PDA

View Full Version : Eldar questions

world in grey
02-07-2009, 22:17
does anyone know what bits come with the eldar autarch with wings? what weapon options do you get and is there different head options?

and is the autarch with the topnot still avalible cos I can't find it on GW site?

also anyone got any ideas on robe/cloak colours that might look good with a goblin green body and bleached bone head?

Alessander
02-07-2009, 22:44
does anyone know what bits come with the eldar autarch with wings? what weapon options do you get and is there different head options?

and is the autarch with the topnot still avalible cos I can't find it on GW site?

also anyone got any ideas on robe/cloak colours that might look good with a goblin green body and bleached bone head?

topknot autarch was a limited edition with the boxed army.

http://www.solegends.com/citle/citle2000/armyboxes/abEldarAutarch.htm

chromedog
03-07-2009, 02:36

Swooping hawk wings one is power sword and shuriken pistol only.

Warp spider pack is fusion gun and scorpion chainsword.

Topknot guy was only available in the army box sets.

All of the autarch arms are interchangeable, but I don't know about the heads (I don't have any of them - I've made my own).

perplexiti
03-07-2009, 02:45
[QUOTE=chromedog;3730934]Swooping hawk wings one is power sword and shuriken pistol only.

QUOTE]

Doesn't that guy come with a reaper launcher too? I seem to remember my mates one having it, well before he sold them anyways.

And I don't think they have seperate heads.

Melchiah
03-07-2009, 02:52
WD 8, Jan 2007
All the weapons and backpacks of the Autarchs and Prince Yreil are interchangeable.
Says nothing about heads. I've never seen them "headless" only armless.
@perplexiti; Im pretty sure it does

Leo
03-07-2009, 07:22
the autarch blisters look like this:

Wings, Shuriken Pistol, Reaper Launcher, Power Peapon

Warp Jump Generator, Shuriken Pistol, Fusion Gun, Scorpion Sword

Another Autarch is (was?) available via Eldar army deal.
Its the one with the topknot.

he had just Shuriken Pistol and Scorpion Sword

All autarchs also came with a banner-backpack if you didn't want to use the wings or WJG. None have seperate heads.

chromedog
03-07-2009, 13:43
Doesn't that guy come with a reaper launcher too? I seem to remember my mates one having it, well before he sold them anyways.

Only going on what I could see on the crappy GW website. I've never bought one of them, preferring to kitbash my own out of bits.

It may originally have had the reaper launcher (a heavy weapon on jump infantry?) but the site gives no indication that it is still so.

Radium
03-07-2009, 13:58

All autarchs also came with a banner-backpack if you didn't want to use the wings or WJG. None have seperate heads.

No. 1 has a bansheemask, no. 2 has a mandihat. No interchangeable heads or anything.

self biased
03-07-2009, 14:51
that was a kit where GW really dropped the ball. they could have sold it as a multi-part kit with separate bits with all the parts for a nice sum.

Ganymene
03-07-2009, 15:33
that was a kit where GW really dropped the ball. they could have sold it as a multi-part kit with separate bits with all the parts for a nice sum.

Agreed. I would have bought a bunch of them if they were mutli-part kits with a bunch of options. I might have even paid $20 each for them if they were as sweet as the Chaos Lord kit.

Now you can't even get them in the stores! You have to order Autarchs directly from GW (I still don't fully understand this). Which means I own exactly zero (generic) Autarch kits.

world in grey
03-07-2009, 15:49

well I have phoned GW this afternoon and the above is correct, really seems like a mismatch of bits in these kits, wings and a heavy weapon? go figure. either way I've ordered 1 with wings and 2 with out so I will have a nice mix of load outs

Leo
03-07-2009, 17:50
well I have phoned GW this afternoon and the above is correct, really seems like a mismatch of bits in these kits, wings and a heavy weapon?

indeed,

this is why my first Autarch also was a combination of the two blisters, giving him Wings, a Power Weapon and Fusion Gun.

The next Autarch then was created with magnets in the arm sockets and no special movement backpack. Thus he is on foot (or in a transport) and can be given most of the weapon options, that are available (except the Deathspinner and the Lasblaster).

Melchiah
03-07-2009, 19:17
Shameless plug...
This is kinda why I ended kit bashing my own from the end bits of some guardians, Dire avengers, and some old swopping hawk wings.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/brad198105/DSCF0518.jpg

world in grey
03-07-2009, 21:44
Shameless plug...
This is kinda why I ended kit bashing my own from the end bits of some guardians, Dire avengers, and some old swopping hawk wings.
http://i429.photobucket.com/albums/qq17/brad198105/DSCF0518.jpg

nice looking conversion

Alessander
03-07-2009, 23:09
For my helmetless Autarch, I used the Wood Elves "hovering" male Spellsinger (http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat50019&prodId=prod800848) without the horns, with a power sword in one hand and a fusion gun in the other, a couple GS armor plates, with swooping hawk wings on his back. looks like he's hovering in mid air.