PDA

View Full Version : Lore of metal VS scaly skin

Brother captain Agrippa
04-07-2009, 09:23
after reading through my newly bought lizardmen army book.
i came to think wether or not the the rule of burning iron has any effect on scaly skin, or you just count the amoursave and not the scaly skin
e.g
a lizardmen saurus warrior takes a hit from the rule of burning iron. as the lizard has a shield and a scaly skin save of 5+ would this mean that the hit of the spell is strength 4 because the saurus has a combined save of 4+, or is it a strenght 3 hit because the scaly skin is not an amour save per se, and the shield gives a 6+

i hope this is not mistaken for cheese seeking. since we have discussed this a number of times in my gaming group. and were unable to figure it out..

Necromancy Black
04-07-2009, 09:29
Scaley Skin is an armour save for all purposes. This is stated in the BRB I believe.

Brother captain Agrippa
04-07-2009, 10:17
oka.. thx... my bad..

Avian
04-07-2009, 10:37
For the sake of simplicity, an armour save is (nearly always) an armour save these days. 5th edition and earlier had more special rules for armour saves, which made for a very clunky system (i.e. Dark Elf Corsairs could only have their armour modified to a 6+ save at worst by Strength, but could get it completely negated by other means, which made it unclear what happened if they got shot at by a High Elf Bolt Thrower (S4 and an additional -1 save modifier)).

The current system is less realistic, but works better in practice. :)

Baaltharus
04-07-2009, 11:01
The skins so hard because it has a lot of iron in it, the alchemist manipulates this....maybe:D

Tuch
04-07-2009, 13:25
At least scaly skin being effected by the lore of metal is a bit easier to swallow than the bonus armor save due to being mounted killing your otherwise unarmored model. :wtf:

chivalrous
04-07-2009, 18:44
(i.e. Dark Elf Corsairs could only have their armour modified to a 6+ save at worst by Strength, but could get it completely negated by other means, which made it unclear what happened if they got shot at by a High Elf Bolt Thrower (S4 and an additional -1 save modifier))

The Sea Dragon Cloak gave a 5+ save which "ignored armour save modifiers" multiple bolts had an armour save modifier of -2. Cannons and single bolts didn't modify the save, they ignored it completely.

jaxom
04-07-2009, 19:09
At least scaly skin being effected by the lore of metal is a bit easier to swallow than the bonus armor save due to being mounted killing your otherwise unarmored model. :wtf:

Look, man. You see where that metal saddlehorn is? Do you want it heated to a few thousand degrees? I thought not.

kylek2235
04-07-2009, 19:19
Ow. I'm surprised more mounted unarmored models don't die from that spell! That's down right horrible

Aflo
04-07-2009, 19:44
Look, man. You see where that metal saddlehorn is? Do you want it heated to a few thousand degrees? I thought not.

Ha! Very good.

Masque
05-07-2009, 02:39
Ow. I'm surprised more mounted unarmored models don't die from that spell! That's down right horrible

Yeah, they don't die, but they wish they did.

Mireadur
06-07-2009, 00:03

What could be easier to swallow? the armour bonus from being mounted comes because you normally can only hit the legs of the rider thus having less chances to land a deadly blow. It is also a big mass moving back and forth.. Harder to approach to without getting tored :p