PDA

View Full Version : Tomb King in chariot??

Flogger
03-07-2009, 12:58
This is from the Direwolf FAQ:

Q. If a Tomb King character riding a chariot is killed is the
chariot automatically destroyed as it has no crew?

A. No. Per the Official answer in the above Q&A, the character and
the chariot are treated separately.
S. Direwolf FAQ Council Interpretation

Now, how does this make sense? The chariot is still there without a driver? Can it move? Can it fight?
I took for granted that a chariot with no crew would be "destroyed"?

Gazak Blacktoof
03-07-2009, 13:26
That is correct.

It doesn't make sense, but there are no rules telling you it is destroyed.

Lord Zarkov
03-07-2009, 13:52
Given that the horses pulling the chariot are aminated from death by the will of the Heirophant it does make some sense - the Priest can still control them, regardless of the state of the guy riding the chariot.

Rulsewise it is indeed correct

Gazak Blacktoof
03-07-2009, 14:16
I don't think it makes much sense from a background perspective either, undead horses still act like horses.

Malorian
03-07-2009, 14:21
Now, how does this make sense? The chariot is still there without a driver? Can it move? Can it fight?
I took for granted that a chariot with no crew would be "destroyed"?

And having an undead mummified king of a long lost kingdom ridding around on a century old chariot pulled by skeleton horses while yelling "My will be done!" which makes magical things happen did make sense?

Note to self... avoid where ever Flogger is from. Dark and evil things are going on there...

Milgram
03-07-2009, 15:00
I don't think it makes much sense from a background perspective either, undead horses still act like horses.

are you sure? because there is no background given on undead khemri horses afaik. :) yes, it is implicated by the fact that the chariot crew still have whiplashs, but that could as well just be something they remember from being alive more than an actual requirement to steer a khemri chariot. the same way as they use horns without lips or lungs while they could as well use drums. :)

(I love the lips and lung argument, everyone seems to forget, that if they cannot blow horns, they also cannot walk, because skellies do not have muscles etc.)

Gazak Blacktoof
03-07-2009, 15:16
Undead in general are shallow reflections of their former selves, I don't see any reason it would be different for horses.

EvC
03-07-2009, 15:35
So what happens when normal horses have the crew of their chariot pulling them killed? Now I'm no equinologist but I'm fairly certain they don't instantly die and dissolved into dust.

Gazak Blacktoof
03-07-2009, 15:39
The situation is unique to tomb kings.

EvC
03-07-2009, 15:52
...and War Altars, whereby the same thing happens.

Gazak Blacktoof
03-07-2009, 15:57
Ah yes, my mistake. I've never played against one so it slipped my mind.

Witchblade
03-07-2009, 16:16
I say the horses go bananas and the chariot moves 3d6 in a random direction, using the rules for fanatics.

Ok, maybe not.

sulla
04-07-2009, 04:54
I don't think it makes much sense from a background perspective either, undead horses still act like horses.Heh, my friend who plays them thinks it makes no sense that TK and princes ride crewless chariots in the first place (I agree with him too). If they just had a driver as they should, this wouldn't be a problem at all...

Milgram
04-07-2009, 09:27
I say the horses go bananas and the chariot moves 3d6 in a random direction, using the rules for fanatics.

Ok, maybe not.

would they then be removed on a double or on a tripple? :D

Flogger
04-07-2009, 10:09
Heh, my friend who plays them thinks it makes no sense that TK and princes ride crewless chariots in the first place (I agree with him too). If they just had a driver as they should, this wouldn't be a problem at all...

Well, the Tomb Kings and Tomb Princes are just plain awesome drivers and can drive and fight at the same time. And it makes the model look a lot more majestic.

Anyways, I got my question answered (still don't think it makes sense, but as someone said, a lot of things in warhammer doesn't make sense).

Cheers guys!

T10
04-07-2009, 13:53
The carrion and tomb swarms are also "animals", yet no one considers it strange that they fit so well into the Tomb Kings battle plan. If these creatures' "instincts" work in perfect unison with the Tomb King's tactics, the same can be said for the dead horses pulling the emty chariot.

-T10

Masque
05-07-2009, 03:35
Unless I'm mistaken can't all the Daemon chariots end up in the same situation?