PDA

View Full Version : 2500 point Tourney Orc Hoard

nanktank
02-01-2006, 23:31
List for an upcoming tourney I possibly might be going to if I get the ladz painted in time :) questions comments are appreciated.

Warboss Nanks Big Waagh2500 Pts - Orcs & Goblins Army

1 Orc Warboss @ 146 Pts
General; Choppa; Great Weapon Drog's Dead Ard Armour

1 Orc Big Boss @ 122 Pts
Choppa; Light Armour; Battle Standard Gorks Waaagh Banner

1 Orc Shaman @ 150 Pts
Magic Level 2; Choppa Dispel Scroll Ditto's Double Doin Doo-Dahs

23 Orc Big 'Uns @ 283 Pts
Choppa; Spear; Light Armour; Shield; full command Nogg's Banner of Butchery

25 Orc Boyz @ 203 Pts 2ndWeapon;full command

25 Orc Boyz @ 203 Pts
2ndWeapon; Choppa; Light Armour; full command

20 Savage Boyz @ 163 Pts
Frenzy; 2ndWeapon; Choppa; Warpaint; full command

20 Orc Arrer Boyz @ 188 Pts
Choppa; Normal Bow; Light Armour; full command

20 Goblins @ 80 Pts
Light Armour; Shield; full command

10 Goblin Wolf Riders @ 150 Pts
Short Bow; full command

40 Night Goblins @ 215 Pts
Shortbow; 3 fanatics full command

1 Goblin Rock Lobber @ 70 Pts

2 Goblin Spear Chukka @ 80 Pts
Bully

1 Orc Big Boss @ 203 Pts
Choppa; Light Armour Porko's Pigstikka Enchanted Shield Chariot

1 Orc Chariot @ 86 Pts

3 Trolls @ 150 Pts

Casting Pool: 4

Dispel Pool: 3

Models in Army: 204

Total Army Cost: 2492

MadJackMcJack
03-01-2006, 00:35
Main thing I would change there is to get rid of the command for the arrer boyz, and take 2 10-armourless-orc units with musicians only, and give the night gobbos and wolf riders spears. Short bows are mostly useless except against chargers, and who charges a night gobbo unit when fanatics are afoot?

Apart from that, you might wanna drop the chariot big boss for another lvl2shaman, otherwise you'll suffer horribly against magic-heavy armies until the boyz get stuck in. Then you can use the leftover points to give the warboss a magic weapon and beef up some of the units, maybe add an extra troll if you have enough.

strv
03-01-2006, 00:42
You can free up alot of points there, but since you seem to have short time painting, more troops would make more bad.

I would get rid of the full comand on some of it anyway :Wolf riders, Common goblins,
Nad arrer boys. But how many units have you finished? since there is no changing then.

I think you should split up the arrer boys anyway(if you don't have them as a fighty unit with bows)

shadowprince
03-01-2006, 02:19
the problem is only 1 mage for a tourny, meens yuor going to get smoked. Get at least one more mage, as orc ones do have sme fighting ability.

nanktank
03-01-2006, 02:24
The only unit I have left to paint is the spear armed big uns, the other option I was thinking of was getting rid of a few things, like the trolls, & chariot big boss, and putting in 3 maneaters. The arrer boyz split sounds a capital idea, and not too hard to model. I am seriously thinking of another shaman as well, magic is an area that I haven't really seen much action with my main opponents being dwarves & empire. The tournament could very well be a different story.