PDA

View Full Version : Lizardmen 2250 points - help on which build

Oblivion
06-07-2009, 04:06
Hey all,

Just need some help choosing how to spend some extra points for this tournament army. The basic build i have settled on is :

Slann
- Focus of Rumination (+1 dice per spell)
- Focus of mystery (knows all spells)
- Bane head
- cupped hands
- battle standard
- 2x power stones 450

Skink Priest
- EOTG
- lvl 2
- Plaque of tepok 405

18x Saurus warriors
- Full command
- spears 246

18x Saurus warriors
- Full command
- spears 246

10x Skink Skirmishers 70

10x Skinks 50

10x Skinks 50

3x Terradons 90

16x Temple guard
- Full command 291
1878 points

This is the basic army. Now the options to add:

OPTION 1

Scar-vet
- Sword of striking
- spear
- light armour
- shield
- coldone 142

5x cold-one cav
- music
- standard
- huanchi's blessed totem 230

OPTION 2

Scar-vet
- great weapon
- light armour
- enchanted shield
- charm of the jaguar warrior 136

Skink Priest
- lvl 2
- cloak of feathers
- Diadem OR scroll OR rod of storms

Option 1 gives me a nice hammer unit, but option 2 makes my magic that little more potent. I cant seem to choose between them. I have had bad experiences with stupidity before, so that might be putting some bias on me.

Which option would you take? Other ideas are welcome.

cheers

MooseWarrior
06-07-2009, 16:22
I would go with option 1, mainly because you should have enough magic with the slann and a priest on a EOTG. I have never fielded Cold Ones, but I've seen them used well, and can be a great heavy-hitter, especially with the Scar-vet. You shouldn't worry about stupidity too much, with Ld 8 on 3d6, you should pass it most of the time.
Otherwise I would take a Steg and some salamanders if you really don't want to take the Cold Ones.

Eulogy2
06-07-2009, 16:30
you have to many anvil units and no hammers in your main list. choice one will be better as you NEED a flanking unit. i would also recommend dropping one unit of saurus for skink/krox unit so you would then have 2 anvils and 2 hammers.

Sindagon
06-07-2009, 17:04
I would also go with choice 1.

infernus31
06-07-2009, 17:12
It looks fairly similar to mine, I would also go with option one. I would also say that his other hammer is the engine if needs be rather then the skrox unit (which IMO isnt that fab anyway)

Eulogy2
06-07-2009, 18:13
the EOTG should never be played as a hammer. if you charge and roll a 1 for impact hits your screwed and can easily loose the preist, and we all know stegs suck in combat after the charge. 16 skinks and 2 krox gives you outnumber and 3 ranks for a 4 CR without any wounds. the krox hit like a truck, specially with portent of far on them. skink/krox are cheap and effective flankers.

Oblivion
07-07-2009, 02:02
Thanks for the feedback

I've tried Krox/skink units before, with very limited success. The problem seems to be the krox only get 2-3 hits in on average which sometime just hasnt been enough. The unit tends to break a bit as well. Guess ill experiment a bit more.

Q. does the whole unit of krox/skinks cause fear?