PDA

View Full Version : Dwarfs 3000pts - This is how big boys play.

Quannum
06-07-2009, 10:01
Hi guys,

Have been playing 2000/2250 points for a while now and as one of very few WFB players at my LGS at the moment (stupid 40k Heresy tournament going on) a friend (and regular opponent) of mine and I decided to up the ante and field 3000 points from here on in. We enjoyed a cracking game the other day as the points limit opens up so many more possibilities and you really get a great cross-section of each army list.

I've now tweaked the list I played a version of the other day and come up with the following. The general idea is that the list properly demonstrating Dwarven combat ruggedness backed up by proper Dwarven firepower and magic resistance. Hence a large centre line that is unbreakable/immune to fear/terror thatadvances quickly (Strollaz helping there) backed up by smaller and highly effective bait and flee Warriors units. The guns/xbows take up positions to protect the flanks of the battle line and Thorek controls the opponent's manouvrability. Special Characters are not only allowed, but encouraged.

Here it is:

DWARFS 3000 pts BALANCED

Thorek Ironbrow – X pts.

Dwarf Lord – 281 pts.
Shieldbearers, GW, MRoSteel, RoResistance, RoStone, MRoChallenge.

Thane – 142 pts.
Shield, MRoSwiftness. RoFury, RoCleaving, RoStone.

Thane – 200 pts.
BSB, Strollaz Rune, RoBattle, RoCourage.

Runesmith – 147 pts.
Shield, MRoBalance, RoSpellbreaking.

10 Quarrellers – 120 pts.
Shields

10 Thunderers – 150 pts.
Shields

10 Warriors – 90 pts.
Shields

18 Longbeards – 266 pts.
Full Command, Shields, RoBattle.

18 Hammerers – 314 pts.
Full Command, Shields, RoBattle, RoStoicism.

20 Slayers – X pts.

1 Cannon – 130 pts.
RoForging, RoBurning.

1 Bolt Thrower – 90 pts.
Engineer, RoPenetrating, RoBurning

1 Bolt Thrower – 85 pts.
Engineer, PoPenetrating

1 Organ Gun – X pts.

1 Gyrocopter – X pts.

TOTAL: 3000 pts.
DP: 9 + 1 Rune

Comments?

Q

Quannum
06-07-2009, 16:56
bumpity bump.

Peril
06-07-2009, 21:31
thumbs down for Thorek

Violadudester
06-07-2009, 21:57
I don't think Thorek is a big deal for 3k and the fact its versus a friend of yours makes it non-issue. I'd prefer to see 1 or 2 gyrocopters, they are excellent march bockers and can effectively double the effectiveness of your shooting phase. I run 2 of them in my 2250 games and don't leave home without them.

Why units of only 10 warriors? Get another unit of quarrelers or thunderers imo and put your shooting phase to the max. Also I think two bolt throwers, one with RoP the other with RoP/Burning, would be more firepower and points efficient than a single cannon. They'll be chariot killers and have nearly the same rank destroying power as the cannon will.

xpo50
07-07-2009, 03:55
jut for reference, Thorek is about 500 points

Quannum
07-07-2009, 06:57
Thorek isn't a big deal for 3000 points especially when facing other SC's.

I hate when people get hung up on him. Considering his meta, he is no longer as overpowered as before. Daemons, High Elves, Lizards, Dark Elves and WoC all smash.

Anyway, have made some adjustments to the list according to some observations. Edited in the OP.

Q

AFoolProofPlan
07-07-2009, 07:10
I agree with Violadudester
I'd just go for 10 Shooters, instead of 10 warriors. Even if you're using them as a bait and charge unit, or a supporting counter charge, 10 shooters will atleast be shooting stuff while they wait for the inevitable charge.

No Miner/anvil combo? It's not exactly necessary, but always fun.

And I think it might be little light on CC for 3k. But I suppose it does have enough shooting to put a hurt in most stuff.

Quannum
07-07-2009, 23:43
Yeah its about dictating what the other player does by throwing Stubborn/Unbreakable units at his units trying to flee my shooting onslaught.

I've found its very hard for an opponent to dictate how Dwarfs play.

We're too grumbly!

Q