PDA

View Full Version : 2000 points of Greenskins

Da GoBBo
02-01-2006, 19:58
Greetings, lately I'v been thinking about an armylist which can actually follow the principles of holding back reserves and attacking in waves. This is waht I came up with and I wonder what ye think of it.

Characters

Orc Warboss: 146 pt
Great Axe, Drogg’s Dead ‘Ard Armour

Goblin Shaman: 115 pt
lv 2, Ditto’s Double Doin Doo-Dash

Goblin Shaman: 140 pt
lv 2, Nibla’s Itty Ring, dispell scroll

Goblin Shaman: 115 pt
lv 2, dispell scroll

Wave number one

30 Night goblins: 165 pt
bows, 3 fanatics

bows, 3 fanatics

bows, 3 fanatics

Goblin Squig Herd: 180 pt
20 Herders, 10 Squigs

Wave number two

20 Orc boyz: 148 pt Joined by the Warboss
shields, full command

20 Orc boy Big Uns: 253 pt
spears, shields, full command, Nogg’s Banner of Butchery

20 Black Orcs: 273 pt
great axes, full command

2 Goblin Wolf chariots: 134 pt
spears, extra Goblin Crew

The idea is to kick all the goblinstuff (xept for the wolfchariots, which are too valuable) to the front to cause death and mayhem on the battle field, preferably on the enemy. They also fulfill the roll of bein in the way so the shamans can do their thing while da ladz get into position. After the gobbo's are finally trampled and the enemy forces have been withered, me orcses and chariots get to do some bashing and trample the pieces bein left.

When deploying, wave number one stands in front of wave number two, and wave number two faces my table adge to avoid nasty charges on the gobbo's due to animosity. Whadda ye think?

starlight
02-01-2006, 20:07
Personally, I'm thinking that it's awfully risky, but it *would* be interesting to try.

nanktank
02-01-2006, 23:27
I dont have my armybook with me at the moment, but why give all the night gobbos bows, I think you can just leave them with a hand weapon & shield.

shadowprince
03-01-2006, 00:01
get some bolter's to help widdle down the enemy, also you will have a problem if somone springs the fanatics.

Da GoBBo
03-01-2006, 10:16
I'v chosen bows so they can shoot from behind the fanatics at the enemy, but I gues your right and it won't be that usefull. I gues I'll drop the bows and a load of netters.

Springing the fanatics might be a quick end indeed. I was taking a look at my orc units tonight and realized I don't really need those elite orcs. I think I'll buy two cheap units of wolfriders to deal with any fanatic lurers from the points I'll save on this change. and perhaps some bolters or an extra chariot.

And yes, it's risky :D, but it definitly might work and in the past I'v found out that risky (greenskin) armies can dish out a lot of damage. I do need that support to deal with suprises though.

Here's the new list, characters are the same so I left them out.

Wave number one

30 Night goblins: 155 pt
3 fanatics, 10 netters

3 fanatics, 10 netters

3 fanatics, 10 netters

Goblin Squig Herd: 180 pt
20 Herders, 10 Squigs

Wave number two

5 Goblin Wolfriders: 60 pt reserve for wave number one
spears, short bows, (light armour?)

5 Goblin Wolfriders: 60 pt reserve for wave number one
spears, short bows, (light armour?)

20 Orc boyz: 148 pt
shields, full command

shields, full command

shields, full command

2 Goblin Wolf chariots: 134 pt
spears, extra Goblin Crew

4 Goblin Spear Chukka’s: 140

I'm not really sure about the chukka's. Maybe I'll switch them for a unit of orcs.