PDA

View Full Version : Lets try this....a competitive beasts list

mightygnoblar
05-07-2009, 21:31
This list seems pretty awesome, hopefully it can contend with some of the higher teir armies.....thats right daemons...im looking at you!!

Bray Shaman
Lv 2
Braystaff
Chaos Armour
Crown of Horns
Total 156

Bray Shaman
Lv 2
Braystaff
2 Dispel Scrolls
Total 166

Beast Herd
12 ungor
8 Gor
Full Command
Total 139

Beast Herd
12 ungor
8 Gor
Full Command
Total 139

Beast Herd
12 ungor
8 Gor
Full Command
Total 139

Beast Herd
11 ungor
8 Gor
Full Command
Total 139

Tuskgor Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch
Total 105

Tuskgor Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch
Total 105

Tuskgor Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch
Total 105

Tuskgor Chariot
Mark of Tzeentch
Total 105

Chaos Giant 205

What do people think?

mightygnoblar
06-07-2009, 14:49
no criticisms?

take the list is awesome then?

Peril
06-07-2009, 21:33
You cannot mark beast chariots

mightygnoblar
06-07-2009, 22:05
according to the beasts FAQ you can, they pay the same points as if you were buying for a regiment

puppetmaster24
06-07-2009, 22:09
LOL competative beast list, good luck.
sorry, but i don't think it is possible unless you have nothing but chariots and mark of tzeench.

mightygnoblar
06-07-2009, 22:17
i have four of them, meaning my two wizards can reliably cast both of their spells each turn

people dont give beasts the credit they deserve, yes they are far far worse now that they dont have access to mortals and daemons but beast herds still rock, they are ranking skirmishers that can ambush if facing a gunline

Peril
07-07-2009, 01:25
according to the beasts FAQ you can, they pay the same points as if you were buying for a regiment

I was not aware of this. In that case, mark em with Khorne (with the new rules for frenzy, the Tuskgors get extra attacks)! You get immunity to psych, you still get magic D, and you can screen the chariots as needed.

I think Khorne is the most competitive build, because of the fickle nature of magic and that beast's biggest drawback is LD.

WhiteKnight
07-07-2009, 02:20
It even says in the army book in the paragraphs about marks of chaos that chariots can be marked. Well yeah, beastmen are getting less credit than they deserve. Their basic troop has toughness 4, WS 4. Despite the fact they these guys arent the best armored, they can hit hard.

Your 1500 list sounds good. Chaos Giants are great but I do prefer Dragon Ogre Shaggoths just because they are a little more reliable. But hey, stubborn leadership 10 and some pretty fun attacks and a cheap terror causer is great. First thing is never make chariots khorne unless your confident in your chariots getting the charge off before getting charged.

mightygnoblar
07-07-2009, 12:00
I did consider marking them as khorne, as they would hit probably as hard as a squad of empire knights and would be even more deadly in pairs, however at 35pts a go and with the risk of being baited/ran into woods i decided it was not worth it, tzeentch is a far cheaper mark without any drawbacks to the chariot itself.

Peril
07-07-2009, 15:24
mightygnoblar - the drawback is LD 7. You are going to fail to charge those ghouls %50 of the time.

mightygnoblar
07-07-2009, 22:21
while that is true it is a failing that runs right through the list and one im going to have to deal with i think, that extra 15pts per mark means il have to cut 60pts from the list which is a little too much i think

what i could do however, is swap two of the marks for khorne, drop the smaller beast herd and use those points to buy some hounds to screen. THis would balance my magic defence (6 power and 6 dispel), give me two really hard hitting chariots and the hounds to stop them going haywire, what do you think about that peril?

Isabel
08-07-2009, 10:52
I just recently bought a 2000pt BoC army, so I'm far from experienced with them. But maybe drop the standards from each herd unit to free up the points you need? That's an extra 400 VPs in standards. In a 1500pt game, that's huge.

mightygnoblar
08-07-2009, 12:00
Thing is those units benefit greatly from those standards when it comes to actually winning combats, if i removed them i would basically be relying on kills and realistically herds dont have that much killing power.

i think im gonna go with driopping the fourth herd, changinf two of the marks to khorne and using the remaining points to buy hounds

ChesneySwoopingHawks
08-07-2009, 18:45
Competitive Beasts lists! You have three options really. Loads of herds led by the guy who turns you into a swarm is one, chariot army is another (you used to see loads of these but not so much these days) the third option is taking the doombull as a general which allows you to have minotaurs as core choices. I'm afraid this post has an ulterior motive as I am selling one of these monster armies on ebay. (You know the list, Doombull, Minotaurs, Shaggoth, Giant, Trolls, Dispel Wizards and a few herds for cover) They're up there for 100 quid if anyone's interested.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&item=260443250120

Cheers
Chesney
(Hope this post doesn't break the rules of the forum)