PDA

View Full Version : 2k VC Grave Star list

Mandragola
04-07-2009, 16:53
I used to play undead way back when but I'm mostly a 40k player these days. The army seems to offer a nice mix of good models, interesting play-style and competitiveness though, so I've drawn up a list as follows:

Vampire Lord 450
Magic Level
Master of the Black Arts
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Black Periapt
Nightshroud
Blood Drinker
Dispel Scroll

Goes with Wight King BSB and GGs. Should be hard to remove with regen and blood drinker

Vampire 195
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
The Flayed Hauberk
Tomb Blade

More a support unit, though he should turn a unit of skellies into more of a threat and keep them in the game.

Vampire 150
Armour of Night
Talisman of the Lycni
Sword of Battle

Hunts war machines and stuff.

Wight King 225
Battle Standard
The Drakenhof Banner

Causes things to not die.

10 Skeletons 110
Spears
Champion
Musician
Standard

10 Skeletons 110
Spears
Champion
Musician
Standard

10 Skeletons 98
Spears
Standard

Not very many of these guys but hopefully I can generate more.

26 Grave Guard 387
Champion
Musician
Standard
Banner of the Barrows

These guys are the main event

Varghulf 175

Does its thing

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire

I like this thing. It's almost like having another caster

I feel like there's a whole ton of things I could do differently. I don't know how reliable it is to have regen on the GGs, as there seem to be a lot of ways enemies could take it away, particularly for daemons. That said, if it stays I think I'll do pretty well. I don't know if it's too much of a gamble, or if I could manage without it anyway. I can see the BSB being subject to quite a lot of hate, but he can probably take quite a lot.

It would be nice to have some blood knights, maybe with a vamp leading them. Some kind of speedy punchy unit would probably be a big help. They would be an easy swap with the Varghulf and cart and I could send a vamp with them, probably with the book of arkhan.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for opinions.

riotknight
04-07-2009, 17:35
I used to play undead way back when but I'm mostly a 40k player these days. The army seems to offer a nice mix of good models, interesting play-style and competitiveness though, so I've drawn up a list as follows:

Vampire Lord 450
Magic Level
Master of the Black Arts
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
Black Periapt
Nightshroud
Blood Drinker
Dispel Scroll
Swap DA for Forbidden Lore, It's just more reliable.

Goes with Wight King BSB and GGs. Should be hard to remove with regen and blood drinker

Vampire 195
Dark Acolyte
Lord of the Dead
The Flayed Hauberk
Tomb Blade
This guy is okay.
More a support unit, though he should turn a unit of skellies into more of a threat and keep them in the game.

Vampire 150
Armour of Night
Talisman of the Lycni
Sword of Battle
I'm a bigger fan of giving him Flying.
Hunts war machines and stuff.

Wight King 225
Battle Standard
The Drakenhof Banner
Give him a Bared steed, or a great weapon.
Causes things to not die.

10 Skeletons 110
Spears
Champion
Musician
Standard

10 Skeletons 110
Spears
Champion
Musician
Standard

10 Skeletons 98
Spears
Standard
Unless there is a Vamp in the unit, drop the champs

Not very many of these guys but hopefully I can generate more.

26 Grave Guard 387
Champion
Musician
Standard
Banner of the Barrows
Tried and True, these guys will do okay.
These guys are the main event

Varghulf 175
a Varghulf is never a bad thing
Does its thing

Corpse Cart 100
Balefire
I try and take these in pairs.
I like this thing. It's almost like having another caster

I feel like there's a whole ton of things I could do differently. I don't know how reliable it is to have regen on the GGs, as there seem to be a lot of ways enemies could take it away, particularly for daemons. That said, if it stays I think I'll do pretty well. I don't know if it's too much of a gamble, or if I could manage without it anyway. I can see the BSB being subject to quite a lot of hate, but he can probably take quite a lot.

It would be nice to have some blood knights, maybe with a vamp leading them. Some kind of speedy punchy unit would probably be a big help. They would be an easy swap with the Varghulf and cart and I could send a vamp with them, probably with the book of arkhan.

Anyway, I'd be grateful for opinions.

I agree, you need something quick to run up with your Varghulf. I'd reccomend Black Knights, But you need to use them wisely. IF you do figure out how to get Blood Knights in there safely (Withotu compromising your list). Don't bother putting a Vamp with them, run them naked with 5. If you wanna put a Vamp in there, just add another Blood Knight

Makina
04-07-2009, 21:51
26 grave guard is way too much, take 20 tops.
Spears on skeletons suck, you want the HW/shield save so they don't drop like flies.
If you drop the spears and 8 GG (18 is fine with 2 chars in there) you could replace the CC with a unit of 5 black knights, you could really use a nice flanking unit.