Skink Priest + 2x Dispel Scroll 115

Core

15x Saurus Warriors + Spears + Music + Standard 198

11x Skink Skirmishers 77

11x Skink Skirmishers 77
__________________________________________________ ___________

One thing, can a skink priest be in a unit of Saurus?

Troah
04-07-2009, 02:30
Skink Priest + Diadem of Power + Dispel Scroll 115

In the description of the Diadem is states that the wizard may save up to two of his own personal power dice. A level 1 Wizard generates only one power dice, meaning with the Diadem you are only getting one additional dispel dice. A level two Skink Priest would therefor be more effective with the Diadem. On a level one you should drop it for another scroll.

zeekill
04-07-2009, 02:44
In the description of the Diadem is states that the wizard may save up to two of his own personal power dice. A level 1 Wizard generates only one power dice, meaning with the Diadem you are only getting one additional dispel dice. A level two Skink Priest would therefor be more effective with the Diadem. On a level one you should drop it for another scroll.

He cant save the dice in the pool? Thats dumb....

Troah
04-07-2009, 02:53
No, that's the armies power dice, not his.

zeekill
04-07-2009, 03:05
On a side note, can you use the Skink priest channelling with Lord Kroak's special spell?

Troah
04-07-2009, 03:29
On a side note, can you use the Skink priest channelling with Lord Kroak's special spell?

No. The channeling ability states that it may only be used for magic missiles. Lord Kroaks Deliverance of Itza is not a magic missile, therefor cannt use the channeling rule.

zeekill
04-07-2009, 03:36
No. The channeling ability states that it may only be used for magic missiles. Lord Kroaks Deliverance of Itza is not a magic missile, therefor cannt use the channeling rule.

Aw..... that sucks.... man theres a lot of restrictions in this game...

Troah
04-07-2009, 03:43
Mmmm...I would say Drop a skink from each of the skrim uints, drop a one of the saurus in the unit that your hero will go that way you have 32 points..if you have 3 more points you'll be able to get the priest to level 2, swap a scroll for the Diadem.

zeekill
04-07-2009, 04:12
I think Ill be ok. It doesnt matter too much. 5 DD and 1 Scroll = 3 DD and 2 Scrolls i think, its not that big a deal. And this way i could try to get a spell off, with the storage Id be scared to use my dice. BTW no one answered my first question, can a skink preist join a unit of saurus?

Troah
04-07-2009, 04:19
One thing, can a skink priest be in a unit of Saurus?

Yes, it can.

maze ironheart
04-07-2009, 16:57
Why put him in a unit he has the heavens lore if you get the closer range spells then have him hide in a forest.I would say this new list is very good I would say why not take a skink cheif on a terradon with the sun bow to go annoy warmachines or have him march block while you fill them with arrows.

zeekill
05-07-2009, 02:24
Why put him in a unit he has the heavens lore if you get the closer range spells then have him hide in a forest.I would say this new list is very good I would say why not take a skink cheif on a terradon with the sun bow to go annoy warmachines or have him march block while you fill them with arrows.

Arrows? This army doesnt have much shooting other than blowpipes

Troah
05-07-2009, 02:37
Arrows? This army doesnt have much shooting other than blowpipes

He means give the SKink Chief, if you did bring one, should use the Staff that does S5 3xmulti shot.

maze ironheart
05-07-2009, 09:54
He means give the SKink Chief, if you did bring one, should use the Staff that does S5 3xmulti shot.

It dose work I had my skink cheif march block a chaos warrior unit when combat began they had only 1 rank (6 across 2 ranks).But the scar vet is a great fighter maybe instead of the cold one hide maybe give him something else cause if he gets stupid the unit suffers.

zeekill
05-07-2009, 20:50
Ld 8 with cold blooded? Even if it does happen once every 4 games nothing bad will come of it. Big deal i dont move one turn...

Jetty Smurf
06-07-2009, 01:09
The build you listed with the Scar-Vet actually costs 138 points (the shield is 3 pts), but I would recommend instead of the Cold One armour, just put him on a cold one. The only change with putting him on a cold one is that he doesn't get the +1 toughness bonus, but in all honesty, with T5, he doesn't really need it.

Also, replacing the cold one armour with a cold one gives you another 30 points to play with. If you would still like to make him hard to kill, give him light armour too, since its only 5 points.

Now you have 25 points to spare, with a Scar-Vet with another 1+ to his AS than before, but using base T5.