PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!

thevoicesinside
03-07-2009, 21:58
Hello to all in the warhammer world, i need some help, i recently started a new squad of orks for my army it is a squad of 30 stikk bomaz and my paint job denotes their name which is 'the blue bomerz' and the base is Midnight blue, and i went to a GW store to but another pot as im almost half way through them and i found out that GW has discontinued the midnight blue paint. is there anyone out there that can help me in finding a pot of midnight blue. i dont want to have to start a new paint job as im almost halfway through. Im in the UK. Please post comments as im now stuck.
Thanks.

Mannimarco
03-07-2009, 22:01
humbrol carries a midnight blue

slingersam
03-07-2009, 22:05
My friend uses enchanted blue and mixes in 1/3 chaos black. It's a pretty dark blue but is not midnight blue. He says it's close enough for him. I'm not going to say its an exact replicate. Also take my words with a grain of salt.

thevoicesinside
03-07-2009, 22:06
humbrol carries a midnight blue

is this the same base as GW paints coz i started out using humbrol paints but they were oil based so they had a nasty shine that you just cant get rid of.

Mannimarco
03-07-2009, 22:18
avoid the enamel paints, theres a whole range of acrylic paints, thats what to use

thevoicesinside
03-07-2009, 22:28
avoid the enamel paints, theres a whole range of acrylic paints, thats what to use

awesome didnt realise humbrol had acrylic. exellent i can finish my orks. thank you very much.

LonelyPath
03-07-2009, 22:55
The HUmbrol midnight blue I had is slightly lighter than the GW one, so it may need a little darkening. if you have a pippet, add 4 drops of black to the entire pot and it's pretty much an exact match though (which is what I did and found out through trial and error).

Mannimarco
03-07-2009, 23:01
humbrol really is great, at least 90% of the paint i use is from there

good choice of sprays as well if you just want to blast your army (black spray is a lot cheaper than gw, its just smaller but still good)

thevoicesinside
04-07-2009, 00:28
sweet coz when i started,.... ooo,.... about,.... i must have been about 8 (now 22) but they always came out way too shiny i could never get the shine to go away so i steared clear of em. but GW discontinue so many things its crazy. i really see no point in stopping making a paint surely paints should never be discontinued but that might just be me.