can take a casualty and still punch hard.

Thanks for the comments, how do you feel about WHR, and their synergy with dragon?

I'm assuming that your Dragon will be charging rank & file units. WHRs give you an additional 6 S4 attacks. They also have hit & run. Therefore, they shouldn't take much damage in combat and can always get away safely to go back to their job on your next turn. This really means that they can avoid getting bogged down in combat. Don't forget they give you a few extra longbow shots as well. This can be handy in odd situations, such as fanatics. Therefore, I feel they're an extremely diverse and useful unit.

The Great Eagle, just like WHRs, will give you a good marchblocker / warmachine / mage hunter. He could be thrown into a charge but I wouldn't expect 2 attacks to do much to support the Dragon. Also, you're not going to want him stuck in combat for long periods of time.

In both cases, you're adding more flyers that can be used in a variety of ways.

samuel44
03-07-2009, 12:44
I like the list but i think you will get owned in the magic phase. I play a wood elve list and find our bigest problem is magic, it just tears apart everything excepty treemen. With 3DD you are not going to be able to stop anything. In 2000pts i atleast try and get 5 dice.

IkuTurso
03-07-2009, 15:29
Samuel I know what your talking about, hence I have the alternive list of 2 spellsingers with 2 scrolls :)

Wolf Yeah you have a point, I have 3 WHR models so I will try them out, and the great eagle. Does the fleeing enemy unit get destroyed if they run into great eagle?
Anyway what should I drop to get some more flyers?

willowdark
03-07-2009, 17:53
Need unit strength 5 for crossfire, but the warhawks will do the job just fine.