PDA

View Full Version : Questions on TK and OK

rolzar
05-07-2009, 19:48
Hello, Me and my friend are going to play a TK and OK battle. 2,250 pts and I have some questions on how some of the TK and OK magic items, and I also have questions some of the units.

Here is my questions:

Ogre Kingdoms

In order for greedy fists to destroy your opponents weapon, what save do you have to make?

Does the Tenderiser allow armor saves?

What do you need to roll for bangstick to work, 3+? and can you add powerdice to it, in order to make the spell harder to dispel?

Tomb Kings

Can you dispel the casket of souls?

Ok post back with whatever you have on this topic, It would be much appreciated

MasterSparks
05-07-2009, 20:06
Hi,

Ogre Kingdoms

1) As the army book says "Saving throw", I'd be inclined to think that any kind of save, be it armour, ward or regeneration, is enough to activate the powers of the Greedy Fist. This might have been FAQ'd or something, I'm not sure if it has been or not.

2) The Tenderizer does not outright disallow armour saves, though being a great weapon it will give any opponent a significant penalty to said save.

3) You do not need to roll anything for the Bangstick to work, it will be automatically cast with a power level of 3. Your opponent will then have to decide whether or not he wishes to dispel it. If he decides not to, the spell will succeed. You also cannot add any power dice to a bound spell.

Tomb Kings

1) The Casket of Souls can indeed be dispelled. The army book states that the Light of Death is cast with a power level of 2D6. If you can match his 2D6 with your dispel dice, the Casket's power will not work.

I hope this helps. :)

Witchblade
05-07-2009, 21:00
It could even be argued that the casket of souls' primary goal is sucking up 3DD from the opponent.

rolzar
06-07-2009, 02:54
Ty everyone for the help. However, I was wondering if anyone who plays Ogres take a look at it and would like to give some helpful tips

Tyrant: greedy fist, wyrdstone necklace, the tenderiser, HA, Luck gnoblar
Butcher: bangstick, Halfling cookbook
Butcher: dispel scroll, Halfling cookbook

30 gnoblars
30gnoblars
20 gnoblars

4 bulls Bellower+ look out bellow and light armor
4 ironguts bellower+ look out below standard bearer and cannibal totem
14 gnoblar trappers

2 Ledblechers
2 Ledblechers
2 Ledblechers
2 Ledblechers

gorger
gorger

I am facing a TK army once again with casket, any tips woud be wonderful

rolzar
06-07-2009, 02:59
Sorry, I have another question as well. What in the Ogrew army can be killing blowed because I am kind of worried about the Tomb Guard

ICLRK625
06-07-2009, 03:11
Sorry, I have another question as well. What in the Ogrew army can be killing blowed because I am kind of worried about the Tomb Guard

Just Gnoblars can be Killing Blowed.

As for your list, it's really not to my liking. As an Ogre player, you'll come to learn that using as few bulls as possible (I do 2 squads of 4 with only a musician) is to your benefit.

The only role that Bulls fill out better then Ironguts is killing lightly armoured stuff, and even then, it can be iffy. A Bull can, at best, have 1 attack more then an Irongut, and an equal armor save (1 higher in combat), and by doing that you lose out on the ability to wound on a 2+ against just about anything (a 3+ isn't bad though), so it evens out basically. So drop 2 of the squads of Bulls, and 1 squad of Gnoblars (field them in units of 20-25, 30 isn't going to make any significant difference), and fill in some more bulls.

Your Tyrant is sort of iffy, and one of your Butchers is illegal (can't have 2 of the same magic item excluding Scrolls and Powerstones). For the tyrant, I wouldn't bother with the Greedy Fist, as unless you count the Wyrdstone Necklace as working with it, it's rarely going to make a save against a Tomb King weapon (Kings are default Strenght 5 [which means with your Tendereiser you're up to a 6+ armor save]), and even if it does, none of them are THAT scary in a one on one fight (perhaps the Mace thing that gives +1 Attack and ASF). Instead, I like (and I know many will disagree) giving him the Mawseeker Big Name and the Jade Lion on top of the Tendereiser, as it makes him tough as nails, and hits hard enough to make any Lord (save Greater Daemons) afraid.

As for the Butchers, the Bangstick is really all you should bring other then Dispel Scrolls, as it's just another way to draw out Dispel Dice for you to cast mroe Gut Magic. Also, a fun idea is to give a Butcher the Siege Breaker, it makes him far more dangerous against Tomb King heroes (not that he should be having trouble against anything save a Prince/King).

I'd also reccommend dropping at least 2 squads of Lead Belchers, and taking a Scrap Launcher (which will be insanely useful against TKs, due to low toughness and armor), or a squad of Yhetees.

The Gorgers should stay, can never go wrong with those.

Good luck with your game, and have fun!

Urgat
06-07-2009, 03:13
Hi,

Ogre Kingdoms

1) As the army book says "Saving throw", I'd be inclined to think that any kind of save, be it armour, ward or regeneration, is enough to activate the powers of the Greedy Fist.

While regen now basically works like a ward save, it is still not one so it won't work with the greedy fist.