PDA

View Full Version : 2250 High Elves looking for some advice

Peachtacular
02-07-2009, 23:23
Hi guys, I'm just getting back into WHFB. I play High Elves, but don't have very much experience with 7th ed. I played the cav, magic rbt list in 6th and really like what GW has done with the High Elf list and fully support the push towards infantry over cav.
I've got a game this weekend, 2v2 with some friends. I'm guessing the armies played will be lizardmen, tomb kings and warriors of chaos. Teams will be randomly determined.
Here's the (2250) list I've come up with. I'm looking for any sort of advice, comments, suggestions, critiques. Feed back please!

Prince 242
-GW, Radiant Gem of Hoeth, Talisman of Loec, Armor of Caledor
Caradryan 175

Mage lvl 2 185
-Ring of Fury, Silver Wand
Mage lvl 2 170
-Jewel of Dusk, Dispel Scroll

10x Archers 110
10x Archers 110

15x Phoenix Guard w/FC 305
-Banner of Sorcery
15x White Lions w/FC 255

7x Dragon Princes w/Standard, Musician 260
-Banner of Ellyrion
5x Ellyrion Reavers w/Musician 92

3x Repeater Bolt Throwers 300
Great Eagle 50

Total: 2249

The plan is to play defensively, while providing excellent combat support and some decent maneuverability options. Both Dragon Princes and White Lions can walk through forests, and the Reavers plus Eagle can serve as march blockers / warmachine hunters. Twenty archers and 3 RBT is a hefty shooting phase, and should be able to eliminate soft threats while whittling away at the big ones. My magic phase is very offensive, as I have 9-11 PD and a bound spell. Defensively, 5 DD and a scroll will hopefully suffice. The prince, who is really a werebear in disguise with Bear's Anger =), will join the phoenix guard to give them an extra punch in combat. Caradryan will join the White Lions and enjoy stubbornness and forest walking while providing MR3 and immunity to fear. Both mages will find whatever refuge they can.

What do you guys think?

Peachtacular
04-07-2009, 04:33
anybody? no comments whatsoever?