PDA

View Full Version : New to fantasy daemons--2k list

Da Black Gobbo
05-07-2009, 12:07
Hi guys, i know, i know Fantasy daemons are cheese blah blah blah, i don't care, i like the models, i've been playing daemons of chaos in 40k for a year and i want to try them in fantasy, i made this list (mainly because i allready have everything except 2 or three little things) and i'd like to listen constructive criticise, about this list thanks!!!

--GUO: +lvl 3, gift that makes enemy strike last in combat.

--2xHerald of Nurgle: Palaquin, lvl1, staff of bound nurgle bound spell.

--2x15 Plague bearers: Full command, standard to re-roll wounds.

--10 horrors.

--6 Furies

--5 Fleshounds.

--4 Screamers.

Well thats it, what do you think? I think i have a good solid anvils supported by some heavy hitters and flyers to add some speed to the mix, i also have quite enough DD(7) and PD(8) to have an effective magic phase. Opinions??

dsw1
05-07-2009, 12:15
I wouldn't say 4 screamers on their own would do mch good to be honest. Against most things 5+ is usually minimum to cause major damage (never have units bigger than 5 as they become too unwieldy).

Apart from that, How do you intend to use this list? Do you want it to be slow and steady, hammer + anvil scenario? I'm curious as if we know, we can advise the best possible combinations to getting what you wish to achieve.

Welcome to Fantasy and to Fantasy Daemons of Chaos :D

Da Black Gobbo
05-07-2009, 12:31
Well i'm planing into advance slowly while bombing the enemy with my spells, then try to manage multicharges and win combats with my units supporting each other (so that means deploy each unit close). Thanx for the "welcome" i'm not a newbie in warhammer, just have a long time focused in 40k.

Gaargod
05-07-2009, 22:01
I'd say Trappings of Nurgle is pretty much mandatory on a GUO. If you need points, take of the staff from the heralds.
Also, as they're mounted on palanquins, you only need one more plaguebearer to start with a full 3 ranks combat res. And make one a BSB (its 25pts of win).

I personally would lose the screamers for more furies and increase the plaguebearers.

Basically you have 3 solid anvils (GUO, plaguebearer units), but only one hammer unit (doggies). Seems like you could do with another anvil, but maybe can't be shunted in.

Da Black Gobbo
05-07-2009, 22:41
I'd say Trappings of Nurgle is pretty much mandatory on a GUO. If you need points, take of the staff from the heralds.
Also, as they're mounted on palanquins, you only need one more plaguebearer to start with a full 3 ranks combat res. And make one a BSB (its 25pts of win).

I personally would lose the screamers for more furies and increase the plaguebearers.

Basically you have 3 solid anvils (GUO, plaguebearer units), but only one hammer unit (doggies). Seems like you could do with another anvil, but maybe can't be shunted in.

Hey thanx for the reply, i think you are right let me think what do you think about it:

--GUO: Trappings of nurgle, allways strike last power, lvl3.

=2x Heralds of Nurgle: lvl1, palaquin.

=2x 16 Plague bearers: full command, reroll to wound icon.

=10 Horrors.

==5 Fleshounds

=5 furies

==2 Fiends of slaanesh.

Well that is it, i think now i have a little more punch with the fiends, i wish i could add another fiend but that would mean remove the furies, and i need some flyers to catch warmachines and the like.

What about it now?